so is this completely off the table with this Jason license?

jason x.png

Jason X is one of my favorites. Was really hoping to spend some money on a Jason X skin. Saw that the Jason Universe thing only has rights to movies 2-8 though.

Comments

  • Unfortunately, this is unlikely to happen. Jason is being added via "Jason Universe" and not "Friday the 13th". It's a complicated ownership issue, but the best way I can sum it up is that, from what I understand, they can't use anything from the currently existing movies without getting more parties involved. They can use Jason and his mask, as well as Camp Crystal Lake I believe, but not any other characters like Tommy Jarvis or anything unique to the movies.

  • New Line owns that Jason so yes, completely off the table

  • Could be possible? I've heard Jason Universe has access to the designs in f13th the game and Jason X did have a design in the game, but he was never released and we don't know the limits of what in the game they can access if what I heard was true

  • Like previous comments have already said, its a really complicated issue still, and this was basically the devs only way in. If the devs could have gotten their hands on more, they would have unless it was not worth the headache. Massive delays, and getting more people involved to cause further delay is a nightmare.

    What I hope is that this is the first hurdle. Getting their foot in the door and the chapter on lock. Now negotiating will have no negative impact on the game, but will still leave possibility for more Jason skins.

  • We might not get the Jason X movie skin specifically

    But we might get their own interpretation of a sci-fi Jason skin.

    Kind of like how the undead skin he currently has is a clear nod to how he looked in Part VI, VII, and VIII.

  • @Zakon05 said:

    We might not get the Jason X movie skin specifically

    But we might get their own interpretation of a sci-fi Jason skin.

    Kind of like how the undead skin he currently has is a clear nod to how he looked in Part VI, VII, and VIII.

    The Death Forsaken outfit with the shovel feels based off FvJ as well with the coat, using Part 7's exposed spine and gloves like 6.

    Depths of Despair feels very much like an alternate take on Part 7. Backwoods Terror is mostly original but calls back to Part 2 by adding hair.

    With the ability to mix and match and Jason being one of the lucky killers to get cosmetics entirely swapping out his weapons, I'm pretty satisfied with this for the most part. Seems the devs are just as big a fan of Jason's part 7 design as I am, and we'll probably see a higher amount of skins for him because of this direction too.