Five Moves Ahead > Windows of Opportunity

Now that we have Five Moves Ahead, it only makes sense to rework Windows of Opportunity. Perks doing the exact same thing with a few extra steps, is ridiculous.

Change its name if you have to. I still wish the pallet aura side of Five Moves Ahead was a toggle… or just didn't exist period. Windows is the ultimate, turn your brain off, run to yellow and pre-drop, perk. Paired with Lithe it is effectively as brain dead as survivor gets. Do you know how it feels to see a survivor run to yellow, not looking back, dropping a pallet and then vaulting a window skipping off into the distance? At least with Sprint Burst you have to time it and it doesn't feel as brain dead.

Nothing irks me more than Windows/Lithe combo and I think we have come far enough to warrant gutting this combo.

….and I'm a survivor main... The "but windows is an info perk" means nothing. It's time to force the player-base to use their brains, and knowledge to memorise pallet spawns based on RNG. I can do it, there's nothing stopping other players from doing it. Let's move away from the game-plays-itself stuff. (would be nice on both sides if you forced us to use our brains a little more) :D

Truly feels disgusting versing Lithe/Windows players though. 0 thoughts, just yellow. Please nerf/rework… and lets stop making perks do the same thing please.

Comments

  • I don't think Windows is really a problem personally, it's good but it's not letting you get to resources you couldn't get to otherwise. I think poor map balance is usually the real culprit.

    However, if you were to change it what would you do? I'm curious to hear what your ideal version of Windows would look like.

  • Windows should only be active when you are injured. Would balance it and would be useful when its most needed. It being on the whole match makes it way too versatile and way too easy to use.

  • @Lavoonus said:

    I don't think Windows is really a problem personally, it's good but it's not letting you get to resources you couldn't get to otherwise. I think poor map balance is usually the real culprit.

    However, if you were to change it what would you do? I'm curious to hear what your ideal version of Windows would look like.

    It's a joke being outplayed because the survivor has all of their escape routes highlighted in a bright colour and it removes all skill expression, just predrop run, predrop run. It's mind-numbingly boring and painful to verse. I don't think map balance is the culprit at all, actually. No thoughts. Just running to colour. And why do we need Windows if we have Five Moves Ahead that does everything windows does… and more? Make 0 sense.

    *I don't even know what I would change it to, which is why I say change it's name too, because there's only so much you can do with something called Windows of Opportunity xd

  • @Wezqu said:

    Windows should only be active when you are injured. Would balance it and would be useful when its most needed. It being on the whole match makes it way too versatile and way too easy to use.

    I think it should be reworked completely. There's no need for it, especially with pallet density, you can run and look around and there will likely be a pallet, rather than mindlessly being a drone and running to the nearest highlighted object every chase, no unique pathing, just wasting every resource you come across because it was highlighted there for you….

    I do like the idea of it only activating when injured (and in chase - but Five Moves Ahead already does that so we're back at square one where I think we should rework it into something entirely different, changing it's name if deemed necessary too)

    I think the game would feel healthier.

  • It's difficult to judge, most maps are not statics and some that are still don't always spawn all the same pallets. Midwich I got 2 roms next to each other without a single pallet yet they spawned there before. It's menace in solo where you have no idea what pallets been used and it prevents running to dead zones. I think it's very usefull in solo while not so usefull in swf. Five moves ahead are only working untill you drop pallet then it has 40s cooldown, Windows used to have 20s cooldown if you vault or drop pallet which is kind of only reasonable change that migh be reverted to prevent braindead loop chaining but on the other hand, modern vs og killers, so many factors. If you ask me what perk I want to be nerfed windows would be a long behind after perks like we gonna live forever, sprint, made for this, champion etc.

  • @Elan said:

    It's difficult to judge, most maps are not statics and some that are still don't always spawn all the same pallets. Midwich I got 2 roms next to each other without a single pallet yet they spawned there before. It's menace in solo where you have no idea what pallets been used and it prevents running to dead zones. I think it's very usefull in solo while not so usefull in swf. Five moves ahead are only working untill you drop pallet then it has 40s cooldown, Windows used to have 20s cooldown if you vault or drop pallet which is kind of only reasonable change that migh be reverted to prevent braindead loop chaining but on the other hand, modern vs og killers, so many factors. If you ask me what perk I want to be nerfed windows would be a long behind after perks like we gonna live forever, sprint, made for this, champion etc.

    That Midwich pallet issue has affected me too, I feel like it's gotta be a bug no? On a few maps since a while back. You would have a guaranteed pallet just not spawn for some reason leaving that room be a dead zone, even after pallet density update. I feel like someone should report these bugs because there's no justifiable reason to remove pallet spawns that have 100% spawned there since they got released. Other than to be annoy everyone… But I experienced this too, which was frustrating but I'm almost certain it has to be a bug.

  • @sp1nu_ said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4101042#Comment_4101042

    That Midwich pallet issue has affected me too, I feel like it's gotta be a bug no? On a few maps since a while back. You would have a guaranteed pallet just not spawn for some reason leaving that room be a dead zone, even after pallet density update. I feel like someone should report these bugs because there's no justifiable reason to remove pallet spawns that have 100% spawned there since they got released. Other than to be annoy everyone… But I experienced this too, which was frustrating but I'm almost certain it has to be a bug.

    Its reported and its marked Fix Incomming except I am not 100% sure when it was marked that so if it was marked that after the last patch came out then it will be fixed in August when the new chapter comes. If it was marked that before it should already be in the game.

  • I think 5 moves ahead COULD be nerfed and renamed to 2 moves ahead where it only reveals 2 pallets and 2 windows and will still have the faster pallet drop and cooldown

  • @sp1nu_ said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4101042#Comment_4101042

    That Midwich pallet issue has affected me too, I feel like it's gotta be a bug no? On a few maps since a while back. You would have a guaranteed pallet just not spawn for some reason leaving that room be a dead zone, even after pallet density update. I feel like someone should report these bugs because there's no justifiable reason to remove pallet spawns that have 100% spawned there since they got released. Other than to be annoy everyone… But I experienced this too, which was frustrating but I'm almost certain it has to be a bug.

    Many said they are aware of it, but it hasn't been resolved in almost a year

  • @sp1nu_ said:

    Now that we have Five Moves Ahead, it only makes sense to rework Windows of Opportunity. Perks doing the exact same thing with a few extra steps, is ridiculous.

    Change its name if you have to. I still wish the pallet aura side of Five Moves Ahead was a toggle… or just didn't exist period. Windows is the ultimate, turn your brain off, run to yellow and pre-drop, perk. Paired with Lithe it is effectively as brain dead as survivor gets. Do you know how it feels to see a survivor run to yellow, not looking back, dropping a pallet and then vaulting a window skipping off into the distance? At least with Sprint Burst you have to time it and it doesn't feel as brain dead.

    Nothing irks me more than Windows/Lithe combo and I think we have come far enough to warrant gutting this combo.

    ….and I'm a survivor main... The "but windows is an info perk" means nothing. It's time to force the player-base to use their brains, and knowledge to memorise pallet spawns based on RNG. I can do it, there's nothing stopping other players from doing it. Let's move away from the game-plays-itself stuff. (would be nice on both sides if you forced us to use our brains a little more) :D

    Truly feels disgusting versing Lithe/Windows players though. 0 thoughts, just yellow. Please nerf/rework… and lets stop making perks do the same thing please.

    No, it's not the same. Five Moves Ahead has a 30 second cooldown and you only see the closest 5 pallets and windows when not on CD. Windows of Opportunity is permanently active and you see all pallets and windows within 32 metres. If I want to see pallet / window auras, I would always prefer Windows over Five Moves Ahead.

    People usually play Five Moves Ahead because you can move 50 % faster after dropping a pallet which is pretty good against range killer's like Huntress, Jason, Deathslinger etc.

  • @HexPectoPatronum said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/470161/five-moves-ahead-windows-of-opportunity

    No, it's not the same. Five Moves Ahead has a 30 second cooldown and you only see the closest 5 pallets and windows when not on CD. Windows of Opportunity is permanently active and you see all pallets and windows within 32 metres. If I want to see pallet / window auras, I would always prefer Windows over Five Moves Ahead.

    People usually play Five Moves Ahead because you can move 50 % faster after dropping a pallet which is pretty good against range killer's like Huntress, Jason, Deathslinger etc.

    It's the same… with extra steps. Like I said.

  • Five Moves Ahead is slightly better option. Firstly a lot of killers have very high pings at least in my lobbies so playing for stun or loops is beyond crazy and against half the killers it's smarter to predrop and play 50/50 rather than playing fillers.

  • Five Moves Ahead is definitely better, and Windows does provide the ability to "turn your brain off" a bit if you'd like, but it's necessary for new players. You and I are not the target, the perk is for players who don't have time or the hundreds of hours to memorize pallet spawns, not for someone like me (and possibly you) with thousands of hours.

  • @Arcturus said:

    Five Moves Ahead is definitely better, and Windows does provide the ability to "turn your brain off" a bit if you'd like, but it's necessary for new players. You and I are not the target, the perk is for players who don't have time or the hundreds of hours to memorize pallet spawns, not for someone like me (and possibly you) with thousands of hours.

    Kwon is free, Kate is free. Both perks do the same thing essentially, in the "learning pallet spawns" respect. - changing Windows of Opportunity wouldn't harm new players since Five Moves Ahead exists, and is healthier overall compared to "see yellow, run to yellow, pre drop yellow, run away"…

    If they really want to teach people about pallet spawns and "the science behind it" based on rng etc. They need to upgrade their tutorial system/allow custom made tutorials etc. that can teach people rather than having a perk like Windows of Opportunity baby walk them the entire time they play the game. I may have thousands of hours, but I get queued with people who also have thousands of hours, who refuse to take this perk off because it is THAT much of a clutch.

    People will never take initiative to learn themselves if they have a perk doing all of the work for them.