Stake out 'rework'
Stake out is a really fun perk to use. However, it's very situational. When talking about perks, the more situational it is the stronger it has to be in said situation. I dont propose an entire rework, but i was thinking something along the lines of this.
Every time you hit 3/3/2 skill checks you gain a token. Once you have a token, failed skill checks will turn into good skill checks and good skill checks will turn into great.
This perk is kind of like training wheels but for skill checks. It allows newer players to practice hitting great skill checks without fear of blowing up a gen. The tokens are necessary because some people can hit great skill checks just not consistently.
Why do I think it needs a change? I'm glad no one asked!
Currently, there are some killers who completely negate the effectiveness of an already meh perk.
Every time you hit 3/3/2 skill checks you gain a token. Once you have a token, failed skill checks will turn into good skill checks and good skill checks will turn into great.
This perk is kind of like training wheels but for skill checks. It allows newer players to practice hitting great skill checks without fear of blowing up a gen. The tokens are necessary because some people can hit great skill checks just not consistently.
Why do I think it needs a change? I'm glad no one asked!
Currently, there are some killers who completely negate the effectiveness of an already meh perk.
Comments
I prefer it the way it currently is. I run it on two of my Survivors and I don't mind if depending on the situation, I don't get much use out of it.
Edit: I am wrong, its capped at 4 at tier 3.
You want failed Skill Checks to count as Good, that's better than Technician.
The whole point of ''Stake Out'' is that like the word implies, you are spying on the target, the target being the Killer, and by spying on them you get info, Great Skill checks. This perk perfectly fits the name and is a great counter to Ruin and if you're a stealth player like me you get lots of tokens; honestly I'm surprised most P3 Claudettes don't run this because they would own this perk because they're more invisible than Wraith.
Theres no need to use it at high ranks because at that point most survivors should be able to hit great skill checks. And at mid ranks you run a higher risk of facing killers with a smaller terror radius, making the perk almost entirely useless. Small game is a better counter to ruin than stake out and also massively helps prevent NOED.
Well, I usually get all my Tokens by repairing a Gen near where a Chase is happening.
Perhaps, but I don't mind any of this. I'm quite happy with Stake Out the way it is.
Your version is good too but I think that stake out is good the way it is now.
I think that what you proposed could be another perk though. Actually it would be great. There were multiple good perk suggestions but I guess devs don't pay too much attention to these kind of suggestions.
Allow you to get more than 4 tokens, perhaps 8 or 10.
Or allow you to get tokens even when in a chase.
One or the other, not both would be my suggestion.
But I do think the perk is fine for what it is, could be better.
Technician also has a 50% chance to not explode if you fail a Skill check. So if yours went through everyone would bypass Technician and use Stake Out. But that's a technical problem, my presonal problem is that yours gets stack too easily and does not make sense with the name of the perk.
I like the idea, but the competition with Technician's purpose isn't that good. However, I think Technician needs a simultaneous change, since its benefit is fairly minor as it is, and there's no reason to run it after you get the hang of skill checks.
I'm the same way and i've even followed killers around to get stacks occasionally because i'll also get other bonus points at the same time.
It does suck when it's a Mirror Myers or Amanda crouching around though, against an ultra rare Legion it's like CHKCHING.
They ruined Tinkerer, lets not have them ruin another perk, also I just realized how are you going to get more than 1 token? You can do 2 Good skill checks to get 1 token but the very next skill check turns into a Great. At this point having a token makes no sense as you can only get 1. You should take that part out because it doesn't work with your version. Unless I'm missing something.