DBD should notify a player when you give them a thumbs up at the end of the game

Edit: I put this in the wrong place and it won't let me move it. Pretend it's suggestions and feedback 💔

This is a weird comparison but MultiVersus had a thing where you can give players 'toast' at the end of a game to basically say "yay gg great job pal" and recipient were notified of it and get a little bit currency. I think giving someone the thumbs up at the match results screen should give a notification and maybe like 25000 bp or something

Comments

  • @skippyrizzo said:

    Edit: I put this in the wrong place and it won't let me move it. Pretend it's suggestions and feedback 💔

    This is a weird comparison but MultiVersus had a thing where you can give players 'toast' at the end of a game to basically say "yay gg great job pal" and recipient were notified of it and get a little bit currency. I think giving someone the thumbs up at the match results screen should give a notification and maybe like 25000 bp or something

    I totally agree with this. Right now the thumbs up at the end screen feels kind of pointless because the other player never knows you sent it and you don’t get anything for it. If it popped up as a little “ggs! someone appreciated you” notification and gave a small bp bonus, i’d use it way more and it’d make the system actually feel rewarding instead of just a hidden button.

  • Would be cool. Maybe I'd use the feature again because I never really bother anymore. It feels useless. A notification would also give console players a way to communicate something on the scoreboard.

    People will fight you on the BP part tho. We just had a talk about that and how killers won't get anything if they don't play nice.

  • You would get more thumbs down like you play normaly and some will dislike it or you give them room and they will dislike it too (met both of these types even free win stinks to some people after constant tryhard line of matches).

    25k depending if someone gives you thumbs up is kinda a lot more like 5-10 would be nice but I dont see this as some big thing especialy in DBD where salt if could be collected bhvr would be world wide brand in market with salt.

  • They said they were looking at introducing some sort of positive reinforcement system years ago on one of the anniversary streams, but like many such announcements, it never materialised.

    It would be a great addition, especially if it came with some sort of additional reward. For example, on grade reset day you get so much extra BP for each thumbs up you got that month.

  • @cogsturning said:

    Would be cool. Maybe I'd use the feature again because I never really bother anymore. It feels useless. A notification would also give console players a way to communicate something on the scoreboard.

    People will fight you on the BP part tho. We just had a talk about that and how killers won't get anything if they don't play nice.

    Killers shouldn’t complain. As a killer main myself, we naturally get more BP than the average survivor anyway.

    Killers shouldn’t complain if they miss out on a small BP bonus occasionally from a thumbs 👍 up🤣

  • @MechWarrior3 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4083710#Comment_4083710

    Killers shouldn’t complain. As a killer main myself, we naturally get more BP than the average survivor anyway.

    Killers shouldn’t complain if they miss out on a small BP bonus occasionally from a thumbs 👍 up🤣

    So far noone has.

    But I think some sort of notification would be nice even without BP. I mean,. what's the point in giving thumbs up if noone ever reads them?