Dear BHVR - A love letter from The Houndmaster - (Her many issues)

Hey everyone, Houndmaster main here who adores Portia but low‑key feels like she’s been a bit forgotten for a while now.

I’m not here to scream, or be a rage goblin(🤣), this is just coming from a concerned main. I just want to share some issues that make her feel rough around the edges.

  1. Add‑ons
    Her add‑ons aren’t awful, but most of them feel very “nice to have or this is okay I guess” instead of exciting. A small pass to make more of them impactful or interesting would go a long way. A few of the addons straight up don’t even work at all, and have been reported in BetaHub a long time ago.
  2. Bugs
    She still has a surprising amount of bugs for how long she’s been out. I won’t list every single one here, but things like inconsistent interactions, visual glitches, and powers not behaving the way they should add up. For a precision, aim‑based killer, reliability is huge, so these bugs hurt her more than they might on others.
  3. Snug’s pull strength & coordinates
    Snug is adorable and conceptually really cool, but the pull strength feels too weak and inconsistent. I’d love to see his pull power increased so that, when you land him, it actually feels rewarding and threatening. On top of that, having his pull coordinates snap back more reliably toward Houndmaster again would help a ton with control; right now it can feel like Snug is doing his own thing instead of working with her. (Point 3 being the most frustrating)

Overall: I love Portia and want to keep playing her, I’d just like to see her brought up to a smoother, more reliable state. Even a small bugfix / QoL pass and a look at Snug would make a huge difference. Thank you for reading my little Houndmaster Ted Talk 🐶 🐕

Comments

  • I wish she would get some legendary skill that will make her actually look good…
    Something like Were-elk skin for her and change dog to wolf, that would be sick.

    Otherwise definetly needs tons of bugfixing and Snug's pull is sometimes hilariously bad. I had many times where he was pulling away from me for some reason (there wasn't even pallet between us).
    I don't even need to pull them towards me much, more like at least keep them in place properly.

    Overall using her power can be very fun with high skill ceiling, I love to try flicks with her. But I really don't like her overall estetics and she is very buggy…
    She is definetly my number one disappointing chapter. I was so hyped for doggy as power just to get this…

  • @PetTheDoggo said:

    I wish she would get some legendary skill that will make her actually look good…
    Something like Were-elk skin for her and change dog to wolf, that would be sick.

    Otherwise definetly needs tons of bugfixing and Snug's pull is sometimes hilariously bad. I had many times where he was pulling away from me for some reason (there wasn't even pallet between us).
    I don't even need to pull them towards me much, more like at least keep them in place properly.

    Overall using her power can be very fun with high skill ceiling, I love to try flicks with her. But I really don't like her overall estetics and she is very buggy…
    She is definetly my number one disappointing chapter. I was so hyped for doggy as power just to get this…

    Yeah I am with you on the bugs and Snug’s pull 😅 I actually really like her pirate look though and kinda wish they’d just give her more pirate variants instead of a full were-elk transformation(IMHO) However I want a legendary for her for sure! :)

    Main thing for me is just please let the dog actually grab people instead of politely suggesting “Oh hey, I am trying to move you. Also she’s a Cane Corso, not a chihuahua in a sweater — she should be ragdolling people, not gently suggesting they take a step in my direction 😭