What role do you main and do you play more pvm games or pvp games?
Out of pure curiosity what role in dbd do you play more of, survivor or killer? Also with that what is the majority of type of games you also play, pvm or pvp? I'm genuinely curious on this. I don't need to know the name of the games just what type of games if its pvm or pvp.
Comments
I'm fairly evenly split between survivor and killer and switch between the two depending on my mood.
DBD is the only PvP game I play. I used to be all in on PvP shooters, but whether it's slower reactions from hitting my 30s or just burnout, I ended up hating playing symmetrical PvP. Asymm like DBD allows me to compartmentalise the anxiety of winning or losing much easier, understand my mistakes better and generally bring a more positive mental attitude.
Outside of DBD I've been playing a lot of single player games, and my dabbling in multiplayer is co-op stuff with friends, so pretty much all PvM. I've learned to value the relaxation gaming brings over the hype and try to pivot away from any game the moment I start feeling negative about it, which is much easier in PvP. I still love a challenge, though.
Currently, I'm playing a lot of Mewgenics, and a recent PC upgrade has had me experimenting with heavily modded BG3, as previously I could only play that game via Geforce Now, to my shame.
About 50/50 for role but leaning more killer as of late. I used to play other pvps, all shooters, but this is the last one left. I never intend to play another one. Otherwise, I play horror story games, but dbd eats up most of my time.
grew up playing 80% esport, 20% RPG. I play both roles 50-50. I think I like Killer more but the queue times are bad on the west coast. I generally don't like waiting, I also don't take this game too seriously. It doesn't have ranked play, and balance by BHVR is laughable.
I think there's more skill expression in being a survivor. Killer can easily just tunnel and camp to secure kills.
I tend to split my roles equally. Generally depends if I have friends on. When my friends are on I'll play surv with them and if I'm solo I'll usually do killer. Mainly because playing soloq is just a consistently punishing and unpleasant experience.
As a rule I play about one half pvp games. Currently dbd and pubg. Not sure what pvm means but I'm assuming it's similar to pve. The third game I play is palia, which provides much needed relief and wholesomeness after playing such stressful pvp games. I also play single player vr games too but much less frequently.
I enjoy playing Survivor because of the variety of interactions.
Aside from DBD, it's mostly single-player games since most PvP games feel too competitive for me.
theres an ebb and flow, but I primarily identify as killer but to reach true mastery I play way more survivor. I need to sharpen my empathy by knowing how my actions impact others in order to maximize my killing potential.
when a new killer comes out I like to face them as survivor so I know how they feel for the other side. this was why I was adamant that people need to play more vecna