Lightborn Perk Rework
We all know Lightborn is a comfort perk for killers but is a major frustration to survivors, like bringing a flashlight or Leon’s flashbang perk in just for it to have zero effect in gameplay and lose the items and such. This is why I brought in a reasonable balancing change suggestion.
The perk’s changed could include, but not limited to:
Lightborn:
Increased the time taken to be blinded by 0.5/1/1.5 seconds. (It takes about 1 second to blind a killer, this perk will add on so it’s about 1.5, 2 and 2.5s instead.)
Shortens total blind duration by 0.25/0.5/0.75 seconds.
Applied 40/50/60 seconds of overcharge to the survivor’s flashlight upon flash. (Overcharge basically renders the survivor’s flashlight unusable with the duration set)
Decreases blind hitbox size (basically flashlight accuracy) by 7.5/10/12.5%
Flashbangs will no longer cause you to drop survivors. (You still get blinded by them, but the total blind duration decrease also applies here)
These numbers can of course be adjusted and re-thought of to make it more balanced, but it would eliminate the boring gameplay loop of just ‘Survivor has flashlight? Flashlight useless.’ and bring more skill to the table for both sides.
Please let me know what you guys think!
Comments
Counter argument, light born is fine and iron grasp should make you immune to pallet saves
I actually really like a lot of the ideas you’ve got here, especially the parts that add more skill expression on both sides. At the same time, I kinda appreciate Lightborn being simple and reliable as it is now, since you’re already giving up a whole perk slot just to counter blinds.
If they ever rework it, I would want it to still feel like ‘I spent a whole perk slot on this, so blinds are reliably covered,’ while keeping some reward for good flashlight/flashbang plays.