Killer Feedback Q&A on Why Killers Uninstall the game
Please give ur Killer feedback on why would you uninstall the game and fill free to give experiences and Opinions.
This is a Judge free Zone and will be reported if a fight on Opinions begin. Please be respectful
Comments
Echo chamber - In this situation: Survivor mains that join a killer based forum post to cry in near unison with a slight delay causing it to echo in. Thus causing an echo chamber.
In all seriousness that survivor mains don't understand without killers you would have no matches or very few with the little amount of killers left. I really don't understand why survivor mains are like this.
😆😆
Btw thank you all for 50 Comments. This maybe the most commented post I've ever made so thank you all so much
they've been buffing survivors constantly since 6.1.0 and survivors need to have crippling nerfs in order to go back to being balanced or at least more fair
The number of killer specific bugs
Survivor entitlement and toxicity post game
Gen speeds
Nerfs to anti heal and buffs to healing
Nonsensical proposed ptb changes (xeno, artist, cenobite, etc)
Data driven changes done without looking at reasons why (survivor ship/plane bias. Not survivors in game btw)
Making add one partially basekit and making the add on therefore useless and worse than before
Out of touch devs (why pallets on the game moment)
Loss of lore
Bad changes to perks: Franklins, M&A, and proposed furtive chase
Weaker killers falling further and further behind.
Every killer "buff" has a corresponding nerf (see dracula), while survivors get flat perk buffs
I was just commenting on how all of this feedback is likely irrelevant since Behavior will not review and critically think about it… was not meant as an insult so it's interesting how that's the conclusion you jumped to.
This is just the opinion of one dedicated DBD player.
While killer can be tough and survivors can be intense to deal with what with their second chance perks, gen rushing and toxicity.
I personally feel like when it comes to this game, a LARGE majority of killer players (non casuals) don't really spend the time to pick a killer they like and actually get to know them properly, learn them, understand them and select builds that genuinely compliment them.
A huge amount of players approach killer like, oh whats the meta perks, pain res, dead mans, and just dumps it on any killer they play. I firmly believe any killer in DBD, be them a tier or d tier, has unique assets that can pair with meta or even off meta perks and when you ask, whats the best build for a killer. Meta doesn't mean best, meta literally means most efficient, and most popular.
A few examples.
I don't play legion, but you will commonly see the Enduring Spirit Fury build on him right now, cause it actually makes him viable.
For killers I do play
Doctor is a c tier killer, but my hex build on him, which centers around protecting devour, is very hard to counter because of the nature of the doctors power.
Even moreso, for all the complaints about the pallet density update, how important tunneling is and how bad gen rushing is and you needing 4 slowdowns. I am a Wraith main, and my current build is literally just enduring, spirit fury, brutal and hubris. I recently went on a 28 game win streak with it without tunneling in any of my games.
No slowdown
No tunneling
In spite of the pallet density update
As a b tier m1 killer.
I'm not saying all of this to ego on people or call other people bad. I'm saying this cause while the game is a bit survivor sided right now, I truly think peoples approach to DBD as a killer player is often misguided, relying more on meta perks and strategies rather than learning to understand the strengths and weaknesses of the killer you play and how to elevate them into something you can use against most players.
I sincerely believe you can do this with most of the killers in the game, if you spend the time to properly learn your killer and test builds to find ones that blend well with the killer, and your playstyle.
This is shockingly true.
Killer is not a one-size-fits-all role. You have to dedicate some time to learning your craft.
killer bugs, gameplay beginning to feel very stale and "forced" to play in the "correct" way in order to not be harassed. (DBD's the reason i set my profile on steam to private.) Lack of power originality. etc. overall killer isn't really all that fun as it used to be.
I was just being funny and pointing out a certain problem that I couldn't understand at the same time wasn't meaning to offend.
The biggest reason imo for killers to uninstall is just that the devs don't appear to care about the quality of the killer role.
They'll make tons of perk basekit for survivor to help them out. But for killers, you'll be lucky if they give you 50% of one of the only good addons a killer has basekit just so they can nerf that addon.
I left because I was tired of being harassed and stalked by survivors that don't like how I play I paid for the game why should I have to play around them.
Why the heck did I get down voted lmao
As a Trickster main, and enjoyer of such killers who lack love such as Onryo and Skull Merchant:
I am sick of an environment where everyone looks at singular issues happening, and say it isn't a big deal.
-Anti slug bothering me? Just don't slug, great solution!
-Anti camp being a bother? Alright, I won't camp.
-Loops being a problem? Learn looping better, understandable.
-Gens going too fast? There are perks for that, so I guess that's ok.
-Body blocking survivors? Just hit the survivor and move on or change chase, yeah that's fair.
Now let's put these together in a common scenario, about every 3/5 games or more.
I find a survivor and chase the survivor. There are plenty of perks the survivors get to move faster than me for majority of the chase along with pallet density. That alone makes me chase 1 survivor long enough for 2, 3, very very rarely 4 gens to get done, but very often 2 to 3. I can end chases early as Trickster with my knives this is true, but only if I can land the knives, that's a 50/50 based off map and survivor knowledge. So I finally down the 1 survivor after 2 to 3 gens are done, no gens near me being worked on so I can't just kick one, but that isn't the problem. The problem is there is more often than not a survivor right around the corner. Flash stun, pallet stun, flashbang, everything they can do. Body block to hook, literally so much to factor in just to get a survivor to the hook to hook them the first time. Now, the game is half done, I need to find another survivor to chase and can't camp (I don't anyways except "proxy camp" which that's not even true because I often am within 20 meters, even 15 meters, before someone gets unhooked). Now if I find that survivor again (which would already be tunneling), I have to chase him for another 2 to 3 gens time span assuming he's fully healed (probably will be) to even get a second hook.
That's even speaking very, very, VERY broadly not even taking apart individual survivor perks that make this even more unreasonable for me. I don't WANT to play nurse, i don't WANT to play blight, so i WON'T play them, and I will instead simply stop, because I play to enjoy the character I enjoy and not to sweat over and over and over again. The other 2/5 games I play I still have to play overzealous and it shoots my nerves into being in physical pain like I'm playing a fighting game and trying to do hard inputs too much.
I've said it before, I will continue to say it: One of the biggest fixes we can get as killers is have a base kit additional aura, let's call it "menace" aura or something I don't know. Make it 2 to 5 meters, make it so if 2 or more survivors are within your menace aura, survivors within your menace aura gain exposed, THAT would be a solution to body blocking. You want to run into my face and pile on me so much that all 3 other survivors are locking me in place so 1 can get away? You get punished for running your face into THE KILLER, the POWER ROLE.
I uninstalled about two weeks after the myers rework because i got tired of being told to KMS, being called slurs, and other such abuse just because i wanted to win a game or two. Or if i do bad, i get told to uninstall, or previously mentioned abuses just because i lost.
I don't even have 150 hours in DbD and im being matched with people with 1-2k hours because i had one good game, get bodied, tbagged at gate, ect. It's just an endless cycle of hate that i just didn't want to be a part of, and now i'm watching from the sidelines as it just gets progressively worse.
I feel you deeply on that. I was harassed for just playing a Killer i never played before and won that match (it was Demogorgon)
Ur not alone
Here's my experience.
I don't really have a main, because I play whoever I like at the moment, and I don't camp/tunnel/slug, so the update won't really change how I play.
However, I'm starting to avoid playing weaker killers lately, because you can feel the powerless ever since the pallet density update. Even with strong killers like Dracula I have to bring Brutal Strength to make it more bearable.
Currently I'm trying to main Spirit, because she's fun and can at least mindgame at pallets. Maybe I'll try to P100 her in near future (Now sitting at P23)
Im a Unknown main and i want P100 for so long and hes sitting at p34/35 and it feels like you cant do anything at times
The thing that makes playing killer worth playing, (at least to me), is the challenge it provides with it being 1v4 and ability to play favorite killers from all sorts of media as well as original dbd characters, however while I like a challenge, I also care just as much that it's a fair game, and it's frustrating how matches can end so quickly because how broken gen perks are for survivors, to the point 2 gens can go off when you just started the match, and while this dosen't happen every game for me, that dosen't mean that this isn't a issue, and the same can be said for the stacking of healing perks, being able to instantly heal yourself as a survivor makes the work you put into pressuring them completely useless and can easily makes you lose that motivation to even try and get the survivors, because it feels like your not making any progress to win, I'm competitive but I'm not a sore loser, I'm ok if the other team wins but only if it's again FAIR. I don't like how this game tends to punish killers for out smarting survivors or for even making a effort to actually win, especially with the recent PTB, if the features in the PTB go live there literally is no point to playing killer, unhooking yourself within 20 meters of the killer is crazy and you'll get punished just for walking by especially the map is smaller, ability to pick yourself up is ok but the speed at which they can is too fast, I get behavior doesn't want slugging but in a competitive sense there will be times you'll need to especially if it's like a team of survivors staying close to one another and have like flashlights waiting for you to pick there team up by a pallet just for you to have the pallet dropped on you then blinded and now the killer ends up with nothing but lost time and process to get a survivor out of the game, being able to see the killer's aura is broken especially in a team of survivors that is talking to one another on like a group chat or whatever. I really hope they don't add those features in the game, playing killer was already at a disadvantage to begin with, with it being a literal 1v4 game, were the killer has to outsmart and win against the odds, but with theses changes, outsmarting and playing well isn't enough!, you'll have to all the effort looping, breaking walls/pallets all for just your 1st hit then do it all over again, for you 2nd hit and down them but if they have like dead hard or whatever that protects you, you gotta do a 3rd around of chasing and doing all this just to get 1 PERSON! out Of the 4! and by the time you got that survivor and hook them, gate opens and they escape and you end up with nothing but wasted time, very frustrating. Thank you for my ted talk lol (side note cause i forgot, the level of pallets on maps is overwhelming bad and to many.)
I could give a laundry list, but I want to give one big reason.
Literally Decisive Strike. After the survivor with it is unhooked, for 60 seconds, whats the best way to deal with DS as a killer? If you guessed slug the survivor to waste the duration of their DS and also to waste that survivors time so that survivor can't do gens or have some other form of pressure like bodyblocking or flashlight saves, you are correct.
As thats not the killers fault, that is the killer literally playing around a perk in simutaneously the best and worst method, especially if the killer know the survivor has it from a prior experience that match. That isn't fun gameplay for killers, and its not for survivors who don't have DS but the killer thinks they might have it because one of their teammates has it.
I’ve been playing Dead by Daylight since 2018, mostly as a survivor, until about two years ago when I decided to give killer a try and honestly it was the worst experience I’ve had in the game. It was so frustrating that I ended up uninstalling DBD altogether. Playing killer made me realize just how many flaws exist on that side of the game and it completely killed my motivation to play both killer and survivor.
By the time I’m setting up traps or just walking around the map looking for survivors, one or two gens are already done. Chasing a survivor for even one minute basically means losing a generator - it’s that punishing. We are obligated to use the same perks to hold back the gens for a little bit.
The game already had a decent amount of pallets, but the recent “pallet density” update made everything worse. Some matches feel like all I’m doing is breaking pallets the entire game. For certain killers like Hag (who I love) there’s just no real counterplay anymore.
Windows, flashlights, lockers, toolboxes, medkits - all fine on their own, but when combined with perks and newer updates, it becomes a nightmare for killers, especially in high MMR. And that’s another issue: high MMR eventually hits everyone, even newer killers. So we end up facing extremely experienced survivors who are practically untouchable and sometimes you can’t even get a single hook in an entire match.
I know some people will say “But I can 4K without Nurse or Blight!” good for you man but that’s not the point. Most newer players are forced to use killers like Dracula, Nurse, Blight or Krause because they actually have map coverage. Other killers just can’t compete even after nerfs on the strongest killers. As a result every match feels the same, with the same small killer pool being used. Beginners pick these killers because otherwise it’s nearly impossible to make hooks. The recent PTBs only made this worse, making strong survivors even stronger while leaving killers without mobility in the dust. And this discourages newer survivors to play the game for long because the matches are repetitives. It's a snowball effect.
The survival aspect of DBD is fading away because healing feels more like an adventure game mechanic now - you just pop an item and voilà, instantly healed. Slower killers can’t reach survivors in time to interrupt healing anymore, even though that’s supposed to be part of the game’s balance. On the PTB killers were literally punished for that.
I could go on but these are the main reasons why I stopped playing DBD. The killer experience just doesn’t feel fair or fun anymore which affects the survivor experience as well. And I do recommend to people that only play survivor: give killer a chance and you'll find the issues.
Didn't uninstall, but stuff that makes me think about it:
Insanely toxic survivors: If they had a bad game, they'd dc in degrade me in endgame chat either for playing a certain killer or because the game wasn't going how they want it, and tell me things like to "krill myself" over a VIDEO GAME. If I'm the one who had a bad game, they t-bag at exit gates, stalling the time so that it wastes my time unless I go there and watch them t-bag, and them still degrading me in endgame chat, calling me a "baby killer", "ggez", etc. It would be these kind of games I play for fun and I try my best to avoid tunneling and slugging if it's not needed, and yet I would still get bullied for playing the way the survivors want me to play.
Pallet Density: With the pallet density update came with a lot of structures to maps. I was a huntress main at the time, loved the character, and soon deterred away from her because she feels so much weaker. Not to mention because she's 4.4, survivors can extend the use of pallets that she can't throw over, wasting more time for me than usual. Even if I dropped chase to go find another survivor, a gen or two pops, and the cycle repeats itself, until the end of a match with 4 hook stages. She went from a killer I would probably spend 3-5 hours playing per session to a killer I don't even wanna touch anymore cuz I know I'm gonna lose as soon as I hit ready.
Gen Speeds: Absolutely PEAK game design where a chase that could last about a minute and a half to two minutes can lead to 2-3 gens popping. Somehow that's efficient for survivors and that's all fine and dandy, but I tunnel to apply pressure so that I have a CHANCE to bring back the game, suddenly I'm a tunneling a**hole who deserves to die irl.
Game Design: The fact that in order to win as killer you need to heavily rely on gen slowdown is abysmal. If I want to win, I have to use perks like pain res, hex: ruin, pop, corrupt, etc. It gets repetitive and boring playing the same way just to win. As I said before, even if I play in a more casual way avoiding meta perks, I get steamrolled and the game ends before 5 minutes and I couldn't even use my perks. Meanwhile on survivor, there are so many playstyles to choose from that it keeps the game fun and fresh for me. Why would I choose to run full gen slowdown every match just to lose when I could be playing a fun build on survivor?
I love this game, I've invested a lot of hours and money in it, and I hope that it never dies out. But with the direction the game is going, where the devs only listen to the survivor pov and ignore the killer's side, I'd give it maybe a year after the 10th year anniversary.
I'm too damn competitive, so I'm always playing multiplayer games.
Honestly the reason I still play this game is because Wesker and Castlevania's Dracula are available as killers the same way I've played Smash Bros Ultimate A LOT when Sephiroth got in.
Also DbD is an unique game at some gameplay points that you don't find in other multiplayer/games as service.
BUT I'm getting tired of A LOT of things that keep happening between the four years I play this game and they are getting to a point that I'm definitely uninstalling if a couple more drops are added to this already filled bucket.
-The total obliviousness from BHVR about their own game is the major issue that causes A LOT of the other problems. They clearly lie when they say they are in love for this game because I doubt most of them have more than 20 hours of gameplay.
-The now obvious bias toward survivors. These latest months we got more and more proofs of this. We have a lot of issues regarding this like WoO BY FAR being the most used perk in the entire game and it still doesn't have something like a cooldown after a vault or pallet drop while the most used killer perks keep getting gutted from time to time.
-The damn gens perks and toolboxes that can still stack to each other and NOTHING is being done about this. Rushing gens is such a stupid and braindead strategy that any moron can use and survs still think that if they beat you with this is a skill issue on the killer's end.
-All killer perks being mediocre while survs have A LOT of good ones.
-Cheaters: BHVR refuses to make all actions server-sided and buy the license for the better EAC. I never faced a killer that I was suspicious was cheating, but survs… DAMN!
-Killer bugs that goes FOR YEARS.
-Can't use fun builds. If you don't run meta you'll definitely lose, specially after this atrocious pallet "QoL".
-Always having to improve as killer while survivor gets more braindead with each update to a point you can't improve enough to get to the same pace.
-WHY there are still bully squads?! There's LITERALLY a bully team in Asia that play almost everyday 10 to 12 hours just to bully killers and they stream this! God damn it!
Aside from the first item the rest is not in a order of importance per say.
I've seen more blatantly cheating survivors this year than all past years put together and I've been playing on and off since the game launched. Can't go a single day without having at least one match ruined. Often it's the first match of the day.
A lot to unpack here…
- Being at high MMR is honestly miserable. Loading into a game is very stressful and your mental can often feel immediately destroyed as soon as the map gets picked.
- ^Continuing this point, indoor maps are not fun to play for most killers. Examples of this are Lery's on killers such as: Huntress, Deathslinger, Singularity, etc etc. Another issue is atrocious map hitboxes, where killers like Bubba, Demogorgon, Hillbilly can bump into shin-high objects or straight-up invisible walls.
- Competent survivors can easily last for a while in chase if you aren't playing an A+ tier killer, making you feel forced into playing losing matches (unfun for the whole match duration), or swapping off a killer you enjoy just to get a 3/4k match.
- Recent map generation changes (pallet density) has furthered this issue, as already strong killers do not care about these changes, whereas the weaker ones get punished way way harder.
- Toolboxes and genrush builds are still very strong, whereas generator control seems to slowly get nerfed and nerfed (The gen-kicking limit has done irreversible damage to this game, in my opinion)
The game just overall feels like a chore to play at this point. I've installed and uninstalled this game more times than I can count, HOPING that Behaviour make the correct steps to make their game more enjoyable & balanced for both sides, but they just refuse to do so.
One of these days I was gonna end my DbD play and then realized that this stupid loud noise when The Entity claims a surv bugged out and nothing was playing in it's place.
I've decided to play until I got to sleep to enjoy it as much as possible.
This isn't even everything, this is still somehow the short version, there is just way to much to go into about this game and where it's going wrong, but this is a few of my reasons.
At this point with the handholding and all the systems in place it's not fun playing Survivor or Killer, DbD is like a wound that instead of getting the treatment it needed, the devs just slapped a plaster over it, and instead of even changing it they slapped another on top, and more and more, so now the wound is rotten and infested with a large stack of filthy bloody plasters all stacked up on top of each other. I don't think this game will ever recover as it feels like the problem is at it's core, and instead of focusing on that they have put so many patches in the game that it will probably break the moment they even try to remove a few.
One thing that really upsets me is that it seems that Killer players aren't seen as paying customers when we buy the game too. It feels like my time, effort and money aren't respected. The fact Killer mains had to create their own survey speaks volumes to the utter neglect and perhaps even spite the devs have for the role, like Killer isn't something they even wanted in the game, but couldn't escape having if they wanted to call themselves an A-SYM. All the cosmetics in the world will never replace actually feeling rewarded and happy when logging into a game you love.. BHVR.. You must acknowledge your Killer role mains, the path you are currently on has factually killed previous A-Sym's. You must give BOTH sides a game that is fun, fair, and rewarding for the time and money BOTH sides give. You must get people who play Killer mains on the team to balance out the obviously plentiful survivor mains at your studio so that BOTH sides get their voices heard and issues resolved. Because at this point BHVR, you're making it legitimately psychologically detrimental to play the killer role.
#1 Vecna Main Refined On Killer Anxiety: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aq5OJE97HE4
Queue times, toxicity towards killers, game balance being in favour of survivors, monetization…
1. Toxicity - survivors blaming killers for using strategies to win the game. If a strategy is allowed/encouraged by the game blame the game not the player using them.
2. Balance - patches throughout the years always been helping out survivors more than killers. My favourite killer was Huntress which got indirectly nerfed by map changes (tall objects density increased, making it harder to long range snipe etc. balance team should have at least compensated by removing her movement speed penalty.)
3. Queue times are a byproduct of the game's direction.
4. Monetization
A - Buy the game = Normal!
B - Buy DLC = Okay.. they are so many though…
C - Buy cosmetics = A bit overkill now.. i bought the game.. bought many DLCs.. now buy cosmetics for each DLC too???
D - Battlepass = ?!?!?!??!?!!??!?!?!?! After everything above ?!?!??!?!?!?!
1 - Uninteractive/Overtuned Survivor Perks/Items/Add-ons. Vigil as a Perk existing screws over all Status Effect Killer Perks, and by itself also Buffs the existing Exhaustion Meta ontop of that, Toolboxes and BNPs existing, Deliverance and Luck-Stacking are unhealthy as they punish spreading hooks, Sabo, Flashlights, and a lot of other perks force you to Slug.
2 - Taking Years for Minimal Improvements to Killers that need it, like Add-on Passes or Minor buffs, bug fixes, i think 90% of the Killer Roster could be massively improved with minimal attention from the Devs.
3 - Toxicity and normalized Bullying in Endgame Chat, with all the statistics BHVR has they should know how much toxicity there exists, but its largely ignored, even Validated or Encouraged by making them feel righteous to mistreat another Player simply cause of how they played the game, especially in the 1v4 environment where 4 people can gang up on the opposite side of 1 person, most of the time even when they win, this adds to the Killer Anxiety a lot of people struggle with.
Killer Anxiety, struggling through a full match to be met with 'Colourful' words is real demotivating, you feel Pressured to Perform well, and regardless of your performance you are likely to face some scrutiny in Endgame chat, 'You Tunneled' (Even if you Didn't) 'You Slugged' (Even if they Forced you to) 'Overpowered, no-skill Killer' (Regardless of what Killer you play), or using your P100 as a way to insult you, like 'Wow you are P100 and lost?' (Cause if you P100 Trapper that means you can now only 4k with him, or face insults, cause u can not be any less than perfect, and you must play by their rules.)
Overall as a Community we need to do better.
4 - Balancing the game around Top 10% Killers, and the other 90% of Killers simply get the Short end of the stick, cause Blight and Nurse are problematic, just nerf them, its stupid to work around the issue instead of solving it, could make Nurse unable to see Aura while hovering/using Power, and make Blight lose Tokens when breaking Pallets, just some ideas.
5 - Disconnects nearly every match, you can disconnect so many times before a penalty, and even if you get the penalty it starts at like 5 minutes, it Screws over both the rest of the Survivors, and the Killer who has to clean up after everyone cause they cant Abandon unless all 4 Survivors DC.
6 - Constant Bugs, Mindbreaker was Bugged, basically did nothing, so you update to 'Fix' Mindbreaker and now it gives infinite Exhaustion and you Killswitch it cause of your own failed Bugfix, and then its been Killswitched for over a month now, and Knight had Bugfixes in the PtB which didn't FIX anything and only made him MORE bugged.
7 - Double Standards on Efficient playstyles. ('Genrushing' is just being Gen-Efficient, which is the Survivor Objective, 'Tunneling' is just being Kill-Efficient, which is the Killer objective, no one is Evil or Toxic for doing either.)
8 - Ignorant and Tone-deaf responses. (The Recent PtBs, Streams and stuff like the 'Streetwise' situation)
9 - Objectively Terrible Surveys recently.
The fact this post got so many downvotes is another example of why this Community is in such a terrible spot, probably due to BHVR validating the Us vs Them stuff lately, i just don't see how someone sees this Post and feels the need to downvote it.
The Recent PtBs and Delays are a massive waste of resources cause nothing has improved cause of it, the PtB is a complete miss, Blight/Nurse will still be Strong, SWFs will be stronger, Solo Queue barely improved, and the other 90% of Killers experience will be terrible.
Its not complicated, Nerf the strongest Killers (Blight / Nurse mainly), improve the Solo Queue experience (Chat-Wheel, Teammate Perks Visible), then balance the game from there, you can then nerf the busted Survivor stuff, and buff Mid Tier and Lower Killers.
As someone who does not play strong Killers and plays Solo Queue on Surv, the future seems very grim, the PtB changes fail on all fronts, i have not uninstalled, but i have already finished the Rift, so for the next couple months i probably wont boot it up, with the current game direction i lack the motivation to actively play.
i already have, since 2023
the entire game has been on a downhill slope of getting less and less fun since 2021 and while matches use to be fun and engaging now every match is the same sweatfest of 4man claudette squads all with the same 4 perks and flashlights
i play games to have fun, there is nothing fun about getting your teeth kicked in every single match. is it a skill issue? yes, because i'm a student and dont have endless amount of time to dump into a game. SBMM/MMR was the straw the broke the cammels back for me, DbD is not designed to be a competative game but you keep trying to make it so
even before i quit for good, i was waiting 15 minutes for a single match often times to be put into a full P3 (before P100 was the cap) gang and looking at a spreadsheet to balance perks and killers does nothing to combat the handholding the survivors get as well as the bloat of new perks each DLC adds. back when i started playing there was 16 killers and 36 DLC locked perks (for killers) which was a lot but realistically achievable to get all of them. now theres 111 DLC perks that most new players will never get and all the "meta" perks require paying to make winning easier.
tldr: the game is miserable, its not fun and if you're broke good luck getting the 111 paid perks
I stopped playing because skill expression on the killer side became irrelevant. Your skill doesn't matter as killer, the survivors' and what tier the killer you pick does. If I win as killer it's not really because I was good it was because the survivors were bad or made some very severe misplays. I see no reason to play anymore because I don't feel myself evolving over time with different killers.
im a fairly new player with around 700 hrs in the game. I started playing this year and have been playing for maybe 3 or 4 months? I originally started playing GF and Xeno. As updates came out however, Xeno was nearly butchered no reason and GF feels so unnecessarily rough due to the pallet density update and being revealed behind literal walls due to bugs and SURVs 3rd person camera. So I gravitated towards playing surv more and went from 50-50 to 70-30. Now I occasionally play Wesker, Ghoul, and Dracula. Even then I can barely get downs before 1 gen pops. On anything weaker than those it could be 1-2 gen pops before I win 1 chase. Killer makes my blood pressure rise it is that stressful. Meanwhile survivor is so much easier and actually fun. Sure the teammates may be trash sometimes but having good tutorials would fix some of that. There should be tutorial games for new players that force them to play as Dwight with Bond and Deja Vu equipt so you explain basic concepts: don’t run into active gens while in chase, keep an eye out for teammates in chase, don’t unhook next to killer, don’t heal under hook with ensuring you can make it away after. New players aren’t taught any of this by the game and either learn it themselves or through content creators.
In addition, the maps just suck. Corn can’t be stalked through and makes it hard to see. Some plants can’t be walked through like bamboo but other can be walked through. Many short killers have no compensation for half the screen being plants! Could we get an opacity pass on plants if you are standing directly in them? There’s maps with no line of sight breakers that hurt GhostFace and other stealth killers while also hurting SURVs against Nurse. Some maps are unnecessarily large, while others are too small or hard to navigate.
As a survivor I don’t run 2nd chance perks and find it more fun and challenging that way. There’s a difference in looping a killer for 2-3 gens with 2nd chance vs without and doing it without is so much more rewarding. There’s nothing more fun than being able to dodge Weskers that know the techs. It’s a true test of ability.
For all the "handholding" the devs claim they do for killers, killers don't get huge sweeping changes to the very basic fundamentals of the game because they get mad at the game for refusing to change, adapt, or get better at the game.
The game has become fundamentally unfun for killers, every game is one giant sweat fest to ensure you even begin to have a chance to win, whereas for Survivor I can turn my brain off and just AFK at generators and still have a chance to escape.
The mechanics have completely flipped in favor of the survivor role, and the developers prove time and time again they prefer to cater to the survivor role, completely ignoring the fact that without making the game fun for killers as well; you wont have a game
Simply i don't feel like a threat i have been playing for like 2 weeks maybe and i thought i would be the one hutting instead im just a inconvenience the survivors can easily maneuver around i can get some kills but even then its not rewarding since its such a headache and then i get ######### one by the survivors for using tactics they find toxic? I play 1 game a day since its just piss me off. i wanted to scare people but apparently i have a big red light telling everyone where im looking that's a big shame. the reward is not even worth it.So if i dont have a good reward at least make the gameplay fun. why as a killer im so powerless, my mistakes can end a game in 8 or 10 mins and if i use the good tactics the game will take 20 to 30 mins until the survivors mess up something i can take advantage of. IM THE HUNTER. most of the times i just open the game think about playing it then i close the game after realizing its not worth it
I'll throw in my two cents too.
I've been playing since the 6th anniversary with most of that being towards Killer (I still play survivor, P100 Steve). If this upcoming stream discussing the 9.3.0 PTB doesn't give me even a sliver of hope I will begin to slowly distance myself from the game, as it's starting to damage my already fractured mental state. My reasons being as follows:
To quote JC on this topic: If you want the killer to not do something, give them a good enough reward for not doing it! IT'S NOT THAT DIFFICULT TO UNDERSTAND!
I will stop here as I feel like my wall of text is big enough and any other reasons I could conjure up have already been covered by those before me. My main hope is either for the devs to wake up and realize what they're doing has killed all their competitors, or for a separate dev team who knows what they're doing to give them competition so they can get their ######### together. We don't want this game to die, we just want it to be better.