Jason feels a little overtuned, some tweaks would make him perfect
I think the general design behind Jason's power is really cool and fun, though I do think he has a little too much going for him in his current state that makes him feel a bit overtuned and in some ways like direct power creep. I think with some tweaks he would still be a very strong killer but fix some concerns and balance him.
Omnipresent Evil in its current state feels like it needs to be tweaked in some way, I think the cooldown is far too short especially considering that he gains haste for a total of 25 seconds (on a 13 second cooldown), he essentially is a killer with insane mobility on a short cooldown and a fast projectile that can be at 4.6 with his projectile 100% of the time if Omnipresent Evil is used. This in my opinion feels too strong (especially given he can break pallets and block windows and pallets with this power), I've seen others suggest removing the haste entirely which I would not be opposed to, but if the haste were to remain and if the devs wanted to include the number 13 still in some way, I think giving him haste for 13 seconds with a cooldown of 25 seconds would be more balanced (this is just an example, not suggesting to give him these exact numbers).
This would also address his most concerning playstyle and addons (if addons were left untouched) which is defending totems and 3 gens which Jason is very oppressive when leaning heavily into this play style, especially with the addon Debuty's Badge. I've seen some others say Debuty's Badge should be reworked and is too strong, which I would agree with in Jason's current state, I do think though that if Omnipresent Evil were adjusted then Debuty's Badge would be less oppressive and could maybe stay as is. I do also think that Jason should have some way of tracking him in Omnipresent Evil to be more in line with killers with similar mechanics like Dracula and Spirit (either visually or with an audio) especially given how good his tracking is, arguably better than either of these killers which feels a bit like power creep.
I do not think Jason should give hindered to survivors impaled by hooks, especially given how long it takes to remove the hook spike and this gives Jason constant aura reading and a mini mori. Killers with similar mechanics like Twins and Springtrap do not hinder survivors when they have the axe embedded or while having Victor latched onto them, this is another thing that feels like direct power creep. If this mechanic were to remain I do think at the very least Jason should not get a hook spike after hooking a survivor, or do not respawn hooks when entering Omnipresent Evil (in it's current state given how short the cooldown is) or even make the reload take a bit longer.
Finally I'm unsure if this is a bug but the addon Sauna Rock implies it gives exhaustion to survivors in detection range of a jumpscare, currently if a survivor is crouching they do not get exhaustion even in range. I think this addon should remain working this way as this effect is very spammable otherwise especially compared to other exhaustion addons and how often Jason can jumpscare with such a short cooldown, and gives it some form of counterplay for the survivors.
I think if tweaks and small changes were given to Jason he would be in a perfect state, especially if any of the above gets addressed.
Comments