Can we go back to giving new characters stuff in the next rift after they released?
TLDR: GIVE RIFT OUTFITS TO THE OGS WHO DON'T HAVE THEM
Like this kind of shocks me that they said they were going to do this, then after a couple tomes/rifts they completely stopped. I know they mainly did this for lore and most characters still have had rift cosmetics at this point, but let's be real, there's no reason the same survivors need to be getting outfits over and over and over again when there's still some characters who have never gotten any and the good news is, there's so few left that you can do them all at once!
The only (original) characters not to have a rift outfit yet are:
- Houndmaster
- Krasue
- Vee
- Tae-Young
- Shane
That is it. 4 of those 5 were even released in the last year. Like next time the devs think of putting someone like Meg or Wraith in a rift, I want them to remember these 5 forgotten characters who have yet to appear in a rift. Just so we're clear of why I'm calling those 2 out, it's because over the last few weeks (time restraints) I've looked at the list of cosmetics that came with each rift and found out they are the killer and survivor with the most cosmetics coming from the rift. Here's the top 10 for each role:
These do include Sunflesh in them. Something to notice is all of the original killers and survivors that released in 2016 (Trapper, Wraith, Hillbilly, Nurse, Hag, Dwight, Meg, Claudette, Jake, Nea, and Ace) all have 10+ outfits in the time the rifts have been out. You're telling me these characters that have been getting cosmetics so long there's cosmetic dlcs with them need another outfit when there are original characters that have released in the last 2 years with no rift outfits and barely any store? Give Houndmaster, Krasue, Vee, Tae-Young, and Shane a chance to shine.
I'm going to make maybe a different post showing all the data of killers and survivors and their rift outfits.


Comments
Heck yeah Adam! Look at him go!
I remember a time when there were posts begging for Adam to get some love in the cosmetic department. Now he's received more than even Dwight? Love to see it.
I think it's about money at the end of the day. The theme of the rift is going to have a massive effect on how many people buy it. If you look at that list of recent releases, krasue, trickster and houndmaster they are all a bit culturally niche and wouldn't necessairly be super popular. Though I think they're really missing a trick not doing a pirate themed rift for houndmaster.
BHVRs pattern seems to be, pick a theme people will like, and stack a lot of outfits for popular survivors and killers. The ST rift was a good example, they were riding the stranger things hype and stacked it with skins for most of the popular characters. It certainly worked on me, I'm a dedicated jeff main and that 80s themed skin he got was great. Interestingly the only st survivor who got a skin with that rift was eleven. Nothing for steve nancy or dustin.
Plus you can see the pickrate bias. 2 survs with a lot outfits in your list are nea and feng, who are probably 2 of the most commonly seen survivors. And the 5 that you want to see more outfits for are fairly rarely played. Krasue and houndmaster are starting to get to twins level of rarity in my games. The only one I see regularly is vee.