These perks need more attention in the forthcoming future
cross examination - after the nerf if the perk has impact on the losing killer, the linger might be removed entirely
made for this - the self protection creates scenarios of full invincibility with no counterplay simply for healing. Should be activated after at least 50 % of heal progress is healed.
we gonna live forever - revert the activation requirement: unhooks, protection hits
champion of light - the haste should be lowered to 25 % if left at all. This allowed me to lose killers mid chase so often that I was occused of cheating
lucky break - should activate with a window not immidiately, let's say 10s. Might have 5-10s duration buff to compensate
sprint burst - Make the exhausted 60s, decrease duration to 2.5s and speed bonus to 135 %
botany knowledge - decrease value to 33 %
conviction - should activate after full heal, not just finishing heal
built to last - should be one time use
dead hard - should work when dead on hook
delieverance - causes permanent broken so the self unhook is more of last option
dramaturgy - exhastion 60s
lend a hand - decrease permanent charges gained to 0.5, 1, 2
1-2-3-4 - make it only work on healing
bardic - decrease value to 0.5, 1, 1.5 the most problematic genrush perk
plot twist - remove recovery speed
parental guidance - decrease duration from 7s to 3s
resurgence - decrease healing progress off hook to 40 %
reassurance - should only work once per game per survivor same as shoulder the burden
smash hit - exhaustion 60s
unbreakable - give it some requirement
we'll make it - decrease duration to 30s so do no harm has more window to shine
Comments
...I'm genuinely curious now, you've pretty much made one of these each month or so basically saying these perks need nerfs, do you honestly believe these or just angry at them?
I do believe they need tweaks so more perks have room to breath. :)
How does the nerf to the tambourine perk forward that goal exactly?
I played all these perks and making 1-2-3-4 less of genrush scavenger combo and more of autodidact combo would be fairer.
You can bring comodious toolbox with charges add ons, and fully refill your toolbox before you finish gen having multiple full toolboxes per game. Something not even built to last is capable of.
that's like 3 perks or so to get value from 1, 12 seconds of performing, 30 seconds of 50 percent reduction. All the while having nothing for chase.
There is nothing OP about it, it's a specialist build
You kno,w the reason why the balance is quiestionable is because both sides tend to run the best at all time.
Elan, Im going to do my best and be civil here so I implore you, I'm BEGGING here, please read what you've typed, both here and your original post.
For that whole scenario you need to search multiple boxes, play for 15 seconds, and hope the killer doesn't chase you or you have another survivor nearby or it's basically wasted effort. That's the generous version I have for you. These nerfs you want... they're not good mate, let alone not needed. And putting everything into the dirt doesn't help your supposed cause, especially since I've only seen the tambourine and parental guidance in kyfs (not counting myself).
You are talking about Specialist, I'm talking about Scavenger.
Some of these I get where you're coming from, while a lot of these changes would effectively make these perks useless. I'll address the former first:
Made For This is definitely a strong perk in certain scenarios, but those certain scenarios are almost always recovering a teammate off the ground, usually from 95%. I'd be concerned about Made For This still being viable, but it could work fine. I've been a WGLF fan even before the change to a cooldown, so I would honestly be okay with this, although I think it's just a bit clunky to use so maybe just doubling the cooldown or something else might work as well.
Sprint Burst absolutely needs a nerf, but I'm not sure it needs that kind of nerf to all 3 categories. I think you could just nerf it to 2.5 or even 2 seconds and leave it at that, or reduce the haste and leave it there. If you nerf all aspects it loses it's standardization with other exhaustion perks (becoming confusing) and people I think it would honestly be weak at that point.
Botany Knowledge I get, that was the old value. I definitely don't think Botany needs a nerf in any way but I get it.
I understand the Conviction change, I might be concerned with the clunkiness of hopping on a coop heal and getting 90% progress yet not being able to use your perk, but maybe it could just be changed to activate when you've done something like 70% of a heal.
Built to Last is already kind of a time waster after the first and especially second use, I think it's fine as is.
Dead Hard does work when death hook?
Increasing exhaustion on Dramaturgy wouldn't really change it's strength and would make an indirect buff to Vigil (which somehow isn't on this list), so if you wanted to nerf it I don't think this is an effective way.
The most problematic genrush perk BY FAR is Hyperfocus, not just because of it's potency in genrush builds with Stake Out but also how broken it is on cheaters. Bardic Inspiration I don't really think needs a nerf, but if it was going to be nerfed I think it would need to be a lesser extent, as your suggestion would make it do almost nothing unless you land a 20.
Plot Twist - Honestly, sure.
Resurgence is definitely one of the strongest perks on the survivor side, and does need a nerf. However, I think using a perk slot for only 40% twice in a game (that isn't even guaranteed with hemorrhage is too little, I mean it was buffed from it's initial value of 50% for the same reason. I think a nerf back down to 50% would be fine, if a little weak. Reassurance is a great perk in that it only punishes killers who are doing the play style the perk is designed to combat, unlike something like DS (which can be used aggressively). I don't understand why we would want to nerf a perk that only punishes killers who are camping and tunneling as the perk intended, as soon as the killer sees the Reassurance (another great thing about the perk) they should give up on camping or tunneling the survivor.
I'm noticing a pattern with Smash Hit, obviously you hate exhaustion perks, fair. It makes me wonder why Lithe isn't on this list and Smash Hit is instead. The reason the exhaustion got changed to 20s from 40s in the first place was because it was a trash perk, even now it's one of if not the worst exhaustion perk due to it's activation condition sometimes being difficult or impossible depending on the killer. I'm not really sure why we would want to target this perk.
Although I don't think We'll Make It is OP by any means, I can get behind a duration decrease. However I think 30s might be too much, I've seen 60s a lot from people and I think that's a good place to start.
Now here are the ones I literally don't get:
Cross-examination - it's already weak as hell not working in chase, the only uses it has are trailing the killer for a save and if you have a really really large tile you can lose the killer since you're not in chase, but that scenario is niche and it isn't worth nerfing for. Your change would make an already really weak perk borderline useless.
Champion of Light - first of all, the hindered is already 20%, so 25% would actually be higher than it currently is, which makes me think you have an inflated idea of how much the perk hinders you. second of all, if you removed the hinder entirely the perk would be pretty much useless. At that point why bother putting on this perk at all when you could just not blind the killer and achieve the same distance.
Lucky Break - honestly should've included this in my other comment, because I get why it should be changed. But honestly this particular way of changing it would basically remove all functionality, as in 10s the killer has time to catch up, and because Lucky Break doesn't reduce your grunts of pain, you would have to also run Iron Will for even the potential to get value by running away, but even then the killer is probably close enough to you that it would be extremely difficult to sneak away.
Deliverance - definitely a perk that needs to be nerfed, but permanent broken status??? Every other perk in the game that gives a permanent broken status is an absolute trash perk. In this case, the only time this perk would be useful is when it's the most problematic, aka getting a free escape in end game! Otherwise it's completely useless
Lend a Hand - it's already not a crazy strong perk, as you need to cleanse 1 totem (14 seconds just to cleanse it, not including time to find / get to one) for every survivor you want to apply it to, and in a lot of cases it only is useful to that survivor once or twice. Nerfing it like this would make it completely useless.
Tammy Time is already just a meme perk people run for laughs, it's not at all good. It's even worse than Bardic Inspiration, yet you want to nerf it even harder. Again, this would be completely useless, and it already is super weak.
Parental Guidance - already a very weak perk as is, the only time it is even remotely useful is with Smash Hit, and you want to nerf both. Even with this nerf alone, even with Smash Hit it would be worthless, and again, the activation condition is extremely hard to hit on a lot of killers or players already.
Should have honestly put Reassurance here and put Unbreakable in the previous post. I understand the want to have Unbreakable have some kind of condition, or be nerfed in some way. Still can't fathom why Reassurance would need a nerf.
Cross examination - I'm more for rework tbh. Light marks seem like interesting new mechanic that should work in better way rather than ratting around.
Champion of light - not the hinderance but the haste.
Lucky break is simply unhealthy perk that luckily isn't very popular because certain killers will bypass it same like with old cross examination - aka doctor, plague, nemesis, Oni…
Deliverance - that would force you to make decision whether you need to unhook yourself for price of stay broken or wait alos shouldnt work in endgame at all.
Lend a hand - is actually one of most overpowered perks added ever. You can pop it on boon build and cut off 4s of everyone's heal, meaning that for the entire game max heal needed is 12s base, not even speaking of someone has healing perks. As one time use it was reasonable but boosting heal speed and recovery speed is not a good way.
1-2-3-4 is defienetly not worse than bardic. Bardic can give you no skillchecks for half of the gen, TT gives you skillchecks every 2s. Try to combine comodious toolbox and scavenger and you will see how busted this perk is. I was doing gens so quickly that I stopped running it how unfair it was.
Parental guidance is slept on since it last nerf (was 10s), it works on every stun - ds, head on and so on. Don't underate it's power. Running it with bite the bullet and we are in same lucky break, cross examination or champion of light scenario where killer simply can't keep up with you in chase with no real counterplay.
Reassurance shouldve been reworked since anticamp changes.
Fair about specialist scavenger mix-up but the point remains similar. Time with music then burn a toolbox then hope you get those skill checks (while slightly migated by the music is still RNG) then you burn your box again at penalty or do the gen normally at penalty for 30 seconds. This is all the while hoping the killer doesn't find you, hit you with regression, blockage, etc during all that. Others are much more consistent with less risks of time sinking.