The main event is both balanced and unbalanced.
I'm new to the forums and created an account just to give feedback on the mode. I've been playing for almost 10,000 hours.
A big problem with the main event is that it's balanced around specific Killers. Some Killers thrive with poison in their arsenal, while others struggle even with poison because they're often on foot. And for those who just walk (like Trapper, Wraith and etc.) no chance against survivors with several advantages (depending on the randomness of the situation) when they can't break pallets, and poison won't help because I, as a survivor, can simply stand and jump on a single pallet until the timer runs out. The killers might abandon me in that case, but they'll face the same problem with another survivor, since the killer can't break every pallet on the map. And the worst part is, survivors can even restore them. In this case, the killers are simply leaving the game, and they can't be blamed for this, since the event mode clearly wasn't designed for the specific killers they played. And apparently, they won't return to the event mode.
And about that all survivors are healed at once, should only work once per game. Because the end result is that survivors use their second chance multiple times. But a second chance is just that, a second, not many! Survivors already have cakes that offer some good opportunities (like portal, invisible that work better than Wraith and etc.).
And defending tables with generators instead of chasing is very stifling (it about playing as any killer), and the game can drag on for up to half an hour.
I'm glad the developers made this mode a separate one, but I'm currently seeing the following problem:
In my region, the wait time for a killer in normal mode is many times longer than in the event mode. Which means that there are more killer players in normal mode than in event mode. Honestly, it's very sad.
The 10th anniversary itself is good; the stream went well, we were given a lot of surprising information, and many in-game gifts. But unfortunately, nothing good can be said about event mode, and I hope that when this mode returns in a year, the developers will test it several times on all killers before releasing it and take appropriate measures.
Comments