I can't enjoy this game anymore because of this reason:

People (rage) disconnecting all the time.

It's neither fun for survivors or the killer.

Nurse in the game? DC
Legion? DC
Missed your Decisive Strike? DC
Got downed fast? DC
Got looped for a long time? DC
Got flashlight blinded by survivors? DC
Secret killer offering in the loading screen? DC

Or survivors just kill themselves on the hook which is besically the same as disconnecting because they pretty much die instantly.

A lot of people disconnect during the loading screen so its a 3v1 or even 2v1. Then the rest of the people DC as well and you still lose all your offerings, addons, etc.

This is bullshit.

I know the ranking system is a mess and rank means nothing but "oh this guy is rank 5, he has played more this season than a guy at rank 10". It doesn't mean the guy at rank 5 is better by any means. Ranking up is too easy and a lot of survivors rage quit because they get stupid teammtes.

I have over 2500 hours in this game and I get matched with people that just started to play this game. It infuriates me and it's really annoying. Especially at rank reset (which is even more stupid) everyone gets thrown in the same pot again which is counterproductive.

A lot of people derank intentionally (which I totally understand!). The closer you are to rank 1 the longer the queue times are and the higher is the chance that you will fight the samer killer over and over again. It's boring.

There's a lot of silly potato players at rank 1 who can't play the game, they just hide, don't play risky at all, can't stand a second in a chase, don't help their teammates and only care about securing their pip which isn't hard.

On the other side there can be tryhard SWF groups that have 4 adrenalines, BT, DS, unbreakable, can do ruin skillchecks and have perfect coordination and skill and can juke a killer for a very long time and "genrush" the ######### out of almost everyone. And because it's easy to rank up killers at rank 1 just do tryhard stuff as well to counter tryhard survivor stuff. It's an endless circle.

It's super boring to pretty much only face nurses and billy with ruin, noed, ebony moris, 3 blinks, instasaw all the time at rank 1. Due to the fact that the game can be so imbalanced you have to counter broken stuff with broken stuff and instead of fixing those things on both sides the devs tell us "just play billy or nurse if you want to win at rank 1" which is SUPER annyoing for everyone, not fun and won't solve any problems.

I mean the devs confirmed many times they don't think it's needed that every killer is equally powerful but I totally disagree with that statement. In my opinion the goal of a pvp game is to make every character somewhat evenly balanced so you can play the killer you like to play at any rank, against any good survivor team and do equally well. We have 14 killers in this game, yet only a handful of them can be competitive (only with a full build with perks and good addons of course) so people DC and stay at rank ~10 to have a better variety of killers.

Tryhard SWF groups are not exclusive to rank 1 either. They occur everywhere, especially when like rank 10 and 1 survivors queue up together. It's a total mess. I've seen really, really good survivor teams at rank 10 and total noobs at rank 1.

Rank doesn't mean skill in this game. If a guy or streamer thinks that they are good because they reached rank 1 that's just wrong and they do that to brag about their skill, raise their ego and make them look good but if you played this game for a bit you know that that's just wrong. I mean ZubatLeL got from rank 20 to 1 in one ######### stream as killer and it took him like 11 hours (including donwtime and lobby searching). It's not hard for survivors to rank up either. You could say Zubat is a very good killer so it's easy to rank up for him but that's not the point. The point is that it is possible to rank up that fast and after you invest a bit of time into the game and don't get scared anymore it's really easy to rank up.

My point is that disconnecting is a real issue in this game that doesn't get punished. Disconnecting actually rewards players as mentioned above. I've been playing this game since release and the devs said that they want to implement ranking up rewards to the game almost 3 years ago now. They haven't done ANYTHING about that.

There is still literally no reward for ranking up, matchmaking is a joke anyway, pipping/ranking up is way too easy and doesn't take player's skill into account. When they actually made it harder to rank up when they first introduced the new emblem system the players raged because it was "too hard" to rank up so the devs changed it. That was just a bad thing because now it's way too easy to rank up (although the old ranking system was flawed on various levels too).

Again, there is no punishment for DC-ing. The devs said they ban for disconnects but they do that wrong if you ask me because I cannot see any difference. In fact, more and more people disconnect these days. I hardly have a match without someone (rage) disconnecting or DC-ing in the loading screen because of moris.
I still see lots of people play that DC all the damn time without any punishment. I think they even mentioned that they only ban when people DC more than 40% of the time... Insane. People should have a timeout of 30 minutes for disconnecting from a match. Increase the timeout when they DC again after the timeout. I heard suggestions that disconnecters should only play with disconnecters to not ruin the game for people who actually want to play the game (kinda like salt mine concept from other games).

Also, 3v1 matches, 2v1 or even 1v1 which occurs sometimes should NEVER be a thing. If a survivor disconnects during the loading screen just end the game, put us back to the loading screen, refund addons and offerings and let's join another game. The game is just not balanced in the slightest way for a 3v1 match, even if there is one gen less to do that doesn't compensate for an entire team member at all. Also, when someone disconnects during a match the other survivors and the killer should be compensated for that. Refund offerings/addons, give survivors bloodpoints in the altruism category and the killer bloodpoints in the sacrifice category at least.

IMO the devs have to consider player's playtime when matching people. I can have 2000 hours in the game and be rank 10 and matched with people who have 20 hours in the game. That should never be a thing. They have to fix broken stuff in the game (ebony moris, noed, ds, swf) and bring killers to the same level so there is variety at rank 1 and less stupid tryhard ######### because that's why people disconnect, and tryhard stuff is definitely more common at rank 1 on both sides.

Comments

  • @Master said:

    @switch said:

    @Master said:

    @switch said:

    @Master said:

    @rafajsp said:

    @switch said:
    A simple fix,
    1st DC=15 mins ban
    2nd DC=30 mins ban
    3rd DC=45 mins ban
    4th DC=1 hr ban
    5th DC=2 hrs ban
    The devs need to face this issue, like it or not if they want to combat Dcing this is the ONLY way to stop ppl from dcing.

    I agree.
    Mostly games implement this queue.
    But still your numbers are low.
    If i was the game developer i would start with 15 min, then 1 hour, then 4 hours and finally 1 day.
    I doubt that survivor would DC again.
    2 hous for 5 DC is too low.

    Games can crash, you can DC by accident and all that stuff.
    Especially DBD which is a really buggy game cant have such high penalties for that reason.

    I think my numbers are fine and if you have to wait even a few minutes, people would think twice about DCing for stupid reasons (liek denying BBQ stack or sth)

    You dont get the point, they have a system to detected which was a crash and which was a disconnect.
    You think i will say that without knowing this issue ?
    I would want to hear how can you punish dc ?, not in this case how dbd does it cause they dont punish dc.

    Where do you get this from?
    Such a system doesnt exist. Only god can tell whether my PC crashed due to DBD or whether I just pulled out the power supply. Only god can tell whether my internet provider messed up again or whether I pulled out my ethernet cable :smile:

    Not sure what you mean with the second part

    They did went into specifics in one of their streams, i dont remember which so if you want try to find it.
    And it does exist, me and other ppl that crash from time to time not often get a message like "Do you want to send this info about the crash ..."
    The only time you cant tell the difference between a crash or a dc is when they go airplane mode.
    Lets not show the world how to bypass their system.

    You dont grant the average DBD player a lot of intelligence if you think that "the system" cant be abused

    Every system on the planet can be abused, there isnt one perfect.
    Its up to the player to find the weak links and get the info to the devs, and is their responsability to fix it.
    Plus soon(tm) they will have dedicated servers which will make their life 10x easier to find out what is a DC and what is a crash.
    plus i dont think the airplane mode works on dedicated servers since you lost connection not the host (server) might be wrong tho depends on the implementation.

  • @yeet said:

    @e8Lattice said:
    Killer doesn't like the epic super rare offerings you saved just for that special occasion . . . DC and bye bye offerings.

    like survivors even have worthwhile or rare offerings

    Well no that would require fair and consistent balance, oh no no NO we can't have that in a multiplayer game!

    lawl

  • @e8Lattice said:

    @yeet said:

    @e8Lattice said:
    Killer doesn't like the epic super rare offerings you saved just for that special occasion . . . DC and bye bye offerings.

    like survivors even have worthwhile or rare offerings

    Well no that would require fair and consistent balance, oh no no NO we can't have that in a multiplayer game!

    lawl

    survivors don't deserve overly powerful things when they're already so strong at their base yes

  • @Claudette_Baguette said:

    A lot of people disconnect during the loading screen so its a 3v1 or even 2v1. Then the rest of the people DC as well and you still lose all your offerings, addons, etc.

    -> Most times the game crashes while loading.

    Funny DC solution:
    Put the player back into the same match.

  • @Eveline said:
    Every community is cancerous. Live with it I guess. Multiplayer games are full of toxicness but for me nothing beats the overwatch toxicity.

    Lol, yeah. I played my first match of the 9th season on competitive mode, immediately uninstalled. No regrets.

  • @pemberley said:
    Eveline said:

    Every community is cancerous. Live with it I guess. Multiplayer games are full of toxicness but for me nothing beats the overwatch toxicity.

    Yeah. After years of playing Overwatch I am officially putting that game to pasture. 

    I know dbd has a lot of flaws but guys, dbd is such a leg up from Overwatch. Symmetra was my favorite hero in Overwatch and the sheer toxicity you would get for playing her, how jerks would false report and Blizzy would actually side with them, was downright miserable. 

    Also at least the dbd devs actually seem to listen and they continually update dbd. Unlike Blizzy who condescend and demean players because they know best, and they give a handful of balance changes once in a great while that are completely unbalanced. And every resource clearly goes into the stupid owl and not the actual game. 

    I can't believe I will say this, but Behavior is better than Blizzard when it comes down to balance. I feel dread every time I remember that Mercy rework. And Doomfist's release, and Bastion's rework.

  • @Unnamed_Freak said:

    @pemberley said:
    Eveline said:

    Every community is cancerous. Live with it I guess. Multiplayer games are full of toxicness but for me nothing beats the overwatch toxicity.

    Yeah. After years of playing Overwatch I am officially putting that game to pasture. 

    I know dbd has a lot of flaws but guys, dbd is such a leg up from Overwatch. Symmetra was my favorite hero in Overwatch and the sheer toxicity you would get for playing her, how jerks would false report and Blizzy would actually side with them, was downright miserable. 

    Also at least the dbd devs actually seem to listen and they continually update dbd. Unlike Blizzy who condescend and demean players because they know best, and they give a handful of balance changes once in a great while that are completely unbalanced. And every resource clearly goes into the stupid owl and not the actual game. 

    I can't believe I will say this, but Behavior is better than Blizzard when it comes down to balance. I feel dread every time I remember that Mercy rework. And Doomfist's release, and Bastion's rework.

    Nurse is still a completely broken character in the game for like 3 years. They actually buffed her when they tried to "balance" her... They made the worst chracter (Freddy) even worse with their balance update.

  • Game is incredibly broken than it has ever been before. It's dev's fault for not being able to make it balanced. We, players, don't have to play a game with a Legion running back and forth jumping pallets all around and making it impossible for survivors to even make a simple juke or stun him.

1 2 ›