My DBD X TERRIFIER wishlist.

Literally just a list of Everything I want in the Terrifier chapter because I care far too much about this and my autism wont let me sleep until I do so. Here we go.

  1. Art needs to be as expressive as he is in the films, both physically and facially. Art’s personality is and sheer range of expressiveness is the most defining thing about him. I honestly that maybe they could even get David Howard Thorton to do Mocap for Art’s face idk but this is something that must be included in the chapter nonetheless, and I do hope that Jason’s really stiff animations were just a fluke and don’t affect the quality of Art.
  2. Art should have his Gun. This is probably the only weapon that Art consistently has in the majority of his movies, but this does not mean he should be ranged killer by any means. I’m not sure how they would implement his gun as a mechanic but I think having it as a last resort mechanic would be something both new and thematic.
  3. Brought this up in the previous section kinda but Art should not be a ranged killer primarily because it just doesn’t fit him unless you really want the gun to be his primary power, which would just not work since it’s only used as a last resort for him or just when he’s flat out pissed. The majority of this guy is films involved in torturing and killing people up close I just don’t think it fits them to be sniping people halfway across the map.
  4. I would genuinely be surprised if art didn’t have some of the goriest kills in the game. So all I gotta say is these kills gotta be absolutely sublime.
  5. The survivor for this chapter should without hesitation be Sienna Shaw. She has been the main character for 2 films now and has been traumatized and tortured by Art. She has the biggest connection with Art in the trilogy, It has to be Her.

Anyways, that’s kind of it. I just kinda wanted to vomit out all of my thoughts. I could go on about how i want him to use multiple weapons when it comes to his power, but I think I rambled on for long enough that and I just wanted to get my autism fueled thoughts out there. So yeah that’s about it.

Comments

  • @TheGoon224 said:

    Literally just a list of Everything I want in the Terrifier chapter because I care far too much about this and my autism wont let me sleep until I do so. Here we go.

    1. Art needs to be as expressive as he is in the films, both physically and facially. Art’s personality is and sheer range of expressiveness is the most defining thing about him. I honestly that maybe they could even get David Howard Thorton to do Mocap for Art’s face idk but this is something that must be included in the chapter nonetheless, and I do hope that Jason’s really stiff animations were just a fluke and don’t affect the quality of Art.
    2. Art should have his Gun. This is probably the only weapon that Art consistently has in the majority of his movies, but this does not mean he should be ranged killer by any means. I’m not sure how they would implement his gun as a mechanic but I think having it as a last resort mechanic would be something both new and thematic.
    3. Brought this up in the previous section kinda but Art should not be a ranged killer primarily because it just doesn’t fit him unless you really want the gun to be his primary power, which would just not work since it’s only used as a last resort for him or just when he’s flat out pissed. The majority of this guy is films involved in torturing and killing people up close I just don’t think it fits them to be sniping people halfway across the map.
    4. I would genuinely be surprised if art didn’t have some of the goriest kills in the game. So all I gotta say is these kills gotta be absolutely sublime.
    5. The survivor for this chapter should without hesitation be Sienna Shaw. She has been the main character for 2 films now and has been traumatized and tortured by Art. She has the biggest connection with Art in the trilogy, It has to be Her.

    Anyways, that’s kind of it. I just kinda wanted to vomit out all of my thoughts. I could go on about how i want him to use multiple weapons when it comes to his power, but I think I rambled on for long enough that and I just wanted to get my autism fueled thoughts out there. So yeah that’s about it.

    1000% agreed with pretty much all points here. Sienna is a must and would be a near perfect DBD survivor addition. Art also needs to be so well characterized that it feels like DHT is in the Trial with the Survs.

  • I would urge caution with making wishlists.

    We've been burnt before…

  • 1. David Howard Thorton has confirmed he unfortunately didn't do any Mocap or other work to realize Art in the fog, but did mention the DBD team has been painstakingly hard at work recreating his likeness and mannerisms for the character. We'll see how it goes since DBD is infamously rough with faces at times, but I have faith in the team to handle this.

    2. I agree. A clown suddenly packing heat is one of Arts most iconic and best bits. Even parodies of the character like Needles in Fear and Hunger 2 does it. In some form, this should included, even if it's just in the Mori or smt.

    3. I also agree. As someone whose two most anticipated characters were Springtrap and Jason, and who doesn't favor the design of ranged killers, I'd be a bit miffed if Art was added to the list. His personality is 100% an up in your face torturer, he can't be a distance killer.

    4. We've seen a lot more increased gore from the devs in recent years, I heard Art is going to the most brutal character in the game by far. Here's hoping they follow through on it.

    5. Yes, and for basically every reason you described.

    6. Can we get the Terrifier Horror House added from the movie? Even it's to a prexisting map, it would be sick to loop around it in the fog.

  • @ArkInk said:

    1. David Howard Thorton has confirmed he unfortunately didn't do any Mocap or other work to realize Art in the fog, but did mention the DBD team has been painstakingly hard at work recreating his likeness and mannerisms for the character. We'll see how it goes since DBD is infamously rough with faces at times, but I have faith in the team to handle this.

    2. I agree. A clown suddenly packing heat is one of Arts most iconic and best bits. Even parodies of the character like Needles in Fear and Hunger 2 does it. In some form, this should included, even if it's just in the Mori or smt.

    3. I also agree. As someone whose two most anticipated characters were Springtrap and Jason, and who doesn't favor the design of ranged killers, I'd be a bit miffed if Art was added to the list. His personality is 100% an up in your face torturer, he can't be a distance killer.

    4. We've seen a lot more increased gore from the devs in recent years, I heard Art is going to the most brutal character in the game by far. Here's hoping they follow through on it.

    5. Yes, and for basically every reason you described.

    6. Can we get the Terrifier Horror House added from the movie? Even it's to a prexisting map, it would be sick to loop around it in the fog.

    Regarding #6, as someone who went to HHN Hollywood and got to see "The Terrifier" haunted house in real life, it blew my mind and made me so giddy as not just a Terrifier fan but as a horror fan. Would be awesome to see it added to DBD in some capacity (outside of just the lobby).

  • Its just not going to be a real Terrifier chapter to me unless we get Sienna running about pallet stunning killers in her valkyrie costume, especially given BHVR have had enough 'out there' accessories to do the wings justice on this one.

  • @AliceNull said:

    Its just not going to be a real Terrifier chapter to me unless we get Sienna running about pallet stunning killers in her valkyrie costume, especially given BHVR have had enough 'out there' accessories to do the wings justice on this one.

    100% agreed, and IDC if it's anti-business and pro-consumer, make the Valkyrie Armor basekit so we can get a really gnarly and badass P6 outfit for her instead of her casual fit from T2. I'll buy every single Terrifier cosmetic BHVR (you already have my money in the form of Auric Cells), but having bloody armor for Sienna would make her the DBD Surv with by FAR the best prestige cosmetic in the game.

  • @ArkInk said:

    1. David Howard Thorton has confirmed he unfortunately didn't do any Mocap or other work to realize Art in the fog, but did mention the DBD team has been painstakingly hard at work recreating his likeness and mannerisms for the character. We'll see how it goes since DBD is infamously rough with faces at times, but I have faith in the team to handle this.

    2. I agree. A clown suddenly packing heat is one of Arts most iconic and best bits. Even parodies of the character like Needles in Fear and Hunger 2 does it. In some form, this should included, even if it's just in the Mori or smt.

    3. I also agree. As someone whose two most anticipated characters were Springtrap and Jason, and who doesn't favor the design of ranged killers, I'd be a bit miffed if Art was added to the list. His personality is 100% an up in your face torturer, he can't be a distance killer.

    4. We've seen a lot more increased gore from the devs in recent years, I heard Art is going to the most brutal character in the game by far. Here's hoping they follow through on it.

    5. Yes, and for basically every reason you described.

    6. Can we get the Terrifier Horror House added from the movie? Even it's to a prexisting map, it would be sick to loop around it in the fog.

    man sucks to hear bhvr didnt Mocap David Howard Thorton… wonder if it was a schedule issue or if bhvrs internal system cant handle mocap to that degree

  • @XDgamer018 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4110190#Comment_4110190

    man sucks to hear bhvr didnt Mocap David Howard Thorton… wonder if it was a schedule issue or if bhvrs internal system cant handle mocap to that degree

    IIRC, they have never used mocap ever and only recently are using facial scans for textures (Rick, Michonne, etc), it sucks that they didn't break their own rules for DHT but I trust Leone when he said he is blown away by the way they've depicted DHT's physicality as Art in early progress updates.

  • @Mikeadatrix said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4110190#Comment_4110190

    Regarding #6, as someone who went to HHN Hollywood and got to see "The Terrifier" haunted house in real life, it blew my mind and made me so giddy as not just a Terrifier fan but as a horror fan. Would be awesome to see it added to DBD in some capacity (outside of just the lobby).

    Exact same boat lmao. It was surreal as hell to see the Haunted House recreated in real life at HHN, and it would be right at home in Father Campbell's Chapel in game imo

    @XDgamer018 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4110190#Comment_4110190

    man sucks to hear bhvr didnt Mocap David Howard Thorton… wonder if it was a schedule issue or if bhvrs internal system cant handle mocap to that degree

    I just don't think BHVR incorporates mocap into their design process. It's already extremely difficult sometimes to convince celebrities/actors to allow BHVR to use their likeness or VA ingame, add in needing to hop in a mocap suit to make the model? BHVR would probably prefer to just make it themselves and skip the negotiations.

    Not saying that Horton was difficult to work with or refused to do mocap, he seems very excited about the Collab, I just don't think BHVR does it in the first place.