So will my Switch Version just become unplayable/unsupported after the next graphic update?
Heya I mostly play dbd on PC but I started this game on the switch and when it came out it actually ran pretty okay. But after each new update the game looked worse and worse on the switch hardware and the fps got pretty rough too.
My Question now is...will the game even get supported in the future? You guys already said that you are currently are not working on a switch 2 version so I'm pretty concerned that the game I payed money for will just not work anymore or get limited by not getting new content anymore or getting locked out of crossplay.
Can a Dev or Mod give some informations on this topic please?
Comments
They should just clearly announce what hardware makes the cut and which does not.
Hearing them say no Switch 2 version is in the works makes me worry that DBD doesn't have a future on any of the Nintendo platforms. Which means a lot of very dedicated Switch players are going to lose access to a lot of the content they paid for because chapters bought in the Eshop are not currently transferable to other platforms.
I'm sure there's something in the End User Agreement that covers them legally if they do decide to drop a platform for any reason, but it's still going to hurt Nintendo gamers who will then be forced to repurchase all their unlocked content again on another platform (that's if they don't walk away for good. And who would blame them if this is how things turned out for them?). I'm lucky since most of my content I bought on PC, but I still play on my Switch occasionally and I do see the Switch 2 as a possible upgrade path for me if it got a decent version of the revamped iteration of the game.
But yeah, some clarity on the continued and future support for DBD on Nintendo's consoles would be very much appreciated (sooner rather than later).