Any changes to improve lobbies being filled with skill mismatching?
I am honestly a survivor main but I'm feeling bad for some of the killers I get put with, over last few days I've had multiple killers saying in EGC its their first time playing the killer (over five times I can remember just this week) and a lot have had under 100 hours (i have 5k)
The main thing in common these matches have that i have noticed is that in the lobby the killer will dodge and leave the lobby and we will wait a few minutes as killers enter and leaves before the game starts.
in my opinion this could be helped by not letting lobby dodging to occur so the matches MMR is properly calculated, by hiding survivors and usernames from the killer in the start game lobby so killer cant see WHO they are versing and possibly dodge based on cosmetics or user profile / hours played.
(but keep items visible for the argument that people will pick perks around items)
that way people cannot just leave a lobby based on someone's profile because you cant see it, but you also are not forced to use annon mode because you may want people to know your username AFTER the match.
I'm curious on everyone else opinions on this though, I'm sure this is a more common issue but I only notice when killer talks in egc, also could just be a smaller region as I am Australian
Comments
Yeah the devs said years ago that lobby dodging creates mismatched lobbies because the system starts prioritising waiting time over accuracy. Unfortunate that it's still occurring to this day (it's even worse nowadays imo).
Very simple explanation for this. While lobby dodging is part of it, You are also seeing more 'new' killers cause veterans are quitting the game en masse. That or they switch to S or A tier killers. Even big name streamers straight up say they wouldn't be playing DBD if they didn't make money of its content.
We can confirm there is a killer shortage by looking at who gets BP bonus in Queue right now. Killers, which only had it for about 1% of the time in the entire existence of BP bonuses. Obviously there is something up there ;)
Since there is a BP bonus, that in turn will also attract survivor mains to play some killer. So you have a much bigger pool of new/bad killers right now.
i don't know about every region but I play in Australia and the bonus is basically always on survivor, I've only seen killers get the bp bonus in my region really late at night in the AM.
edit: i just wanted to point out as well dead by queue also shows the killers having the massive wait times for a lobby, meaning there should be plenty of killer players when wait times are minutes difference
The bonus is effected by MMR, region, and time of day. So whatever bonus you have could be completely different to someone else. Like OP, I'm in Australia and bonus is always on survivor until late at night when it turns to killer.
never, they don't care about survivors at all, prime example is new overbuffed Shape, my teammates now give up against him, so boring to loop him, just predrop and run where is the fun chases and 50/50? Yet another Clown, Pig, PH boring zoners
I don’t dodge lobbies on both roles.
I never DCed on killer until it’s blatant cheater or emergency.
I never DCed as survivor until same conditions + griefing from teammates.
And I still have “filler” lobby. Just if I lose on killer more than two times, it gives me 100 hours survivor to return to my previous killrate and I find it ridiculous.
For survivor I see more killers from high top MMR - either S tier, either experienced main on the killer. I’m not surprised by p100 blight anymore
they just gave us a bunch of pallets, maybe some killers have been overtuned like krasuse but not killers mentioned.
I've versed a few Myers and don't see the issue with him, if anything i want old Myers back but that's a personal preference not based on balance.