Why do I get penalized when the game crashes?

my games crashed 3-4 times within the past 2 days. After it crashes and I get it back ip and running I have a penalty that stops me from playing the game and it lowers my rank. I understand why there’s a disconnect penalty but I figured it wouldn’t apply to instances where the game crashes.

Comments

  • Idk but as long as I played in such cases no penalty was for me

  • @axelotl1919 said:

    my games crashed 3-4 times within the past 2 days. After it crashes and I get it back ip and running I have a penalty that stops me from playing the game and it lowers my rank. I understand why there’s a disconnect penalty but I figured it wouldn’t apply to instances where the game crashes.

    For me when I get the error message "Dedicated Server has stopped responding" I normally do not get that penalty. All other causes yeah I do get it.

    Since their system cannot differentiate between server issues and connection problems and our machines crashing it treats them all the same. It would be so open to abuse otherwise, as all players would have to do is pull a cord etc. to get around the penalties.

  • @axelotl1919 said:

    my games crashed 3-4 times within the past 2 days. After it crashes and I get it back ip and running I have a penalty that stops me from playing the game and it lowers my rank. I understand why there’s a disconnect penalty but I figured it wouldn’t apply to instances where the game crashes.

    Because it cant tell.

    All it's programmed to do is, if you suddenly disconnected off a game, manually, forced or whatever, the game puts a dc penalty on you.

  • Crashes and closes out completely. The game probably thinks you are rage dcing. It doesn't know. If its dedicated server, than there is no penalty but that isnt really a "Crash" than just losing connection with the server and you get booted back to the lobby.

  • One thing I think they should remove is the silly "you have to click ready" thing they decided to add.

    if someone crashes and decides to not go back to game, next time they go to play they will get the penalty