What do you want most for DBD’s future? (Changes, additions, removals)
I’ve been thinking a lot about what keeps Dead by Daylight fun long-term, and I’m curious what other players care about most.
If you could pick one thing you most want to see for the game’s future, what would it be? (Just listing a few ideas below but it can be anything that’s on your mind. Good or Bad)
- A change (reworks, balance, matchmaking, QoL, etc.)
- An addition (new modes, features, systems, social tools, etc.)
- A removal (things you think actively hurt the game)
I’d love to hear different perspectives, whether you mainly play killer, survivor, or both. What’s your number one “please, Behaviour, do this” request, and why?
Comments
The recode they are talking about I feel is going to impact how the games networking is handled the most, how the game feels at least I really hope so. It's my biggest gripe with this game above all else, hits are so jank, latency is so easy to abuse.
Honestly most of my gripes come from the games code over the years and I'm confident and hopeful they can fix and polish the game to where it deserves to be.
Map changes (especially Gideon Meat plant), Skull Merchant rework (announced for 2 years already), and nerfs to toolboxes
A Twilight DLC
The number one thing i personally want to see is bhvr buffing perks that nobody uses for both sides. Do yall even remember that small game, visionary, clean break, undone, or human greed even exist? Now i dont want bhvr to buff these perks into super meta perks but i want bhvr to give them buffs enough so that people will actually start using them again like what they did with the all kill comeback chapter
A lot more additions to unique mechanics and reworking worse perks into them.
→ Scourge Hooks
→ Remote perks like "Turn Back The Clock"
→ Compromised perks
→ Boons
→ Invocations
→ Teamwork
→ Light marks
I'll use your three bullet points. By no means exhaustive but just one for each:
server side validation and proper cheat protection.
But that's basically a pipe dream and not realistic.
Well i guess ill start with
Before moving on to PTB or patch notes, I’d like the staff in the departments responsible for game balance—if not everyone, then at least those directly involved—to play five games each as both Survivors and Killers.
Wouldn’t someone have noticed if even one person had played as Chucky—who can’t interact with warp portals during the event and can’t play properly—or as Region, who gets hit with poison while her ability is active? How on earth did an unbalanced event like this Banquet event—one that builds up frustration on both sides—end up being held?
Also, please address the balance adjustments that clearly only took one side’s feedback into account—such as Survivors being able to carry food even after Dessert Time starts, while Killers have their poison taken away; or Region being nerfed without any mention in the patch notes, yet Survivors’ Unbreakable Pallets, item-granting Warp Portals, and Instant Beer continue to be allowed.