I am seeing revisionist thoughts on Freddy
Seen a few threads and comments this week that people do well with him, enjoy playing him or think he is actually more than OK or even good.
I have suspected this myself for some time as well as I always do quite well with him.
He is an invisible killer! That must count for something.
Definitely upper mid tier. Major rework NOT required.
Comments
What I am gonna say is No!
Because freddy is a terrible killer, he may be invisible but that allows the perks alert and ooo tell you
hey its freddy
even if you cannot see his aura
Also him being invisible is true, but you can see the grass shift like every other killer
and his power requires you to put players asleep before he is capable of doing the killers job of injuring a survivor
Thanks for reading my fellow killer/survivor
For reference, I don't play killer often enough to consistently hit rank 1, but I usually settle between 3 and 5 depending on how determined I'm feeling that month.
It's almost like they fear they could face something else than nurse or Billy on high ranks.
If i play as him, cubes.
Don't care how good the other Add-ons are, i'm not gonna wait 7 seconds for hits.
I never cared about the slow progression in the Dream World.
So other than his entire Power set, i think he's aight.
Freddy is not the best, he has the worst defence and awful offense which is why he has a bad reputation and most people suck with him. What those people might not understand is that Freddy is not an in your face Killer like everyone else, he is a strategist run-n-gun Killer.
You don't Transition someone and chase them, you Transition perferabley more than 1 person then chase someone. Freddy has the best ######### slap, Transition someone, walk away then chase them from the other side of the building and converge on their ######### face. Freddy is not straightforward, you need to be crafty because he has no offense or defense and that's why people suck as him. That doesn't make him bad, it makes him difficult.
Just think of the Wraith Cube. Hyped and a total letdown. Because they ignored the changes wraith mains proposed.
I know he is bad but anyway I play him because he is one of the most fun killers in the game IMO. I kill less people when playing Freddy than playing The Pig or Myers, but I don't mind because the reasons exposed.
I never seen anyone talk about Wraith, never knew he had a fanbase, what were the proposed changes? If you don't mind sharing of course.
The devs would buff him by doing a rework called the Wraith Cube. The rework ignored all suggestions of wraith mains. Instead they gave him the ability to see blood better. Simply a inbuilt bloodhound. To make chases of injured survivors more interesting.
To compensate this, they made his uncloaking slow him down. Resulting in mid chase cloaks being pointless.
It took them several months to rework the rework.
I really hope my boi Freddy gets some love, he's not as bad as some say but he definitely still needs work. I made a post a while back covering his entire power and all of his addons and how I would change them around a bit. I did have this idea though that as gens get done the time to sleep someone decreases so 5 gens- 7 seconds, 4 gens- 6 seconds, 3 gens- 5 seconds, 2 gens- 4 seconds, 1 gen- 3 seconds, all gens done- 2 seconds. Then we could rework his block addons to do something more useful such as a speed boost for 1, 1.5, 2 seconds after putting a survivor in the dreamworld similar to Wraiths windstorm. I could go on but then I'd be here all night/day. But yeah, Freddy isn't as bad as some say but he does need some nice buffs
Basically they wanted a killer who can tunnel.
It kinda isn't anymore. You have to be using a particular addon in order to see blood stains more brightly on Wraith, and even then it's only while cloaked still.
Wait isn't that Legion, a killer that can tunnel or was it Billy's or Freddy's?
Whoever tunnels with Freddy, is playing him wrong.
@Tsulan
Given what we said, wouldn't it be easier and better to just replace the RNG with something less BS for both while removing some of downsides and make it easier to mindgame by letting Freddy know if hes visible or not during the dream transition?
That way he can keep his few massive upsides while being less bullshit at times for both while generally stronger.
I don't see how a rework is the best option for him. Bubba and Legion needs them but not Freddy.
But yes, bubba and legion also need some love.
He is still a nightmare (no pun intended) to play against however due to this and the aura reading.
https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/41733/another-freddy-rework-idea/p1?new=1