Possible bug with GRIMOIRE voting?

I wanted to make a post about this because if it really is a bug, it feels like a pretty important one.

My brother and I both voted in the GRIMOIRE for the community-designed Killer and Survivor perks. Later, after I got home from work, we were talking about our choices and wanted to compare what we each picked.

That’s when I got a little suspicious.

When I went back to check my votes, some of the selections showing now were not what I remember choosing. My brother had the same issue on his end too, just with different perks. So this does not feel like one accidental misclick, or one of us just remembering wrong, because it happened to both of us separately.

For example, my brother wanted BOON: STEADFAST, because he likes bringing Shadow Step and said he would absolutely rather have another Boon perk than a token perk based on scaring crows. But when he checked, it showed that he voted for AVAUNT! instead. Especially since he said he doesn’t know what the tokens did because it wasn’t explained in the perk.

On my end, I know I voted for DESOLATION because I like perks that slow down healing, and that one sounded way more interesting to me than another gen regression perk.

I also voted for HEX: UNDER YOUR THUMB, because limiting Survivor Haste sounded unique and would have paired really well with other anti-speed effects.

And I voted for SALVATION’S CRY, because I was curious how that aura-sharing effect would actually work in matches and thought it sounded genuinely interesting. Instead, I am apparently down bad for pallet stuns, which I’m not because half the killers I face hard respect them anyways. If they know a pallet stun perk is in play, they’re always going to respect it.

But when I checked later, some of those were showing different options than what I know I picked.

What makes this stand out even more is that I noticed something similar during the last round of voting for the Killer weapon and Survivor cosmetic. When I went back and looked at those, some of my selections also seemed different from what I thought I had voted for.

At the time, I did not jump to the conclusion that BHVR was secretly rigging votes in some kind of Fog-based election scandal. I just assumed maybe I had not been careful enough, clicked too quickly, or misread something.

So this time, I made a point to be extra careful.

I took my time with each section, made sure I was not clicking anything else by mistake, and double-checked that each option I selected was the one I actually wanted before moving on.

Which is why it is so concerning to come back later and see some of those votes apparently changed anyway.

To be clear, I am not accusing BHVR of pulling DBD Watergate here. I do not think there is a secret vote-rigging operation happening somewhere in the basement of Ormond.

But I do think there may be a real bug.

Whether it is a visual issue, votes not saving correctly, the site displaying the wrong selected options after submission, or something else entirely, it seems like something in the voting process may not be working properly. And because this is for a community-designed Killer and Survivor, that is not exactly a minor issue.

I mainly wanted to post this to ask:

Has anyone else gone back and checked their GRIMOIRE votes and noticed that what is showing now does not match what they originally selected?

Because I’m not trying to wear a tinfoil hat here… but I am saying the ballot box may have been lightly brushed by the Entity.

If other people are seeing this too, I really hope BHVR investigates it.

Comments

  • Did you vote at work or are you guys using a VPN as it might keep track on it by ip's so if you voted at work it will not match the ip at your home and if your brother lives with you might see his votes when checking on them from that ip.

  • @Wezqu said:

    Did you vote at work or are you guys using a VPN as it might keep track on it by ip's so if you voted at work it will not match the ip at your home and if your brother lives with you might see his votes when checking on them from that ip.

    My brother was at home, on our WiFi voted on his iPhone. I was at work, voted on my own iPhone on a cellular network. We have no VPN, and two different phone plans.

    So it’s not like we voted and it some how changed because of it. Examples are like, we both voted for the Boon perk and only his was changed. We both voted for the split mori, and only his was changed. We both voted for the aura reading perk, and only mine was changed for pallet stuns. We both didn’t want another gen regression perk, and both of those were changed.