Mephisto in the Fog.

Hi everyone! I just wanted to point out that this is just a dream of mine, but I decided to share it with you ;) For quite some time now, I haven’t been able to stop thinking about Mephisto—yes, that Mephisto from the Diablo series—and I think he’d be a great fit for DBD as a psychological killer. As we know, Mephisto is the Lord of Hatred, whose aura, actions, and words significantly manipulate people, so I thought his “Hatred” ability could affect the survivors. Each survivor’s mental state fills up over time; when the Hatred meter is full, the survivor begins to see a different map—not the standard one, but a slightly altered version in shades of red and black. Walls turn into stone and hellish walls, and the souls of people captured by Mephisto appear. When Lord of Hatred strikes a survivor, he builds up “Hatred” faster and inflicts bleeding.
A full “Hatred” bar sometimes causes flashes of Mephisto’s face to appear before the survivor; this may frighten them or temporarily impair their screen visibility. He also deceives through fear, gen progression(The generator that has made the most progress isn't making any sound or showing any progress.), and false footsteps, or manipulates his own character or the player controlling the survivor—meaning that the first survivor to look at another fleeing survivor will not see an ally, but Mephisto. (Such is the illusion for the players.)
The final stage is exhaustion, which lasts until the survivor uses Akarat’s Shrines. Akarat’s Shrines are needed to break the effect, but frequent use increases the shrines’ cooldown.
There aren’t many tactical or psychological killers.

Perks:
False hope - Once the first generator is completed, the second generator with the most progress will be set back by 10/15/20% and disabled for 30 seconds.
If there are 2 generators left, survivors receive a 5% repair penalty

Wishpers of Despair - When a Survivor is hit, they receive a 3/4/5% penalty to vaulting and gens spinning; the effect disappears once they are healed.

You can't hide - When a Survivor sees your aura, you receive a notification and can see the auras of other Survivors for 5 seconds.
OR.
The Crused will - When a survivor blesses a totem, the survivor’s blessings replace the killer’s curses, and the cursed totem is locked for 30 seconds.
If the killer has no curses, the blessed totem is automatically destroyed.
It takes 15% longer to destroy totems.
(either “The Cursed will” or “You Can't Hide.”)

Of course, this is just a fan concept—I felt the need to share this dream with you, and I hope you like it ;)

Best regards!

Tagged: KillersPerks

Comments