Sometimes it takes an old offline game
To realize how little fun dbd is compared to said offline games. Spent the past couple hours playing old offline games like Watch Dogs 1 and realized how awesome the game experience was as I was just able to play without wondering if there'll be toxic survivors/killers again who have such crazy ego issues that they'll do anything it takes to ruin your game experience.
Anyone else feel the same way sometimes? I'm starting to think dbd is completely pointless as a video game. Games are supposed to be fun but instead dbd gets your blood to boil at times.
Last survivor game I had looked like this:
- game starts (Lery's)
- 1 survivor disconnects immediately to derank
- killer has ruin
- killer downs survivor in a few seconds
- I finish one gen with ruin
- second survivor gets downed near the hooked survivor
- I realize the killer camped the whole time
- killer sends me a message "too easy you guys are a joke"
Last killer game I had looked like this:
- I play with a pure fun build (long heals, no ruin, no noed)
- I 3k without camping or tunneling
- I get messages like "freak" or "#########"
That's when it came to me that dbd is basically not a fun game but more of a salt-simulator. No one really cares about the game itself. Everyone just wants to insult each other and reduce the fun to a minimum.
Did any of you stop playing dbd for a longer period of time? If so, what motivated you to play dbd again?
Anyone else feel the same way sometimes? I'm starting to think dbd is completely pointless as a video game. Games are supposed to be fun but instead dbd gets your blood to boil at times.
Last survivor game I had looked like this:
- game starts (Lery's)
- 1 survivor disconnects immediately to derank
- killer has ruin
- killer downs survivor in a few seconds
- I finish one gen with ruin
- second survivor gets downed near the hooked survivor
- I realize the killer camped the whole time
- killer sends me a message "too easy you guys are a joke"
Last killer game I had looked like this:
- I play with a pure fun build (long heals, no ruin, no noed)
- I 3k without camping or tunneling
- I get messages like "freak" or "#########"
That's when it came to me that dbd is basically not a fun game but more of a salt-simulator. No one really cares about the game itself. Everyone just wants to insult each other and reduce the fun to a minimum.
Did any of you stop playing dbd for a longer period of time? If so, what motivated you to play dbd again?
Comments
bites it
then go play said offline games, if you arent gonna give any useful feedback you can frick off
My question was: Did you ever stop playing dbd for a longer period of time and if so what motivated you to play dbd again?
As for nothing comes close to dbd regarding toxicness, it does believe me. It's just how it is but there are a few good people and you have a nice time once in a while. When I'm burned I play sp games or with friends I know irl.
COD any pretty much OW, (note haven't played since the free weekend) Battlefront I/II the open chat was insane.
Maybe it's just one of those days. I didn't mean to sound rude or anything.
I find this quite tame in comparison to some other mulitiplayer games I can mention, Ive have had death threats on mario cart for Christ’s sake!
I will say that I stopped playing for a few months, missed spirit coming out and blight event came back after legion.
I stopped because of how the Clown release was handled, and I wanted to play other games for a while, I’d pretty much killed DBD for a while, I came back to playing because fundamentally I really love this game and it’s community of players, they really aren’t that bad..
Single players are fun but once you have played through them you have seen almost everything they have to offer in most of them, there are a few exceptions where you can keep playing, Skyrim, witcher 3, fallout 4, dark souls etc but they still dont have the same hundreds of hours feel as multiplayer games imo.
Defenetly give it a shot, the beginning can be rough but it's worth every minute you suffer
I stopped playing dbd between the spirit being released and legion being released due to me having university on and being dedicated to my studies. that being said despite acute toxicity and me being berated so bad in endgame chat once that i had to report, put a note on the forum and leave the game for a few days... That i love this game wholeheartedly, and that it is honestly one of the less toxic games i've played. OW which i have quit playing (excluding the very occasional friend calling me on to play) was far more toxic, and here in this dbd community i feel far more at home then i ever did there. i make friends atleast every few days playing dbd and even despite the toxicity, i return and return and return, because thats what this game does. it draws you in. and countless others i've met seem to feel that effect too. despite all the many issues with this game, we all love it not through any filtered lenses and have come to accept its issues. sure some of us may take to complain on the forums, but thats only because we love the game. we want to see its issues fixed. toxicity isin't an issue with the game, its an issue with us as people, any game on the internet is going to have toxicity and thats just due to the nature of being anonymous. sure there are some things that could be possibly done to lessen toxicity, like adding an endorsment system similar to ow, and punishing people who are toxic more harshly but for the most part it will always be there
And to be honest its fine by me.
Unsure if your post is legitimate or a bait. but i felt like getting that off my chest
Btw if you are looking for a game with a similar tone to DBD then I would recommend Deceit. Completely different core gameplay but it nails the horror aspect. Much better community but that's probably because it isn't that big yet. (mario kart? Really!?) Basically think if Trouble in Terrorist Town was a better social deduction game
You can try playing some multiplayer games with friends you know, like Diablo 3 or Monster hunter. Playing only with people you know is always good experience compared to strangers.
Warframe is pretty good for a F@P game and if you want a completely mind blowing game play "Bioshock Infinite" and try both the 1942 version or as it's referred to uninstall now. The challenges are pretty interesting as well and lots of side stuff you can do.
Uhhh, instead of comparing multiplayer to singleplayer, i play both.
Besides, if there's multiplayer, there's gonna be ######### players.
Never liked them, but Left 4 Dead 2 helped me...tolerate their behaviour. smacks them off buildings
Salt-Simulator 2019
I left for 4 months at a point but returned because other games are not as fun.
I stopped played for 2 months. I only came back because of friends and events, I play nowhere near as often as I did. I still enjoy DbD but I need breaks when it becomes not fun anymore. Which is usually after meeting 5-6 'tryhard' killers in a row. I get it they want their win but it becomes frustrating, boring and predictable running into the same 4 killers with the same builds one after another.
I will say that the past few weeks there hasn't been many salty after chats, then again my SWF group usually just leaves or says 'gg' then leaves. I have had interesting convos in after game chat also. Or sometimes if I meet someone who is struggling with a particular killer because they don't play them often I give a bit of encouragement. But that's me, whether I play killer (which I admit is rarely) or survivor, I just want to have fun and I do try not to gen rush.