Lukewarm Take: All killers should be Jason’s strength or slightly below

All killers should be safe side of strong, with high skill ceiling killers peaking out at around S- and low skill ceiling killers shouldn’t fall below B- to B and peak out around A-

NO killers should be S, S+ or below C+ bear minimum.

Nerf nurse for the love of god, someone dethrone her🙏. Do a pass on all the bottom of the barrel characters like ghostface, doctor, and trapper (seriously how does trapper still not spawn with all his traps) get a little crazy with it, shake sh** up, something!

Then we can finally get to addressing map issues, resource spawn rates, perks, and item balancing; which In theory would be so much easier to balance now that all the killers are on similar playing fields and a lot of the edge cases are gone. Like how many perks are there that can’t be made viable just because of nurses existence? Too many.

And naturally if all the weaker killers get their buffs then survivors can get all their dogwater perks buffed into relevance and survivors don’t feel forced in bringing the same builds over and over again. If more killers are stronger that means more variety and less scenarios where you ‘have’ to bring urban evasion just because everyone is playing Jason.

Anyway there’s my take.


Buff Pebble

Tagged: Killers

Comments

  • I agree with this, I do think he needs some smaller tweaks but overall I think when he has had some stuff changed like Omnipresent Evil and Deputy's badge working on already regressing gens

    I do think killers should be up there with him and Wesker, Wesker is one of my favourite killers to face.

    I also agree to change Nurse lol

    I personally think Krasue could have her head form buffed but her spit spammability nerfed and the auto aim removed.

    Scratching the surface I think the game could recieve a lot of good changes especially when the game finally gets rid of the code issues it's faced with the new version.

  • Except basekit buffs for killers and perk buffs for survivors aren't comparable. The grind is real for new players, it can take some time for people to buy and unlock perks. If perks are necessary in order to combat stronger killers then it risks negatively affecting player retention.

  • I can certainly agree that every killer should be closer in strength but I would put that line lower than Jason, maybe around Lich. I think Jason, while not nurse or blight level, is much stronger than people are giving him credit for. What balancing around Lich would mean exactly for survivor perks and gen speeds is a good question but would likely allow you to nerf many of the strongest things available on the survivor side and maybe increase gen times.

    Where exactly you draw that line is fundamentally a question about how fast you think a match should be but the faster it is the less beginner friendly the game becomes, forcing max level efficiency from all sides is a big part of why DbD is so frustrating to so many right now. If every killer was Jason level it would need to be even faster than it currently is and would likely mean decreases to gen times and potentially buffs to survivor perks.

  • While I agree that overall, the strength of the killer roster should be brought into a tighter range so that we don't have killers that are extreme outliers (either way too powerful or way too underpowered), quite frankly if Jason became the benchmark for how strong all killers were, I think every person I know who plays survivor would quit the game on the spot.

    Jason is, in my opinion, not a good benchmark for the ideal strength of a killer. Or the ideal design for a killers kit. His add on's are basically a fifth perk slot, his counterplay is boring, his abilities have no time limit or significant cooldown, he can reload too fast and too frequently and his abilities fundamentally devalue survivor perks that work on every single other killer on the roster.

    I do think that there needs to be some evening out of killer power levels, some killers need to be buffed a little, some need to be nerfed a little, but by no means is Jason the balanced midpoint.

  • I guess I don't really care what strength BHVR picks for killers, but if they could be balanced with each other than survivors could be balanced against that to get the desired overall balance (which I think should be 50 / 50 win rate, not 60 40)