2v8 Reveal the killer quest

Does anyone understand how this quest works? It seems random to me. I've played a few matches and will get a second added to the quest here and there at random times even though I'm revealing the killer a lot longer than the time awarded to me. I know it's only 15 seconds and will eventually complete it I just don't understand why I'm getting it some times and not others.

There must be some requirement I'm missing.

Comments

  • I played as scout and just kept running after the killer. It went really fast, and I completed the quest after just one match. I’m not entirely sure if this also works in 1v4. There used to be a small trick with the Twins: just place Victor somewhere and you can see his aura permanently. After a short time, the quest was done.

  • @StickyRice said:

    I played as scout and just kept running after the killer. It went really fast, and I completed the quest after just one match. I’m not entirely sure if this also works in 1v4. There used to be a small trick with the Twins: just place Victor somewhere and you can see his aura permanently. After a short time, the quest was done.

    That's so strange. I was scout too. Maybe there is a distance requirement for the aura.

  • Yes, was a bit random for me too.

    On PC first with Torchbearer, only got a few secs. Then as Scout got it in a few games.

    On PS5 with Dustin it didn´t work either way at all. Then i switched to another char and as Scout it worked in one game.

    I thought you need to reveal the aura to the whole team maybe.

  • Seems a little buggy, I tried Torchbearer and it didn't count to any progress after I know I had been shining on the killers for a number of seconds