Pinhead. Do you own him?
I can imagine there's plenty of players who would like to get the opportunity to play this unique Killer...myself included. It's obviously not worth purchasing with the absurd prices and potentially getting banned for third party keys.
Do you own him? And if so how often do you play him and can he keep up with the games pace these days?
Comments
I own him. He falls into the category of "requires much skill with medium payoff".
I like him, but his chains need a rework. I've always thought a timeframe of ~0.5-1 second for his chains to break, kinda like a much shorter deathslinger chain, would work wonders for his pickrate.
I also own him. I agree w/ quentin - requires LOTS of skill for small-medium rewards
I own him, Played him a decent bit. Struggled massively. He's definitely a pub stomper where people either spend forever only doing the box or don't do it at all. If you get a single chain storm vs soloqueue you'll have a good chance of winning, otherwise you'll struggle unless theyre not touching gens. He gets a small reward for a high skill floor ability and still has to spend the time going round when they can break it on terrain.
Definitely worth playing, hes fun. But not strong.
I used to be pretty decent with him. His m2 is like placing a nurse blink, and then from that nurse blink point, you fire a projectile thats as hard to control as hillbillies shainsaw dash. So the easiest way to guarantee hits with chains is to place the portals right ontop of the survivor then fire, but thats not always easy to do. He can still win these days. But every miss is a major slowdown in chase. If you are constantly hitting with chains you usualy end up doing pretty well.
Owned him since he came out.
Pinhead was always more of a solq stomper because of how the box worked. A lot of survivors struggle to coordinate in general and the box just made it a lot worse for them.
His chase is fine, albeit a bit underwhelming for the effort put in. It's basically Nurse, with 2 extra steps.
Nurse immediately geslts a hit when blinking on a survivor, while Pinhead only chains them. These chains can be broken manually or by the environment. This includes Pinhead himself. After chaining a survivor, Pinhead has to catch up in time (as he stands completely still while using possessed chain) to get a hit.
It's a fun and, compared to Nurse, rewarding power. It requires both skill with the power as well as general skill as an m1 - killer.
The box, meanwhile, is his biggest strength, as their is a logic to where is spawns. Chain hunt, the even that happens when Pinhead finds the box himself or the survivors ignore it for too long, basically stops any progress, so it's not something that can be ignored. In addition to the finding the box - mini game, Pinhead can also get the box when a survivor already found it. The solving - action has to be interrupted and the survivor downed for Pinhead to reclaim it and start another chain hunt.
Overall a really fun but demanding killer. I really enjoy playing him for the strategic part of his kit.
I own him, I played him a lot when he came out. Now I rarely use him, I think he just became incredibly outdated. His add-ons aren't particularly interesting, the pay-off for actually grabbing his box being 10s of guaranteed chainhunt is laughable, his chase power is weird and you have to be mindful how and when you want to use it.
Definitely still a decent killer, but why would you play him when you can get the same or better results with Blight for half of the effort.
he's ok and has some great synergies but definitely an overrated killer based on his performance against uncoordinated and unaware survivors. Struggles immensely against coordinated teams. Some games even hitting every chain doesn't matter and all your power is worth is forcing one person to grab the box once in a while. Basically trapless Trapper with free respawning hexes.
With the plethora of healing perks, aura perks, stealth perks and Finesse it can be tough to generate or maintain pressure as a glorified Clown.
that doesn't sound very inspiring but I like m1 killers as a self identified Legion main so just having the Box to force somebody to do something for 15 seconds is nice in my books. It won't matter most of the match, but there'll be times a survivor has to give up on a save or finishing a generator in order to deal with it. So if you can find a way to finally overwhelm the survivors, you can make it harder for them to ever recover
I own him, and I can wholeheartedly say that he is a very high skill ceiling killer.
You got to put in some serious practice with those chains to use them effectvely, or else you pretty much end up being like a trapless Trapper.
I own him and haven't played him a single time in the last 2 years.
I have him and I play him from time to time. Your job is to prevent the box from being solved by survivors. He is a good noob stomper but against competent team you're gonna struggle especially if they take the box out of the trial.