What do you guys think of wraith at their current state right now?
I played some games as wraith recently and realized that his gameplay is kinda cannon fodder in most cases I've been in I don't know if I'm playing him wrong or something but it feels like there is many ways to counter him even making it so he loses loops when the survivor can just spam slow vault on loops so you can't break it or body block
Tagged:
Killers
Comments
There's a few ways to play wraith. He is one of those older killers who's suffered badly from powercreep.
Standard stealth. Coxcomb clapper is great for ambush plays, pairs well with undetectable perks and his aura reading survs while cloaked add on. Survs usually expect an undetecatable wraith to be cloaked so pre uncloaking and while using something like trail of torment is solid.
He has good pallet break builds for applying pressure in chase. Hubris, spirit fury and enduring is a strong play with him as being stunned uncloaks you if I remember correctly. His brown addon that uncloaks him on pallet break combo's very well with the addon for breaking stuff super quick while cloaked and much as I hate to point anyone in this direction, turn back the cloak + uncloak on damage add on (serpent soot i think) instantly uncloaks him if he damages a gen using tbtc.
Another interesting build I like to muck around with is anti heal builds, coulraphobia and the addon for keeping his terror radius while cloaked is fun for harrassing injured survs.
He is normal andy. The ultimate M1 killer. He's good in the hands of a good player, but requires good killer base knowledge and map knowledge to be able to work at all.
Try turn back the clock on him, it's great!
Low skill floor, middling skill ceiling, but denies you any real crutch. You have to win the chase the old fashioned way. He's very well balanced, but gets harder to play the higher up MMR you go. That said, he can still compete, you just have to make the right decisions or be very efficient in M1 chase.
I really like him, both to play and go against.
He does really well with basic attack and basic break perks too, making him very versatile. I like playing shadow dance/brutal (or fire up), plus uncloak speed. The other three perks vary but quite often it's Agi + thrilling tremors + iron grasp. I secure the down, clearing pallets as I go, then use intel from thrilling to decide where I'm going to hook. You're basically always in chase.