I'm Just Done With It All
I'm going to be really honest I'm so so close to uninstalling. This community sucks at policing itself and honestly between that and the devs not listening to killer pain points while catering to some of the whiniest mfs on this side of reddit I'm just done.
I posted how one of the survivors I went against called me a pedophile in both EGC and my chat on twitch because I called the team out for being sore winners and surprisingly I had people come into the comments and defend what was said to me. "You tried and failed to tunnel." "You started it though." Were some of the things that were said.
Don't get me wrong I love this game. I would love to continue to play it I've spent a total of $300 on this game. But, this community man... For every wholesome interaction you get like 5 where you're told to off yourself in creative ways. You don't even have to win as the killer to get that kind of stuff. It can be a 4 man out where you played "fair" the entire time. It doesn't matter you queued up to play killer so you deserve to be told that you and your family should die.
Now I'm not saying that only survivors engage in this behavior because killers do it too it's just there are far more survivors so you see it a ton more from the survivor side. I really do love this game and want it to thrive but this game seems to attract some of the worst people out there. It seems no matter what you do someone will tell you to go die. Whether its, the perks you use, Charms you wear, the killer you chose to play. And the worst part of it is the behavior is seen as acceptable or just a part of the community.
And don't even get me started with the entitlement from some people in this community. The amount of people that go "Why didn't you let me escape/kill you" is really sad. The amount of x perk shouldn't have skill checks/ should be unlimited posts is sad. The amount of Henry is OP posts are sad. Like we can't even get a new killer without people bitching about them ever.
All I'm gonna say is people go way beyond plain banter all the time. There's a huge difference between "GG EZ, L Killer" And "######### PDF File T Slur." Ya know and the fact that both are treated with equal weight amongst community members is honestly extremely sad. I love this game and don't wanna leave but, I don't wanna deal with abuse because of whatever reason people use to justify it either.
Comments
call them JPEG, that will show them.
Lol that got a smile outta me thanks.
I mean, you post your stuff on a Forum and so you also have to accept that people might disagree with you or dont like what you write.
Should that person have called you that? No. But there is nothing to gain from posting it here. Just report and move on.
(And honestly - if your main point would have been to talk about what you have been called, I would be more understanding. But your main point in the other thread was that the players did not leave fast enough… And honestly for that - grow up. Waiting around the Exit Gates to teabag is childish, but getting mad about it is equally childish, especially because Killers have a way to deal with that by pushing Survivors out)
This community needs to get better at policing the BS. Again GG EZ is not the same as identity based attacks.
You can report them for the chat comments. BHVR have access to all that. Twitch, the devs obviously have no control over. Unfortunately, nasty comments come with putting yourself on a digital platform. The anonymity of the internet makes people feel brave enough to say things they'd never dare say to your face irl. Best option for in game is to keep endgame chat closed. And the online community is obviously free to complain, just as you're free to not read it.