Suggestions for DBD
I just got dead by daylight a few days ago and I've been having fun with it. But there are some improvements I'd like to suggest, mostly with custom games.
- Please add 8v2. I know this used to be a a gamemode for public games as an event, but i don't see why it can't be for custom games. Since it's a custom game, I don't think balancing needs to be that high of a priority. I saw others saying a problem with 8v2 is "who hosts" since killer apparently is the host. Simple solution for custom: whoever creates the initial lobby is the host. 2 killers don't need to be required, anywhere from (SvK) 1v2 to 8v1 can work. Adding a killer can work just like adding a survivor, add a (customizable) bot, a friend, or just have 1 killer. 2 of the same killer can be used (it's custom, why not?). For survivors, once all 4 slots are filled, another 4 slots open up to the left (or behind, or wherever).
- Add map customizing. Custom server hosts can choose which map (or have random, which is default) to play, including 8v2 maps on normal 4v1 mode. Other things like generators and pallets can be configured as well. The host can choose the amount of generators that spawn, as well as how many the survivors have to complete (or keep default). Pallets can be set to respawn once destroyed or reset once put down, host can enter time length in seconds or have disabled (default). The amount of pallets can also be set.
- Add survivor options for custom lobbies. Things that aren't in normal lobbies such as how many hits the survivors have before going down (i.e. 1 - 3 hits, maybe even changeable per survivor) or how many times they can get hooked before sacrifice. Maybe options like infinite item charge can be available if the survivors want to have a really busted game.
- Add killer options for custom lobbies. Similar to survivors, killers can also get more options. Changing attack cooldown to 0 - 5 seconds, terror radius set 0 - 32 (or maybe up to 64) meters, vault speed (i know there are perks for this, but this will make it so no perk slot is needed) can be set via number entry between 0.5 - 2 seconds, or if that is too complex to add, maybe a dropdown for every 0.5 seconds. The regression speed of damaging a generator can also be changed, making it up to 10x faster or slower.
If there are any problems* with these suggestions, please let me know.
*problems meaning internal problems, i.e. too complex to code in, not game balance problems.
Comments
I'm not really sure why this is getting down votes, I'm not sure what's so wrong about suggesting these for custom games lmao. I will say though that I think a lot of this is unrealistic for the game. Considering BHVR hasn't even properly fixed spectator in customs (it's more common for something to be bugging out than not) I don't think customs are high on their priority list, and things like being able to individually customize gen/pallet spawns, or adjusting values specific to killers or survivors would take a lot of dev time.
I do think that 2v8 is something they need to add to customs though, as they need to do with all their custom game modes. Lights Out or My Little Oni would be so fun to play with your friends, and they already have it, they would just need to add an option to actually play it in customs. The same is with killer bots, we had a rudimentary killer bot in the tutorials but we still don't have the ability to add one in customs. The dynamically changing lobby size might be a bit more difficult but it feels doable to me.
Other than that, I will say that during this year's anniversary live stream, the developers announced that a full modding suite was going to be added to the game. Not sure what the exact extent is going to be, but if you were going to get these things that would be the point where you would be able to get them.
that's what I was thinking. I don't mind dislikes, but at least tell me why, or what's wrong with my post.
It doesn't need to be dynamically changing. it could have all 8 options from start
Pallet respawning and config doesn't need to be that high of a priority. Gen config doesn't need to either, but I would rate at least setting the amount needed a bit higher.
By priority, I would rank adding 8v2 to custom #1, map choosing #2, setting amount of gens needed per game as #3. For me these (#1 and #2 mostly, #3 would just be nice) are what I'd really like to see added.
What is high on their priority list? Not asking in a rude way, I'm genuinely curious as to what they're prioritizing right now.
The community chapter that comes out next and the graphical update they announced in the anniversary stream.