Can toxicity be punished more in the future please?

(Englisch is not my native language, sorry for Grammer and spelling mistakes)

A see a lot of content creators call out Killer Anxiety and how it got worse over the years. I'm not here to talk about the game balance or "Side XY is harder" but I don't understand why toxic behavior is so much allowed in this game.

I reported people who used hacks and when they get banned I got the Report Feedback that the Person is banned from the Game. I never get a notification for a player getting banned for reporting Toxic behavior.

Some told me to unalive myself for trying out the Dredge for the first time and I reported it. I never got the feedback that he got banned.

Like idk if I'm just unlucky but is toxicity not getting any punishment in this game? I don't expect someone getting a week long ban for writing "ez" once but that even death treats get ignored is so weird. Please work on that devs.

Comments

  • I have the same experience of getting no responses for chat abuse. I don’t report for normal post-game salt, but I do report for racial/homophobic slurs, death threats, death wishes and stuff at that level. I never get responses for my reports. It doesn’t seem like BHVR take this stuff seriously, at least based on my experience.

  • I honestly think BHVR doesn't give a dam. They'll say they do care but I've never once seen any kind of action against it since I've started playing when Oni was released.

    Other games takes it seriously League of Legends really good example community was super toxic years ago but they got a system that quickly and heavily punishes toxic players and alerts everyone that X player was punished for Y reason in a recent game. They even have a honor system that helps promote good behavior. There's still a bit of light trash talking but the community really improved a lot.

    DBD? Jack #########. Auto censorship which is extremely easy to bypass, toxic players during end game never punished, zero transparency from the devs about toxic behavior or killer anxiety and the thumbs up system we have for all we know it does literally nothing.

  • In the past two weeks, I've reported 5 people who told me to uninstall myself. Haven't seen any results yet, maybe that team is on vacation.