BHVR cmon

while I’m very grateful your taking the feedback seriously but there’s a problem

Not every YouTuber or dbd influencer is 100% correct this update wouldn’t have killed the game

You could have still introduced the killer unique hooks and added some as is and balance from there


scrapping everything is just saying your bending the knee and caving to all pressure

I will say I’m happy the camping changes are coming and that is perfect, I feel the perk changes were fine they didn’t need to get reverted(except BS, OTR, Wicked)

Comments

  • @crogers271 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4030523#Comment_4030523

    Changing matchmaking has four problems given what BHVR has said / we've seen:

    1: To have a better matchmaker, you need to give it more time. More time means people sit in the lobbies longer.

    2: At the upper extremes you're just going to have Nurse/Blight and SWFs, and as you mentioned BHVR already decided not to go down that route for the blowback they received.

    3: Measuring skill in DbD is incredibly hard and they have said they didn't like the old rank system because it more measured how frequently someone played and not skill.

    4: BHVR has said that according to their data players are usually matched up pretty well based on MMR. Unless they are just lying about that, it requires them changing a system they think is working.

    Given all of those issues, I don't know how they actually overhaul matchmaking unless they changed their minds on one or more of those issues.

    Though I think it would be funny given how QoL has gone if they nudge the soft cap up a trivial amount after a long PTB and declare success.

    Yeah, past experience has told me not to hold my breath on proposed changes lol I suspect we'll have a repeat of the testing we had a number of years ago. They'll try a number of different changes over the course of a week or so, and ask us which feels better. I could be wrong but that's my expectation.

1 2 ›