One small buff to make killer feel so much smoother

legit just increase the pick up, drop, and hooking speed by a bit. I’m a forever entwined enjoyer and I’m telling you even with 2 to 3 stacks feels so nice providing a slightly better chance and flashlight/pallet saves while still having them be possible, and also letting you get back into the action much quicker. you could probably increase the carrying speed by a smige as well, maybe like 5% or 8% and I don’t think there would be any complaints for the most part. But yeah, that’s really all I wanted to say. Just increase pick up, hooking, and dropping speeds by 8% or 12% and it will make all the difference.

Comments

  • It would be nice, but would cripple flashlights. Im not a fan of removing side objectives for survivors that slow down gen speed.

  • @Angy_Quentin said:

    It would be nice, but would cripple flashlights. Im not a fan of removing side objectives for survivors that slow down gen speed.

    At 12% maybe but at 8% or lower I don’t think it would be a problem. And even if it is, they could increase the window for flashlight saves a bit just to even it out but I do understand how that could possibly introduce more problems

  • @TheGoon224 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4099403#Comment_4099403

    At 12% maybe but at 8% or lower I don’t think it would be a problem. And even if it is, they could increase the window for flashlight saves a bit just to even it out but I do understand how that could possibly introduce more problems

    I personally think it would reduce the number of people putting up with flashlights. I don't think it's the best idea that's all.

  • People would stop using flashlights AND sabo builds, which are very rare anyway.
    I think it's a bad idea overall.

    You've got perks, use them.

  • There's a reason it's a perk.

  • Personally I totally agree, I actually had an idea a while back to make an action speed category for killers along with height and terror radius, where you give a lot of action speed bonuses to the weaker killers. I think pickup speeds would either not work or timings for saves would need to be adjusted, but drop, carry, hook, and even things like breaking wall speed increases would just make for a faster, smoother experience

  • Would it feel better for killers? Yes.

    Would it mess with muscle memory for survivors going for a flashlight save? Also yes. After 10 years, you can't really expect people to get used to a new timing on that part.

    I don't think the pick up speed should be changed. The hooking animation could be a little faster though.

  • @TheGoon224 said:

    legit just increase the pick up, drop, and hooking speed by a bit. I’m a forever entwined enjoyer and I’m telling you even with 2 to 3 stacks feels so nice providing a slightly better chance and flashlight/pallet saves while still having them be possible, and also letting you get back into the action much quicker. you could probably increase the carrying speed by a smige as well, maybe like 5% or 8% and I don’t think there would be any complaints for the most part. But yeah, that’s really all I wanted to say. Just increase pick up, hooking, and dropping speeds by 8% or 12% and it will make all the difference.

    Agitation and forever entwined would feel awesome.

  • If they delete flashlights and buff medkits and toolboxes sure.