Jason’s Omnipresent Power
Love the game and Jason is such a great addition but I experience a lot of Jason players using omnipresence power indefinitely to find people which leads to sometimes minutes long of essentially just paused gameplay as we have to keep moving to not be found. It’s a great power that I think is fun to play and play again but a lot of people are abusing it to where it is not fun as a survivor. Anyways to sum up, could a timer be added to the omnipresent power to limit the how long Jason stays in it?
TLDR - Jason’s omnipresent power is overpowered and needs a timer addition to limit abuse of it
Comments
I posted this in another thread of how I would change him to make him not grind the game to a halt
He most definetely should not to see survivors doing objectives while in OE.
Still I would also lower or even remove his haste after appearing he does not really even need it. He has ranged attack he does not need the speed as he is not just a M1 killer.
I would also give him a timer not sure of the time limit but if he stays in OE over that timer he will lose all information he could gain from it normally. This would be there to make camping harder and make him come out of power more and not just sit in it most of the time. The time limit would be something quite long like 30-60 seconds.
These would be the three nerfs I would do to his base power and with these he still would be totally fine and not really even that much weaker just better for gameplay wise so matches don't grind to a halt everytime he is in power.
Omnipresent evil is worse wraith cloak, and yet noone proposes limiting wraith's cloaked state with a time requirement.
If survivors decide to not do anything while Jason is in that state, it's on them. It's their choice. Touching a gen guarantees a chase with all killers in most cases, I don't get why Jason should be different in that regard.
Wraith is not invisible and uses normal pathing logic when cloaked. Jason can appear at loops (and even potential loops) with no visual of audio que that he is nearby (both of which wraith have)
they are not comparable hence why nobody with wanting to limit wraiths power. Also Wraith is a M1 killer and does not have a spear as part of kit.
The grass literally moves beneath his feet. His jumpscare ain't instant and you can hear pretty well a cue that comes from where has he appeared if he's close enough. He is far more limited so as to where can he appear at, with deadzones forcing him to appear quite far away from them.
The grass is only a counter on a select few maps, most maps it is easy enough to path around grass or there is not grass at all. (the trapper issue)
So outside of that he can move around inside OE until he decides to come out of power (eg survivors interacting with 3 gen or totems) vs wraith you can see him coming/ patrolling and have small little audio mumbles as hes moving around cloaked nearby. The bell ringing I think is most comparable to the jumpscare notification for Jason.