The Event is just a Bully Soup and literally called a gamemode

What is this gamemode. Like they gave survivors 30 different Ways to bully the killer (i dont mean literally. Its a exaggeration)

Unbreakable Pallets, Invisibility, invincibility, mini Sprint Burst, a map wide heals. And all the killer gets is Dollar Tree brand Clown Poison bottles that do nothing to provent survivors from doing those things.

My Head hurts just trying to get a single down or pressure. This has to be the worst event in the game by Fare.

This game mode is not fun at all for Killer. And this was the 10 Anniversary and It was a complete failure.

I dont think im the only one who thinks this way

Comments

  • You are not the only one, but yet you think it is important to open another Thread about it instead of using one of the 33 already existing ones.

    I dont think it is as bad as people claim it to be. Certainly not a time where you want to prestige your Trapper, but I dont see much of a difference in the Killers I face and the queuetimes for Survivor in the mode are also only a bit longer compared to the regular queue (20 seconds instead of instant).

    The good thing is that Killers dont need to play this mode if they dont want to. And this is what Killers said during the past Anniversaries which were killer-sided. This time they made it more survivor-sided, but it is not like Killers cannot perform. And it is not like they get less exciting abilities than before, the poison is equally as boring as Remote Pallet Breaks for example. The only difference is that now Survivors have actual good abilities.

    And to be fair, with Jason releasing, they could not really afford another killer-sided Anniversary Event. This would completely have killed the queuetimes.

    I am just wondering how long the "Dont be mad, it is only a gamemode, it is not supposed to be balanced"-squad will complain about the Anniversary Event being unbalanced, just not in the "right" way.

  • It is very survivor sided if survivors know how to take advantage of it. I'm fine with BHVR having an event game mode where each side has 2016 level op stuff again, as there are lot so fun things to do as survivor.

    But BHVR needs to give such tools to killer as well. Poison is not enough. Like if we poison a table with x amount of plates on it, we should get powers like map wide exposed for 60 seconds or instant hooking options. Let killers have interactive fun things they can do as well please.

  • @Skitten56 said:

    It is very survivor sided if survivors know how to take advantage of it. I'm fine with BHVR having an event game mode where each side has 2016 level op stuff again, as there are lot so fun things to do as survivor.

    But BHVR needs to give such tools to killer as well. Poison is not enough. Like if we poison a table with x amount of plates on it, we should get powers like map wide exposed for 60 seconds or instant hooking options. Let killers have interactive fun things they can do as well please.

    My guess is they were playing it safe killer side as it's probably the harder side to balance for the event, especially in the first iteration.

    I definitely expect more refined mechanics for both sides next year, at least it's simple but effective for them, I personally would love during the haste one if killer got the blighted serum from the halloween event. The pallet one could be the reduced pallet stun and the invis one could be undetectable.

  • How many more new posts do we need about the exact same topic? Like 98% of players agree that the event is ridiculously survivor-sided. More posts aren’t needed to convince people. The best thing you can do if you don’t like it is simply not play killer role in the event. Make the survivor queue times get up to ridiculous levels and BHVR will get the message that they screwed up (if they somehow haven’t gotten that message already).

  • This event just shows that they clearly need to start doing PTB for event modes.

  • I've been having disconnecting from server issues on my good games to make it even worse.

  • Yeah that's the point Devs want to cull killer numbers to fix queue times

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    You are not the only one, but yet you think it is important to open another Thread about it instead of using one of the 33 already existing ones.

    I dont think it is as bad as people claim it to be. Certainly not a time where you want to prestige your Trapper, but I dont see much of a difference in the Killers I face and the queuetimes for Survivor in the mode are also only a bit longer compared to the regular queue (20 seconds instead of instant).

    The good thing is that Killers dont need to play this mode if they dont want to. And this is what Killers said during the past Anniversaries which were killer-sided. This time they made it more survivor-sided, but it is not like Killers cannot perform. And it is not like they get less exciting abilities than before, the poison is equally as boring as Remote Pallet Breaks for example. The only difference is that now Survivors have actual good abilities.

    And to be fair, with Jason releasing, they could not really afford another killer-sided Anniversary Event. This would completely have killed the queuetimes.

    I am just wondering how long the "Dont be mad, it is only a gamemode, it is not supposed to be balanced"-squad will complain about the Anniversary Event being unbalanced, just not in the "right" way.

    Hey again :)

    I think your understating how strong the abilities survivors get are. Sure, i agree with most of your post. Especially it needing to be survivor sided+ if you don't enjoy it don't play.

    However, as I said (although wasn't on the forums for the past ones) to my friends, that they should improve survivor abilities for the past anniversary events. They were weaker (marginally imo, but that'd be a semantic argument) than killers but still around the same power level. I believed the killers were stronger because they were balancing for the 1v4 aspect rather than the 1v1 aspect of the powers, which makes some sense but all the "powers" from invitations were used in chase and heavily affected the 1v1.

    This year, they haven't attempted any semblance of balance. Survivors got some insanely broken abilities (multiple of them, on top of a teamwide heal) and killers get a watered down clown bottle. Its not weak, especially on certain killers, but its definitely not strong.

    I do believe that the complaints are valid, with especially the pressure on it being a 10th anniversary and the issue with the cakes being a double whammy to killers (they also affected survivors, and worse so) and they just didn't need it after 2v8. At least they didn't need it to be this unbalanced.

    But I do think the killers who don't enjoy it shouldn't play. queue times should reflect this, and then the message will be passed on to the next event. I personally enjoy most matches, but some get drawn out way too much due to instant health state recovery + speed bursts/ pallets.