Chest Perk Idea

Property

When a Survivor starts searching a Chest, gain a Chest notification. (Like how Crows now have a Crow symbol when they scare Crows and you have Spies From The Shadows equipped.)

Why?
Survivors got Perks to do this secondary objective faster and benefit more from doing so.
Killers can't interact with these in any way except grab Survivors from them.
Time to grant them a Chest Perk! :p

Would make the Cut & Scratched Coin better Offerings too.

Comments

  • I dont think thats necessary since survivors usually sacrifice 2 slots for something that does not help in the chase or stealth. But i don't see any Killers using it either.
  • A killer shouldn't be pressuring chests. Someone who's going into a chest for an item is typically wasting time. It's more keen to just ignore people on chest unless you come across one and hit them or pull them off if you do. I highly doubt anyone would include a perk that gives chests notifications on their build and it would nullify the searching quieter part of Quentin's perk.

  • If survivors want to waste their time looking for chests then i'll gladly take it, honestly.
  • @Boss said:

    Property

    When a Survivor starts searching a Chest, gain a Chest notification. (Like how Crows now have a Crow symbol when they scare Crows and you have Spies From The Shadows equipped.)

    Why?
    Survivors got Perks to do this secondary objective faster and benefit more from doing so.
    Killers can't interact with these in any way except grab Survivors from them.
    Time to grant them a Chest Perk! :p

    Would make the Cut & Scratched Coin better Offerings too.

    The time it takes to search a chest actually loses you gen time as a result, even if you get the best toolbox. The chest perks are meant more for farming items/having a gimmick build. Although I cannot say a chest perk for killers couldn't be made i just don't think it would be worth using.

  • @fluffybunny said:
    A killer shouldn't be pressuring chests.

    I mean, that's an opinion.

  • Boss said:

    @fluffybunny said:
    A killer shouldn't be pressuring chests.

    I mean, that's an opinion.

    an opinion I really hope isn't in the minority
  • @artist said:
    Boss said:

    @fluffybunny said:

    A killer shouldn't be pressuring chests.

    I mean, that's an opinion.

    an opinion I really hope isn't in the minority

    You know i never brought up what a Killer SHOULD be pressuring, right?
    Cause it looks like you two thought i meant: Hey, you should now also patrol Chests.
    Like, no.

  • Boss said:

    @artist said:
    Boss said:

    @fluffybunny said:

    A killer shouldn't be pressuring chests.

    I mean, that's an opinion.

    an opinion I really hope isn't in the minority

    You know i never brought up what a Killer SHOULD be pressuring, right?
    Cause it looks like you two thought i meant: Hey, you should now also patrol Chests.
    Like, no.

    ok cool. then this perk should never exist.
  • The problem with this kind of perks, notifying the Killer of Survivors doing anything other than generators and Hex totems, are extremely situational. And even if implemented, it will be ignored by players because of it. Just look at Iron Maiden.
  • @artist said:
    Boss said:

    @artist said:

    Boss said:

    @fluffybunny said:
    
    A killer shouldn't be pressuring chests.
    
    
    
    I mean, that's an opinion.
    

    an opinion I really hope isn't in the minority

    You know i never brought up what a Killer SHOULD be pressuring, right?

    Cause it looks like you two thought i meant: Hey, you should now also patrol Chests.

    Like, no.

    ok cool. then this perk should never exist.

    Again, an opinion.
    Meanwhile, multiple Perks still exist that are less useful than this could ever be.

  • @PigNRun said:
    The problem with this kind of perks, notifying the Killer of Survivors doing anything other than generators and Hex totems, are extremely situational. And even if implemented, it will be ignored by players because of it. Just look at Iron Maiden.

    Hmm, that's a way better point actually.

  • Boss said:

    @artist said:
    Boss said:

    @artist said:

    Boss said:

    @fluffybunny said:
    
    A killer shouldn't be pressuring chests.
    
    
    
    I mean, that's an opinion.
    

    an opinion I really hope isn't in the minority

    You know i never brought up what a Killer SHOULD be pressuring, right?

    Cause it looks like you two thought i meant: Hey, you should now also patrol Chests.

    Like, no.

    ok cool. then this perk should never exist.

    Again, an opinion.
    Meanwhile, multiple Perks still exist that are less useful than this could ever be.

    that doesn't mean adding more useless perks is a good idea lmfao 
  • I know it's been brought up before but it was mentioned as offerings, what if we got a perk that generated trapped chests. These chests can explode with a noise notification and make them Hindered for 5 seconds, the Survivor can still loot the chest after opening, maybe the items have 25/30/50% less charges?

  • @artist said:
    Boss said:

    @artist said:

    Boss said:

    @artist said:
    
    Boss said:
    

    @fluffybunny said: A killer shouldn't be pressuring chests. I mean, that's an opinion.

    an opinion I really hope isn't in the minority
    
    
    
    You know i never brought up what a Killer SHOULD be pressuring, right?
    
    Cause it looks like you two thought i meant: Hey, you should now also patrol Chests.
    
    Like, no.
    

    ok cool. then this perk should never exist.

    Again, an opinion.

    Meanwhile, multiple Perks still exist that are less useful than this could ever be.

    that doesn't mean adding more useless perks is a good idea lmfao 

    Right, so i came up with a Perk that's not.
    Of course, to you it is, cause you wouldn't run it.
    And that's your opinion, that's fine. :)

  • Boss said:

    @fluffybunny said:
    A killer shouldn't be pressuring chests.

    I mean, that's an opinion.

    A valid opinion.
  • This perk seems really weak, survivors in the higher ranks usually bring their own items, plus this perk is VERY situational, in some games people will barely even look through chests. If you are chasing someone then this perk is near useless.

  • @The_Crusader said:
    Boss said:

    @fluffybunny said:

    A killer shouldn't be pressuring chests.

    I mean, that's an opinion.

    A valid opinion.

    Yup.
    And then it's up to them to run it or not.
    Doesn't mean it shouldn't come at all.

  • @JoyfulLeader said:
    This perk seems really weak, survivors in the higher ranks usually bring their own items, plus this perk is VERY situational, in some games people will barely even look through chests. If you are chasing someone then this perk is near useless.

    And this Perk isn't meant to help in chases, like multiple other useful Perks. :)

  • So far it's all negative though.
    Time for a change of heart and give up on this.
    I know when i'm beat. :p

    I still think Killers could do something with Chests though, but maybe have them have an effect without needing the Killer's attention, like hurting them once they're done searching.

  • @Boss said:
    So far it's all negative though.
    Time for a change of heart and give up on this.
    I know when i'm beat. :p

    I still think Killers could do something with Chests though, but maybe have them have an effect without needing the Killer's attention, like hurting them once they're done searching.

    I like the booby trapping chest idea, too.

  • @Boss said:
    Survivors got Perks to do this secondary objective faster and benefit more from doing so.
    Killers can't interact with these in any way except grab Survivors from them.

    Cough TOTH affecting 2nd objectives Cough

  • @Milo said:

    @Boss said:
    Survivors got Perks to do this secondary objective faster and benefit more from doing so.
    Killers can't interact with these in any way except grab Survivors from them.

    Cough TOTH affecting 2nd objectives Cough

    "to do THIS secondary objective"

  • @Boss said:

    @Milo said:

    @Boss said:
    Survivors got Perks to do this secondary objective faster and benefit more from doing so.
    Killers can't interact with these in any way except grab Survivors from them.

    Cough TOTH affecting 2nd objectives Cough

    "to do THIS secondary objective"

    .... my eyes suck im sorry.

  • @Milo said:

    @Boss said:

    @Milo said:

    @Boss said:
    Survivors got Perks to do this secondary objective faster and benefit more from doing so.
    Killers can't interact with these in any way except grab Survivors from them.

    Cough TOTH affecting 2nd objectives Cough

    "to do THIS secondary objective"

    .... my eyes suck im sorry.

    It's fine, if you were right, i would've corrected it. :)