The Big Three: Maps (A piece of a "Comeback" for the original 7 characters)
So, I'm back on the Comeback train, and, to prolong Binding of Kin, I decided to go STRAIGHT for the base game! However, there are 15 Maps I had to change! This whole post is just a PIECE of the entire thing. I didn't wanna bloat the actual Comeback with 15 images of maps, especially since I got Perks and Add-Ons to go through.
Before I get started, I should mention, the maps may have some things in common with each other if they're in the same Realm. I'll describe it if important.
The MacMillan Estate
One thing interesting I've done to Mac Maps is added a railway! This railway is mostly going to be devoid of Pallets, but some might spawn, and they also have minecarts along them. It's a way to spice up the dead zones of Mac Maps.
Starting out with the classic, Coal Tower! I swapped Main and Shack around, while actually fattening up Main itself. Besides the new railway running from main to Shack, it's practically unchanged!
I lessened the "wings" of Groaning Storehouse. Like with Disturbed Ward, it can be VERY easy to 3-Gen yourself since it's two thin hallways connected to the main chunk of the map. I've also added a section of the map with Destroyed Storehouses below the main one, as well as added in the railway. Shack is also in a different spot. Instead of basically being smack dab in the center, it's off in the corner. In time out, of course!
Ironworks of Misery has had the main structure enlarged! It's double the size, has no staircase outside, and one of the vats has actually collapsed! Instead of forest, Ironworks is now MAINLY the Ironworks. The railway is surrounding it, Shack is to one side, the Watertower is to the other, it's more than just the focal point of the map. It IS the map.
Biggest issue with Suffocation Pit is 3 Genning and how daunting the middle of the map is for Killers. It's chained loops, no Killer wants to chase through that. I rectified it by having two areas where tiles can spawn surrounding the Watertower. Additionally, I changed the layout of the Pit itself so it's a little less agonizing for Killers (further helping tone down the 3 Genning problem).
Bringing back Shelter Woods! I talked more about it in the Tools of Torment Comeback Chapter I made. I still needed to put it here because, well, Adriana is paying rent! You know how hard it is to get an apartment in the Sleepless District!?
Autohaven Wreckers
Now for a tinge of green, it's time for the Wraith's place: Autohaven! I did something very unique for the map. I took the main building of Azarov's Resting Place and made it a tile that appears on all maps. It's a fairly weak main, at least, in comparison to a LOT of main structures in this game, so now, it's always there, showcasing Azarov's influence.
Speaking of Azarov, here's where he bit the dust! It NOW ACTUALLY HAS THE CAR CRUSHER WHERE HE WAS KILLED! THAT is his RESTING PLACE! Tangent aside, I've also removed the "dumbell" shape the map had so 3-Genning is limited. Also, Office is still here! It'll be all over the place, but here it is in its original place!
When it came to Blood Lodge, I had just one idea: Cover. The map is ungodly open, so the circle of cars now surrounding the SINGLE floored cabin was my way to remedy it. I even added in some extra lore! The Office is also here, always watching. Just make sure you don't trip on the bodies and bullet casings. It certainly lit up the night!
Gas Heaven is now on a road (as indicated by that dark grey bar)! I also shrunk the map a lot and added a lot of line of sight blockers. By doing this, Killers like Ghostface and Wraith can actually sneak up on people and Huntress and Dredge can actually get Lockers in reasonable positions instead of a massive vat of nothing in the center. And yes, I made EXTRA sure to keep the counter for all you RPers out there (do not attempt to tame the Jason, it won't work).
Wreckers' Yard is mainly unchanged, but I did add line of sight blockers around the shack and the Office is here too! Yeah, I'm a stickler for line of sight blockages. Helps sneaky Survivors and the sneakier Killer that is right behind them!
Like Ironworks of Misery, I fattened out the garage of Wretched Shop. It now can hold TWO cars! Woah! I also added the Office and some line of sight blockers both to block LOS, but to also prevent chaining powerful loops together. Also, might be a little late, but these maps are not to scale. I'm not a cartographer.
Coldwind Farms
Onto the "Oh God, It's DAYLIGHT!" maps, it's Coldwind! The corn is corn, it's line of sight blocking, but it should be noted, although I did not convey it on the maps because it's supposed to be random, there will be empty crop circles within the corn. Also, the Grave Site is the location of Max and Evelyn Thompson. Did The Hillbilly bury them out of remorse or respect?
I moved the Abbatoir itself a couple paces to the right and moved Shack up to the corner. Relatively speaking, it's mainly unchanged after that.
Torment "Crick" has gotten two silos! Instead of one downed silo and the greatest hallway of nothingness, it's two Silos as the hallway, with some rubble blocking line of sight. Shack is at one end, the edge of the map is at the other.
BARN! The Cowshed has gotten a makeover so now it ACTUALLY LOOKS LIKE HELD COWS AT ONE TIME, and there's some big hay bales to preventing chaining into Main from a different loop. Don't wanna give out free chains, you gotta work for em!
Rotten Fields I actually have a separate idea for. Although I plan for it to be a part of a different Comeback, well, I'm here, so I might as well change up one of the most boring maps in the game. On one half, it's Coldwind, on the other, it's the beauty of Texas! Yes, this now means Rotten Fields belongs to the Cannibal himself, Bubba "Leatherface" Sawyer! Now with added THINGS instead of just CORN!
I did some remodeling on the Thompson House! Place now has rooms that you'd probably want to enter instead of just a bunch of empty space like Garden of Joy Main. I also added Billy's room. Dude needs a place to sleep… even if he uses his parents bed. It's a lot comfier!
End
And that's it! The ACTUAL Comeback will appear either tomorrow or the day after… probably. Could get in a car accident or something. Anyway, once again, reason for the maps being in their own, separate post is because there's FIFTEEN OF THE THINGS! When I make a Comeback, I guarantee most of ya are here for the Killer and the Perks, not exactly the map, so I don't wanna bombard ya with 15 things you're gonna scroll past.















Comments
Ducky your feeding me with greatness. i love the amount of effort you throw in, and i read all the maps. amazing designs! what chapters do u have left btw
Well right now it's just the Base Game, with Binding of Kin looming overhead.
I do want to tackle SAW, Leatherface, Resident Evil, Sinister Grace, Doomed Course, Forged In Fire, and a bunch of paragraphs, but that'll be a while.