"I may just stop playing if they don't fix..."

Not to be rude - i mean this in a genuine, inquisitive way, not a snarky sarcastic way - but what not just actually do it? That's what I did. Uninstall the game, and tell them in the uninstall survey what your complaints are. It's the most effective way of making your complaints heard

If you say you're gonna quit but then you keep playing, it just gives the message that "I might quit" is an empty threat. If you actually uninstall, and tell them why, and then refuse to play the game for a while, the live players numbers will go down and they'll have to reckon with the fact people are actually not having fun with the game.

"But I don't want to miss the event" that just sends the message that BHVR just need to spam you with FOMO events and you'll never leave no matter how bad things get (again, making "i might leave" an empty threat). If the game doesn't change in a way you like, you won't care anyway since you'll continue to not play, and if it does change than the positive changes should be more than enough compensation for your missing one event

Comments

  • Once the community became aware of the importance of the uninstall survey to the devs, I guarantee a chunk uninstalled specifically to make a point. But i also guarantee they reinstalled pretty soon after because they actually have no intention of leaving. I think when most people reach the point of leaving, they do it without fanfare or announcements, because their care factor is finally at zero. Falling player counts and less auric cell and DLC sales will always speak the loudest.

  • Because they're probably not going to, especially for all the tiny reasons that get tossed around. Any little change that happens and the drama queens are unleashed. People think if they spam these threats it'll make BHVR act. But if you're still bothering to complain about every little thing, then you're still invested. If I were to quit this game, I wouldn't make some obnoxious announcement for the internet. I'd just slowly drift away, like many of the friends I've made have already done.

  • Problem for many is that DBD is like a drug.

    You played some games with friends, had a good time and you are craving this feeling. The feeling to 4k a team which is much better than you or the feeling that your friends say it´s impossible to counter the Killer while you are doing the best outplays humnaity have ever seen.

    They go into the game, don´t get the feeling get miserable but still chasing this feeling.

  • I think the majority who say this line are all talk. They just want to feel heard or vent their frustration and never had any real intentions to leave. Even if BHVR never released another fix they'd complain but still find reasons to play.

  • Wish more people who DC on 5 gens or after first rescue just following this instead of throwing matches for others

  • @Leon_van_Straken said:

    Problem for many is that DBD is like a drug.

    You played some games with friends, had a good time and you are craving this feeling. The feeling to 4k a team which is much better than you or the feeling that your friends say it´s impossible to counter the Killer while you are doing the best outplays humnaity have ever seen.

    They go into the game, don´t get the feeling get miserable but still chasing this feeling.

    This is me. I'm mostly unhappy or frustrated with this game yet I continue to log on every night to hunt for those increasingly rare highs. Playing with friends is pretty much the only time I'm happy anymore, and that's less and less common.

  • @ratcoffee said:

    Not to be rude - i mean this in a genuine, inquisitive way, not a snarky sarcastic way - but what not just actually do it? That's what I did. Uninstall the game, and tell them in the uninstall survey what your complaints are. It's the most effective way of making your complaints heard

    If you say you're gonna quit but then you keep playing, it just gives the message that "I might quit" is an empty threat. If you actually uninstall, and tell them why, and then refuse to play the game for a while, the live players numbers will go down and they'll have to reckon with the fact people are actually not having fun with the game.

    "But I don't want to miss the event" that just sends the message that BHVR just need to spam you with FOMO events and you'll never leave no matter how bad things get (again, making "i might leave" an empty threat). If the game doesn't change in a way you like, you won't care anyway since you'll continue to not play, and if it does change than the positive changes should be more than enough compensation for your missing one event

    I’m pretty unhappy with the game and i probably play it twice a month now. Marvel rivals is just better at this point. At least my mains get cosmetics in that game

  • i'll still play i'm just pretty much going to be a survivor main now.

  • I enjoy the game, but I never play for hours on end and I know who not to play so I at least have a somewhat good time. I'm always switching between games so that helps too with periodic breaks.