Will the Twitch drops eventually become a code?

I really want the Halloween badge and banner that are currently available through Twitch drops, however, the email I originally used when making my Behaviour account was hacked and I have no way of unlinking my PS5 account from that profile so I’m now no longer able to earn Twitch drops. Will these items become available at a later date for people who couldn’t earn them through Twitch?

Comments

  • I would like to see this happen for all Twitch drops. Cosmetic items (which includes banners, badges, and charms) shouldn't be locked behind a one-time chance at participating, especially not on a completely separate platform.

    My friend and I have unlocked all/most of the Twitch drops on our accounts, and the idea of others unlocking them with a code later doesn't bother us. Things go wrong, people miss out on stuff, these things being given away via codes at a later date would not hurt Twitch drops participation, because many people will prefer to get them first thing, but it would give everyone a chance to have them which is how it should be. There's nothing special about Twitch drops and email giveaways, it's just more ways for people to miss out on stuff unnecessarily if they remain exclusive.

    These items really should be released as codes for everyone.

    Edit: Well, at least the Two Witches (Blue) Banner was given away as a code after that Twitch drop went so poorly. It really shouldn't require a complete disaster to make sure as many people as possible get to enjoy something, though. The Discord quest was such a huge fiasco the FNAF banner was given away to everyone, as well. We're seeing that BHVR can give these things away, if they choose.

  • As someone who never uses Twitch, I really hope so

  • I have no Twitch account so it would be nice.

  • @TragicSolitude said:

    I would like to see this happen for all Twitch drops. Cosmetic items (which includes banners, badges, and charms) shouldn't be locked behind a one-time chance at participating, especially not on a completely separate platform.

    My friend's unlocked I think all the Twitch drops on our PS4 account, and the idea of others unlocking them with a code later doesn't bother us. Hell, I just had something go wrong on my Switch account, and I don't have the Krasue or Vee Drums charms. Which sucks. Six hours of watching streamers to earn those was not a short amount of time. Unlocked every other set of Twitch drops fine, but something goes wrong with the really cool charms. (BHVR support said they couldn't help. Now I'm waiting to hear back from Twitch, but it's taking a while and I can't say I'm hopeful. I think I'm just screwed.) Anyway, things go wrong, people miss out on stuff, these things being given away via codes at a later date would not hurt Twitch drops participation, because many people will prefer to get them first thing, but it would give everyone a chance to have them which is how it should be. There's nothing special about Twitch drops and email giveaways, it's just more ways for people to miss out on stuff unnecessarily if they remain exclusive.

    Update: I heard back from Twitch. They can't help me. Twitch said that, in this case, it's up to the game developer's discretion whether to grant the in-game item. Either BHVR support doesn't know that, or at BHVR's discretion the policy is to not help. So, yeah, either way, I feel frustrated and rather dejected, considering I opened a support ticket on the 14th. It was really bad timing for such a cool Twitch drop, what with Nintendo Switch being cut off from cross-play so I wasn't playing and didn't immediately realize the claim didn't go through. I'm kicking myself for not realizing it earlier. Ugh, this sucks. And contacting BHVR support, being told only Twitch can help me, and then being told by Twitch it was up to BHVR all along, is not a fun way to spend the end of the week.

    These items really should be released as codes for everyone.

    It does suck for people who don’t have a Twitch account or people who aren’t able to earn them during the specific time period. With my situation, I’m completely screwed. I made a Behaviour account with an email address that got hacked and I no longer have access. I couldn’t remember what my Behaviour password was so went to reset it and then when I realised my email address was compromised I couldn’t change it. I made a new Behaviour account but when I go to link my PlayStation account it says it’s already linked to another profile. I’ve contacted their support team and explained my situation and asked if they’re able to unlink my PlayStation from the account I can no longer access so I’m able to re-link it to my new account and they said they’re unable to do that as when they unlink it, I have to click on a confirmation email which will be sent to an email address I’m locked out of. So now I’ll never be able to earn Twitch drops unless I made a brand new PlayStation account which I’m obviously not going to do as all of my progress for every game I own is on my current one. 😅

  • @turksmall236 said:

    As someone who never uses Twitch, I really hope so

    I’m not a fan of banners and badges being locked behind platforms like Twitch and Discord. I had to make a Discord account just to earn the FNAF badge and banners and then it turned out you couldn’t earn them in the EU for some reason as the quest for them would just never appear. I don’t really like using any social media platforms so I’d prefer it if things were unlockable through the game or through codes.

  • I think, like with the Prime gaming cosmetics, they will probably remain exclusive for awhile before popping up in the Bundles section of the store

  • They even said today they don't want anyone to be left out when that Maggie skin releases on the 28th, so why are we locking charms, badges, and banners behind Twitch drops? It's not fair to the average Joe who rarely goes on Twitch