Did the management actually playtest the banquet event?(especially the Unbreakable Palette)
You encounter countless elements that seem to have been implemented on a whim—such as survivors suddenly healing mid-chase, or pallets that the Killer cannot destroy but only survivors can vault over. There are even warp holes that certain Killers cannot pass through unless they activate their special abilities.
To top it all off, passing near these "unbreakable" pallets causes the game to stutter so severely that a proper chase becomes impossible. I’m supposed to be living in 2026, yet in those moments, the experience is so abysmal it feels like playing a game from over a decade ago. Setting game balance aside, I really wish they had at least fixed the bugs affecting both sides before launching the event.
Comments
it is hard to believe in general that anyone making high-level decisions for this game is regularly playing public matches under normal conditions, based on the changes often made
I honestly don't know what BHVR was thinking with this event. It's horrible to play as a killer and wonderful to play as a survivor. The unbreakable pallets is especially heinous as you pointed out. I mean being able to perm lock a killer behind 2 pallets on Midwich is just an awful oversight. Same thing with Badham pallets. I mean if their unbreakable you literally just have to drop the chase. They also added an UNGODLY amount of pallets into the event mode with an untold amount of God pallets spawning. Yes, the poison is "strong" when used properly but it's also just insanely boring to interact with from both sides. As a survivor it feels bad to get punished for looping properly and keeping distance. As a killer it's completely unsatisfying to get a free hit that you didn't deserve.
I really hope this event either gets heavily reworked for next years anni or we just don't see it return and get a completely different and better event. If this is what we have to look forward to each anni I would will be sad. Anni time is suppose to be the most fun you can have in the game with an insane amount of BP but this year it's just miserable. I find myself not wanting to queue at all. For the event or for 1v4. This anni has completely drained my fun and excitement to play this game.
Too busy with the wife, the kids and having a life. Unlike me...
BHVR hasn't really shown over the years that they really play their own game. They likely hop in on a dev enviroment to test the stuff they worked on between the devs just to make sure it works as intended, but they clearly do not consider edge cases. Plus the devs in recent years have really shown their bias towards survivor so it's hard to imagine that the devs really consider issues of the killer side when they do development.
Also there is the consultant program that from what I've heard they do not really utilize in any meaningful way.