With all the second, third. and sometimes fourth chance perks people can bring, there needs to be a counter to all the second chance perks. Perhaps make counters to all the second chance options.
the thing that counters it is slugging since the majority of second chances are hook based
I've heard that, but it break the feel of hooking people. I want the survivors to be able to unhook and rescue, it's just RIDICULOUS how many second chance options they get. I go for a chase and get the down and they have all of these options:
Decisive Strike
Dead Hard
Unbreakable
Off the Record
Adrenaline
Deliverance
Soul Guard
PLUS built in endurance when they get un-hooked to block my attempts to get a trade. BHVR its 4v1 but they have SO MANY get out of jail free options.
Tell all that to 100 hour jimmy who gets immidiately targetted because he is weak link of a group, needs all the help and gets tunneled.
Playing killer is the easiest it has ever been.
I agree to nuke all the 2nd chance perks, but only if survivors get the anti-tunnel system.
Maybe then we would be free from META perks. BUT… I guess we will never know.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
the thing that counters it is slugging since the majority of second chances are hook based
I've heard that, but it break the feel of hooking people. I want the survivors to be able to unhook and rescue, it's just RIDICULOUS how many second chance options they get. I go for a chase and get the down and they have all of these options:
Dead Hard
Unbreakable
Off the Record
Adrenaline
Deliverance
Soul Guard
PLUS built in endurance when they get un-hooked to block my attempts to get a trade. BHVR its 4v1 but they have SO MANY get out of jail free options.
Decisive strike - lower to 45s and would be fine
Dead Hard - works once you are hooked twice, Deactivated in EFC
Unbreakable - must be activated by competing 50 % of gen or unhook, deactivated in EGC
Off The Record - rework, once you are unhooked you see killer aura for 5s and receive extra 5s endurance, deacttivated in EGC
Adrenaline - only heals, no longer grants boost
Deliverance - requires two safe unhooks
Soul Guard is ok in my opinion as there are many alternatives that work way better
imo these kinds of perks should be grouped like exhaustion in a way that makes them mutually exclusive
Tell all that to 100 hour jimmy who gets immidiately targetted because he is weak link of a group, needs all the help and gets tunneled.
Playing killer is the easiest it has ever been.
I agree to nuke all the 2nd chance perks, but only if survivors get the anti-tunnel system.
Maybe then we would be free from META perks. BUT… I guess we will never know.