This Event Sucks
Lanterns turn from red to yellow in less than 10 seconds on third hook. ######### stupid.
Lanterns turn from red to yellow in less than 10 seconds on third hook. ######### stupid.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
The killer side of the event was an afterthought.
They should stay red through the entire dying on hook animation. That would make the event waaayyy better. But at least they fixed the point system for killers so it's not nearly as bad now.
EXACTLY. I get cheated out of a lantern like 30% of the time.
Not to mention the bp points were weak compared to the other events.
I've wasted my life grinding out for this event.
If the hatch can't open earlier because it thinks a sacrifice hasn't fully completee then why do the lanterns turn back early?
Exactly. It's freaking stupid. I've had to carry survivors over to hooks with lanterns nearby. Then I have to pray I have enough time to smack the lantern before my 5 seconds are up and it turns yellow.
On another point, the spawning patterns for the lanterns are so random. More times than not, they all seem to spawn in one concentrated area with a few spawning near the middle-outside.
On a third point, when you reset a lantern (you hook a glowing survivor), it should aura highlight where the lantern respawned on the map. I have literally no idea where the lantern respawned when I hook a glowing survivor. I haven't even confirmed if lanterns can respawn on places already broken.
The devs don't know how to balance the game. They don't know how to balance events. They test things on rank 20 where everything is sunshine and flowers.
I assume its because events aren't tested at all? The only testing I think they do is the ptb and events aren't ever in ptb's.
They "fixed" Flashlights for a event. Turning them into something unavoidable.
They made event hooks sabotageble without thinking about the consequences.
An event where everyone had to play killer.
Etc.
I have that bug too. LMAO