Tricksters Delusion

I don't wanna make it to long so to shorten it up. Dear Devs, when will you admit that Tricksters Delustion is a piece of ######### of a map? So please be so kind and delete it, bc its so boring to play. And btw to tell anyone that it was a bug with the cakes in the event but than admit on a CC Discord that it was planned like that is the best move a developer can make, so congrats on that.

Comments

  • I really loved this map at first until I really got to play it a bit on multiple killers. It is genuinely Ormond Resort 2.0, like the original Ormond. The wiki doesn't show the exact square-tile size of the map yet, but its gotta be close to 200 square tiles, because it feels like by far the largest map in the game. Genuinely, standing at the furthest generator on edgemap and looking at the furthest generator away on the other side of the map its like 10 pixels on my screen. How is any killer other than Jason or Ghoul supposed to get a 4K here against semi-competent survivors that don't group up? I have never felt like I held my W key for 40 seconds straight without having a chance to hit a survivor with my chains as Pinhead or a hatchet as Huntress until I played this map. There are far too many safe indoor areas to juke killers for a map so massive.

    Oh, and not to mention, its boring on survivor because its nothing but god-pallets that cut off entire alleyways, or windows that chain into another window 10 meters away. So 90% of survivor gameplay is just also holding W with the occasional spacebar press. And the map, as ginormous as it is, doesn't have a SINGLE great height to use perks like Balanced Landing, Boil Over, or All-Shaking Thunder. This is the second map in a row they've added to the game that doesn't have a great height (Walking Dead map). Its like while making this map they forgot these perks existed and that not every killer can fly/teleport.

    Kudos to the visual design team tho, by far the best looking map we've gotten. They seriously need to rebalance it though, its too large and too flat.

  • A lot of the busted loops in the map are in the the top right quadrant of the map aka the alleyways. Stay around the nightclub and the market and the map genuinely isn't that bad especially considering the 3 gen is almost always in the market so you wanna be there anyway.

  • Only possitive thing about the whole map is how it looks and thats it.
    The map is terrible for many killers and for survivor the main way how to play it is to prerun and hold W because there are few strong windows but many pallets alone are unsafe but they are connected to the windows or few good pallets creating the hold W set up.

    Terrible map espicialy on ranged killers without good mobility or stealth (the ones like jason or springtrap work there fine).

  • @Cornil said:

    I really loved this map at first until I really got to play it a bit on multiple killers. It is genuinely Ormond Resort 2.0, like the original Ormond. The wiki doesn't show the exact square-tile size of the map yet, but its gotta be close to 200 square tiles, because it feels like by far the largest map in the game. Genuinely, standing at the furthest generator on edgemap and looking at the furthest generator away on the other side of the map its like 10 pixels on my screen. How is any killer other than Jason or Ghoul supposed to get a 4K here against semi-competent survivors that don't group up? I have never felt like I held my W key for 40 seconds straight without having a chance to hit a survivor with my chains as Pinhead or a hatchet as Huntress until I played this map. There are far too many safe indoor areas to juke killers for a map so massive.

    Oh, and not to mention, its boring on survivor because its nothing but god-pallets that cut off entire alleyways, or windows that chain into another window 10 meters away. So 90% of survivor gameplay is just also holding W with the occasional spacebar press. And the map, as ginormous as it is, doesn't have a SINGLE great height to use perks like Balanced Landing, Boil Over, or All-Shaking Thunder. This is the second map in a row they've added to the game that doesn't have a great height (Walking Dead map). Its like while making this map they forgot these perks existed and that not every killer can fly/teleport.

    Kudos to the visual design team tho, by far the best looking map we've gotten. They seriously need to rebalance it though, its too large and too flat.

    The map is really not that big. The pure size of it is on the average size, if I remember correctly they said that it is around the same size as Dead Dawg Saloon, which is not considered a huge map. But the map appears bigger, because there is no direct connection from one side to the other, which is something other maps usually feature. Even a pure Indoor Map like Lerys has an option to traverse it in a straight line from one side to the other, Tricksters Delusion does not allow that, which makes the map look bigger already.

    I would also not say that the map is really safe. Aside from very few God Pallets, the Map does not really offer much for Survivor. Most Pallets are extremely bad and if people really struggle with those, I have to imagine they kick way too many of those unsafe Pallets. I can win on it with Killers who are around B- and C-Tier (my last match on it was with Nemesis), so I have to assume others will win on it as well even if they dont play Ghoul or Jason.

    But yeah, the map is overall miserable and I said it from the start that it might end up being one of the most hated maps for both sides after the honeymoon phase is over, where people were excited that it was such a good-looking map. In the end it is a glorified Indoor Map, it does not play different than one and while some Killers really play very well on it, most dont. And meanwhile the Survivor gameplay is also pretty boring and there is not much to work with.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4100796#Comment_4100796

    The map is really not that big. The pure size of it is on the average size, if I remember correctly they said that it is around the same size as Dead Dawg Saloon, which is not considered a huge map. But the map appears bigger, because there is no direct connection from one side to the other, which is something other maps usually feature. Even a pure Indoor Map like Lerys has an option to traverse it in a straight line from one side to the other, Tricksters Delusion does not allow that, which makes the map look bigger already.

    I would also not say that the map is really safe. Aside from very few God Pallets, the Map does not really offer much for Survivor. Most Pallets are extremely bad and if people really struggle with those, I have to imagine they kick way too many of those unsafe Pallets. I can win on it with Killers who are around B- and C-Tier (my last match on it was with Nemesis), so I have to assume others will win on it as well even if they dont play Ghoul or Jason.

    But yeah, the map is overall miserable and I said it from the start that it might end up being one of the most hated maps for both sides after the honeymoon phase is over, where people were excited that it was such a good-looking map. In the end it is a glorified Indoor Map, it does not play different than one and while some Killers really play very well on it, most dont. And meanwhile the Survivor gameplay is also pretty boring and there is not much to work with.

    I play pinhead and have yet to win on the map. Or even get close. It’s usually a guaranteed 4-man out with at most 4 hooks because the gens fly like crazy. The map is nowhere as small as dead dawg saloon, I refuse to believe that. It’s got at least twice the pallet count of dead dawg too, since half of that map is just dead zones to hide in. It’s part of why the map is a nightmare as survivor against Jason, there’s 500 places for him to teleport to even in the middle of the Main Street. Every Jason I’ve lost to on Trickster’s delusion just teleports to the recently unhooked survivor and hits them and the saving survivor with a spear from like 20 meters away down an alley, rinse and repeat until someone is tunneled out. It’s not a very engaging map against the killers that have enough mobility to win, and it’s awful playing as anyone outside of the top 3 best killers on it.

  • Looks-wise, it’s one of the best maps.
    playability-wise? Awful. Genuinely the worst map in the game regardless of side. Put it this way, I’m a pretty decent Dredge main and I got ONE hook on that map in a match the other day. Survivors were a a P100 bully squad, mind you, but the map certainly didn’t help.


    It desperately needs RPD treatment and split into two maps.