Chapter concept: Frozen Heart

Real Name: Noah Mercer

New Survivor: Elliot Hart

New Map: St. Laurent Academy Ice Complex

Chapter Overview

Frozen Heart is a psychological horror chapter centered around obsession, repression, and possessive love turned monstrous.

At St. Laurent Academy, hockey captain Noah Mercer seemed destined for greatness. A star athlete, team captain, and local hero, he embodied everything the school celebrated.

Elliot Hart was his opposite.

Quiet. Studious. Awkward. Invisible.

For years, Noah disguised his fascination with Elliot as cruelty. Every insult, every shove into a locker, every public humiliation concealed feelings he refused to acknowledge.

Then Elliot started dating one of Noah's teammates.

Jealousy became anger.

Anger became violence.

One teammate disappeared.

Then another.

Then another.

By the time the truth emerged, the academy's championship hockey team had become a slaughterhouse.

When Noah finally cornered Elliot inside the school's rink, he found himself unable to choose between embracing him or killing him.

Before either decision could be made, a dense Fog rolled across the ice.

The Entity had already chosen for them.

Killer: The Captain

Name: Noah Mercer

Alias: The Captain

Nationality: Canadian

Weapon: The Sharpened Stick

A shattered hockey stick reinforced with jagged ice and stained with the blood of Noah's former teammates.

Movement Speed: 115%

Terror Radius: 32 meters

Height: Tall

Killer Power: Cold Fury

His rage spreads freezing energy throughout the Trial, slowing and isolating survivors who attempt to escape his grasp.

Noah has 3 frozen hearts stabbed through his weapon, they glow with frost depending on the charges (like Nurse's blink charges or the Artist's crow charges).

The Captain's emotions have manifested into supernatural frost. Half of all vaults are blocked and need to be broken before they become useable. Noah has 3 frozen hearts, he can spend their frost on pallets or vaults during a chase to block them, or slowdown the animation. (Imagine running to killer shack but suddenly the window freeze over so you can't jump through it, or trying to drop the pallet but it becomes encased in frost so the animation after drop is slower. In a way working similarly than Vecna's mage hand but more towards window vaults).

The longer survivors resist him, the colder the world becomes. Pallets freeze over and the ice on window vaults regenerate. Additionally, survivors have to "keep warm" by running, healing another survivor or working on a generator. If they stay hidden and do nothing for too long they gain 5% hindered until they warm up again.

Killer Perks

Possessive

"You're MINE."

After losing a Survivor during a chase, that Survivor will gain Exhausted for 6/8/10 seconds. After which their aura is reveal to the killer for 5 seconds . Only one survivor can be affected by Possessive.

Possessive then enters a 30-second cooldown.

Given the Cold Shoulder

"Every rejection leaves a mark."

After blinding the Killer, the Survivor suffers from 5% Hindered for 3/4/5 seconds.

Given the Cold Shoulder can only affect a Survivor once every 30 seconds.

Friendzone

"You spent so long ignoring me. Now you'll pay for it."

Whenever a Survivor performs a rushed vault while inside your Terror Radius, they suffer from Oblivious for 20/25/30 seconds.

While a Survivor is Oblivious, they suffer from 3% Hindered.

A Survivor can only be affected by Friendzone once every 40 seconds.

Survivor: Elliot Hart

Elliot Hart spent most of his life trying not to be noticed.

Years of bullying taught him how to disappear into crowds, avoid confrontation, and find escape routes others overlooked.

While others learned confidence, Elliot learned survival.

Even in The Fog, he remains difficult to pin down.

Survivor Perks

Transfer Student

"You spent years finding ways around obstacles others never noticed."

While Healthy and the Obsession, cleansing a Totem activates Transfer Student.

Enter a locker and rush out to create an Astral Projection lasting up to 20 seconds.

The Projection:

  • Can pass through dropped pallets.
  • Can move through breakable doors.
  • Ignores environmental obstacles that would normally block Survivor movement.
  • May enter another locker to instantly teleport you to that location.

If the Killer attacks the Projection:

  • You immediately lose a health state.
  • Gain Broken for 20 seconds.
  • Scream, revealing your location.

Transfer Student deactivates after use.

Safe Space

"After awhile it feels comfy."

Going inside a locker while injured will reveal the killer for 3s/4s/5s. The perk then deactivate until the survivor is healed fully.

Tutor

"I left you some notes that should help."

While repairing a generator for at least 40% Tutor triggers:

  • See the aura of a generator being worked on (or until one is).
  • The generator gain a permanent 5% increase repair speed if you go join the survivors on there and repair for at least 10%.

New Map: St. Laurent Academy Ice Complex

A prestigious Canadian academy renowned for its elite hockey program.

Now trapped within The Entity's Realm, the campus remains frozen in the moments after Noah's massacre.

The distant hum of refrigeration units echoes through abandoned hallways while frost slowly spreads across shattered trophies and blood-stained locker rooms.

Map Areas

  • Championship Ice Rink
  • Home Team Locker Room
  • Visitor Locker Room
  • Trophy Hall
  • School Library
  • Science Wing
  • Cafeteria
  • Gymnasium
  • Administrative Offices
  • Maintenance Corridors

The central ice rink acts as the map's landmark, visible from multiple sections of the school.

Interactive Map Feature: Refrigeration Cycle

Throughout the Trial, the arena's aging refrigeration system periodically activates.

Cold fog pours through sections of the map, reducing visibility and coating surfaces with frost.

The system serves as a constant reminder of the place where Noah's obsession finally consumed everything around him.

Mori: Mine Alone

The Captain knocks the Survivor to the ground.

Instead of finishing them immediately, he kneels beside them.

He gently straightens their clothing and brushes frost from their shoulder.

For a brief moment, his expression softens.

Almost regretful.

Almost loving.

Then he drives the sharpened hockey stick through their chest.

As the Survivor collapses, Noah pulls them close and watches the life leave their eyes.

Only when they stop moving does he finally let go.

Comments

  • @OrionQc24 said:

    Real Name: Noah Mercer

    New Survivor: Elliot Hart

    New Map: St. Laurent Academy Ice Complex

    Chapter Overview

    Frozen Heart is a psychological horror chapter centered around obsession, repression, and possessive love turned monstrous.

    At St. Laurent Academy, hockey captain Noah Mercer seemed destined for greatness. A star athlete, team captain, and local hero, he embodied everything the school celebrated.

    Elliot Hart was his opposite.

    Quiet. Studious. Awkward. Invisible.

    For years, Noah disguised his fascination with Elliot as cruelty. Every insult, every shove into a locker, every public humiliation concealed feelings he refused to acknowledge.

    Then Elliot started dating one of Noah's teammates.

    Jealousy became anger.

    Anger became violence.

    One teammate disappeared.

    Then another.

    Then another.

    By the time the truth emerged, the academy's championship hockey team had become a slaughterhouse.

    When Noah finally cornered Elliot inside the school's rink, he found himself unable to choose between embracing him or killing him.

    Before either decision could be made, a dense Fog rolled across the ice.

    The Entity had already chosen for them.

    Killer: The Captain

    Name: Noah Mercer

    Alias: The Captain

    Nationality: Canadian

    Weapon: The Sharpened Stick

    A shattered hockey stick reinforced with jagged ice and stained with the blood of Noah's former teammates.

    Movement Speed: 115%

    Terror Radius: 32 meters

    Height: Tall

    Killer Power: Cold Fury

    The Captain's emotions have manifested into supernatural frost.

    His rage spreads freezing energy throughout the Trial, slowing and isolating survivors who attempt to escape his grasp.

    The longer survivors resist him, the colder the world becomes. Pallets periodically freeze over and vaults become cover in sharps ice shards that cause survivor fast-vaulting to become injured.

    Killer Perks

    Possessive

    "You can't hide from me."

    After losing a Survivor during a chase, that Survivor's aura is revealed for 5 seconds.

    Possessive then enters a 30-second cooldown.

    Given the Cold Shoulder

    "Every rejection leaves a mark."

    After stunning the Killer, the Survivor suffers from 5% Hindered for 6/8/10 seconds.

    Given the Cold Shoulder can only affect a Survivor once every 30 seconds.

    Friendzone

    "You spent so long ignoring me. Now you'll pay for it."

    Whenever a Survivor performs a rushed vault while inside your Terror Radius, they suffer from Oblivious for 20/25/30 seconds.

    While a Survivor is Oblivious, they suffer from 3% Hindered.

    A Survivor can only be affected by Frozen Heart once every 40 seconds.

    Survivor: Elliot Hart

    Elliot Hart spent most of his life trying not to be noticed.

    Years of bullying taught him how to disappear into crowds, avoid confrontation, and find escape routes others overlooked.

    While others learned confidence, Elliot learned survival.

    Even in The Fog, he remains difficult to pin down.

    Survivor Perks

    Transfer Student

    "You spent years finding ways around obstacles others never noticed."

    While Healthy and the Obsession, cleansing a Totem activates Transfer Student.

    Enter a locker and rush out to create an Astral Projection lasting up to 20 seconds.

    The Projection:

    • Can pass through dropped pallets.
    • Can move through breakable doors.
    • Ignores environmental obstacles that would normally block Survivor movement.
    • May enter another locker to instantly teleport you to that location.

    If the Killer attacks the Projection:

    • You immediately lose a health state.
    • Gain Broken for 20 seconds.
    • Scream, revealing your location.

    Transfer Student deactivates after use.

    Closeted

    "Some habits become second nature."

    While injured inside a locker, your grunts of pain are reduced by 50/62.5/75%.

    Tutor

    "You always did your best work with others."

    While repairing a Generator with at least one other Survivor:

    • Item charges are consumed 8/10/12% slower.
    • Great skill check success zones are increased by 5%.

    New Map: St. Laurent Academy Ice Complex

    A prestigious Canadian academy renowned for its elite hockey program.

    Now trapped within The Entity's Realm, the campus remains frozen in the moments after Noah's massacre.

    The distant hum of refrigeration units echoes through abandoned hallways while frost slowly spreads across shattered trophies and blood-stained locker rooms.

    Map Areas

    • Championship Ice Rink
    • Home Team Locker Room
    • Visitor Locker Room
    • Trophy Hall
    • School Library
    • Science Wing
    • Cafeteria
    • Gymnasium
    • Administrative Offices
    • Maintenance Corridors

    The central ice rink acts as the map's landmark, visible from multiple sections of the school.

    Interactive Map Feature: Refrigeration Cycle

    Throughout the Trial, the arena's aging refrigeration system periodically activates.

    Cold fog pours through sections of the map, reducing visibility and coating surfaces with frost.

    The system serves as a constant reminder of the place where Noah's obsession finally consumed everything around him.

    Mori: Mine Alone

    The Captain knocks the Survivor to the ground.

    Instead of finishing them immediately, he kneels beside them.

    He gently straightens their clothing and brushes frost from their shoulder.

    For a brief moment, his expression softens.

    Almost regretful.

    Almost loving.

    Then he drives the sharpened hockey stick through their chest.

    As the Survivor collapses, Noah pulls them close and watches the life leave their eyes.

    Only when they stop moving does he finally let go.

    I love this, a Yandere style killer is an amazing idea (Yandere is an anime trope of a specific person who can go to drastic measures over a person they love for those who dont know). Doomed Yaoi i see….also id like to point out that Posessive is just Predator. i love this idea though

  • The Killer:

    I like the concept and the lore. I can see there's a lot of love put into this, especially with the Mori. I feel the killer power needs a bit more info on how it works exactly.

    Right now, and correct me if I'm wrong, it's just an M1 killer with a global passive that blocks certain resources based on RNG. Theming-wise, that's great. The idea of fast vaulting causing an injury so the survivor has to consciously choose to medium vault or ditch the resource entirely is unique and interesting.

    I think looking at the power in a way that makes it a bit more active and perhaps adds a secondary objective for the survivors (warming up by some means) would help make them slightly more unique to play against.

    I see this working as a set up killer. Survivors can thaw frozen vaults/pallets with a special interaction (maybe after finding campfire and pulling a burning branch from it), which cannot be done in chase as it takes too long. Maybe instead of having a maximum number of 'freezes' that can be applied at once, The Captain earns these as a resource for chase/injuries and can spend them accordingly.

    Perks:
    Posessive is just an upgrade from Predator, which is Wraith's perk.

    Cold Shoulder is alright. It's very similar to Knock Out from Bubba, with a longer effect but requiring you to eat a stun for it to activate, so probably will see a little use here or there.

    Friendzone (or is it Frozen Heart, based on the perk description?) is cute. Pairing it with I'm All Ears from Ghostface would make for some interesting ways to play around fast vaults. It does last an awfully long time and the cooldown is only 10 seconds longer than the effect, though, so this may result in most chases being at perma 3% hinder and perma oblivious. That might be obnoxious but I couldn't tell you if it's too strong.

    Transfer Student is probably the most interesting unique perk I've seen offered here. From what I understand, it's a means to bait the killer away from where you are, risking an injury but also gaining some distance. Further, if you make it to a locker you can move to it. To be 100% honest, I don't see this perk being meta, but I do see it as a popular meme/fun pick for messing around with silly locker strats.

    Closeted is umm… I get the story implications here, but I'm not 100% sure about the name. The effect is okay, very niche but given the other perks here I can tell locker builds are the plan.

    Tutor is pretty okay as well. Easier great skill checks would be pretty gross with Hyperfocus alongside it. Could make for some interesting double-up duo builds on generators instead of spreading out being the choice in 99.9% of cases. Which is a decision I'd like to see come into play more often. ~


    EDIT: I want to add that I think it's genuinely hilarious that the survivor whose primary experience in their backstory is getting stuffed in lockers has perks associated with them.

  • @zonkednb said:

    The Killer:

    I like the concept and the lore. I can see there's a lot of love put into this, especially with the Mori. I feel the killer power needs a bit more info on how it works exactly.

    Right now, and correct me if I'm wrong, it's just an M1 killer with a global passive that blocks certain resources based on RNG. Theming-wise, that's great. The idea of fast vaulting causing an injury so the survivor has to consciously choose to medium vault or ditch the resource entirely is unique and interesting.

    I think looking at the power in a way that makes it a bit more active and perhaps adds a secondary objective for the survivors (warming up by some means) would help make them slightly more unique to play against.

    I see this working as a set up killer. Survivors can thaw frozen vaults/pallets with a special interaction (maybe after finding campfire and pulling a burning branch from it), which cannot be done in chase as it takes too long. Maybe instead of having a maximum number of 'freezes' that can be applied at once, The Captain earns these as a resource for chase/injuries and can spend them accordingly.

    Perks:
    Posessive is just an upgrade from Predator, which is Wraith's perk.

    Cold Shoulder is alright. It's very similar to Knock Out from Bubba, with a longer effect but requiring you to eat a stun for it to activate, so probably will see a little use here or there.

    Friendzone (or is it Frozen Heart, based on the perk description?) is cute. Pairing it with I'm All Ears from Ghostface would make for some interesting ways to play around fast vaults. It does last an awfully long time and the cooldown is only 10 seconds longer than the effect, though, so this may result in most chases being at perma 3% hinder and perma oblivious. That might be obnoxious but I couldn't tell you if it's too strong.

    Transfer Student is probably the most interesting unique perk I've seen offered here. From what I understand, it's a means to bait the killer away from where you are, risking an injury but also gaining some distance. Further, if you make it to a locker you can move to it. To be 100% honest, I don't see this perk being meta, but I do see it as a popular meme/fun pick for messing around with silly locker strats.

    Closeted is umm… I get the story implications here, but I'm not 100% sure about the name. The effect is okay, very niche but given the other perks here I can tell locker builds are the plan.

    Tutor is pretty okay as well. Easier great skill checks would be pretty gross with Hyperfocus alongside it. Could make for some interesting double-up duo builds on generators instead of spreading out being the choice in 99.9% of cases. Which is a decision I'd like to see come into play more often. ~


    EDIT: I want to add that I think it's genuinely hilarious that the survivor whose primary experience in their backstory is getting stuffed in lockers has perks associated with them.

    Dwights Student has arrived

  • Okay I will rework some aspects of the build and thanks for mentioning the existing perks I had completely forgotten they even were a thing X_X

    Friendzone, used to be called Frozen heart but I changed it to be Friendzone (implying Elliot rejected Noah at one point)

    Cold shoulder, I also hadn't thought about that perk and although it is not dependent on pallets…it does look too much like the same thing, I will change it for something else I have a few ideas.

    Closeted, yes sorry I'm gay myself and thought it could be a fun play on word. Lorewise it's a funny deviation of the truth, which is that he was shoved in lockers by Noah.

  • @OrionQc24 said:

    Okay I will rework some aspects of the build and thanks for mentioning the existing perks I had completely forgotten they even were a thing X_X

    Friendzone, used to be called Frozen heart but I changed it to be Friendzone (implying Elliot rejected Noah at one point)

    Cold shoulder, I also hadn't thought about that perk and although it is not dependent on pallets…it does look too much like the same thing, I will change it for something else I have a few ideas.

    Closeted, yes sorry I'm gay myself and thought it could be a fun play on word. Lorewise it's a funny deviation of the truth, which is that he was shoved in lockers by Noah.

    Haha, no apologies needed! I'm not rustled by the perk name. I just kinda think about what these sort of things would look like going into the game and I figure that might not make the cut.

  • Done, I made pretty substantial changes. Looking forward to see how you guys find them ^^