Custom Bots

Currently venting because I'm quite frustrated at the moment. I'm trying to learn Jason for the first time (PS5 player), and the skill level of bots is genuinely infuriating. Even with absolutely ZERO perks and items, they always have perfect knowledge of looping routes from pallet to pallet without WoO, always know EXACTLY where I am, even when Undetecable and completely out of sight, have frame perfect dodges against projectiles, and Entity forbid they find a flashlight, because they WILL have 100% perfect accuracy and timing. It genuinely feels like I'm going against a team of fully experienced players beyond my own capabilities.

I admit this is absolutley also a skill issue on my part, but just to catch them I have to force them to triple vault windows, break every single pallet on the map, and very frequently cannot catch them without Bloodlust. Aiming on console is already challenging enough, and either toning them down for Customs or having settings would help immensely so I can actually learn how to play a specific killer rather than being having to use what specifically works against bots.

Comments

  • @Viciusaurus said:

    Currently venting because I'm quite frustrated at the moment. I'm trying to learn Jason for the first time (PS5 player), and the skill level of bots is genuinely infuriating. Even with absolutely ZERO perks and items, they always have perfect knowledge of looping routes from pallet to pallet without WoO, always know EXACTLY where I am, even when Undetecable and completely out of sight, have frame perfect dodges against projectiles, and Entity forbid they find a flashlight, because they WILL have 100% perfect accuracy and timing. It genuinely feels like I'm going against a team of fully experienced players beyond my own capabilities.

    I admit this is absolutley also a skill issue on my part, but just to catch them I have to force them to triple vault windows, break every single pallet on the map, and very frequently cannot catch them without Bloodlust. Aiming on console is already challenging enough, and either toning them down for Customs or having settings would help immensely so I can actually learn how to play a specific killer rather than being having to use what specifically works against bots.

    a build that heavily nerfs them is

    No Mither

    Scene Partner

    Invocation: Treachoruoua Crows

    its still useful for learning but makes them weaker

  • @Viciusaurus said:

    Currently venting because I'm quite frustrated at the moment. I'm trying to learn Jason for the first time (PS5 player), and the skill level of bots is genuinely infuriating. Even with absolutely ZERO perks and items, they always have perfect knowledge of looping routes from pallet to pallet without WoO, always know EXACTLY where I am, even when Undetecable and completely out of sight, have frame perfect dodges against projectiles, and Entity forbid they find a flashlight, because they WILL have 100% perfect accuracy and timing. It genuinely feels like I'm going against a team of fully experienced players beyond my own capabilities.

    I admit this is absolutley also a skill issue on my part, but just to catch them I have to force them to triple vault windows, break every single pallet on the map, and very frequently cannot catch them without Bloodlust. Aiming on console is already challenging enough, and either toning them down for Customs or having settings would help immensely so I can actually learn how to play a specific killer rather than being having to use what specifically works against bots.

    Also on console here, and isn't it better to have them be good at dodging compared to actual survivors so you miss less in pubs?

  • @pidgeon said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/468567/custom-bots

    Also on console here, and isn't it better to have them be good at dodging compared to actual survivors so you miss less in pubs?

    I agree with you, don't get me wrong. Just wish there was more variation to how they play rather than being able to do it perfectly every time. I never play ranged killers due to horrible aim. Since you're also on console do you have any advice on how to get better at that?

  • @Viciusaurus said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4088384#Comment_4088384

    I agree with you, don't get me wrong. Just wish there was more variation to how they play rather than being able to do it perfectly every time. I never play ranged killers due to horrible aim. Since you're also on console do you have any advice on how to get better at that?

    I play pretty much exclusively ranged killers and the best tip I can give you is to be super patient, don't flick, and if a survivor is dodging left and right just shoot the middle.

  • @Viciusaurus said:

    Currently venting because I'm quite frustrated at the moment. I'm trying to learn Jason for the first time (PS5 player), and the skill level of bots is genuinely infuriating. Even with absolutely ZERO perks and items, they always have perfect knowledge of looping routes from pallet to pallet without WoO, always know EXACTLY where I am, even when Undetecable and completely out of sight, have frame perfect dodges against projectiles, and Entity forbid they find a flashlight, because they WILL have 100% perfect accuracy and timing. It genuinely feels like I'm going against a team of fully experienced players beyond my own capabilities.

    I admit this is absolutley also a skill issue on my part, but just to catch them I have to force them to triple vault windows, break every single pallet on the map, and very frequently cannot catch them without Bloodlust. Aiming on console is already challenging enough, and either toning them down for Customs or having settings would help immensely so I can actually learn how to play a specific killer rather than being having to use what specifically works against bots.

    I know the feeling. I understand that Jason is a learning curve. But doesn’t help he feels sluggish sometimes. And to me it also hinders him more especially with the slow movement speed.