Slugging and tunneling

dear behavior,


please do something about the slugging and tunneling. Over the last 20-30 matches I can count on one hand in how many matches at least 1 survivor made it out of the game. In almost every match I have either all lose because the killer slugs them all when he sees he loses the game especially the last 2 survivors or he tunnels every single one of them.

To be honest I’m not even having fun anymore as a survivor. It’s not normal that 17 out of 20 matches, every single survivor loses.

Comments

  • @Xord said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4020493#Comment_4020493

    Why don't you leave these forums if you clearly don't enjoy people giving feedback about the game on the feedback part of the forums?

    they can leave feedback, im leaving my own feedback. just because someone doesnt like the game, there are people that do like the game and dont want it changed because some people dont enjoy it.

    i dont like helldivers2, do i go on the forums and say "uninstalled because i dont like game"? no i just dont play it… and i leave that game to the people that do enjoy it.

  • This content has been removed.
  • @Xord said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4020542#Comment_4020542

    To think there is currently no issue in dbd is delusional. You're allowed to feel that way, that remains delusional.

    There are many aspects of the game that the crushing majority of the community agrees needs changing, one of those is slugging and tunneling.

    It doesn't mean we don't enjoy the game. We do. Giving negative feedback is different from not enjoying the game. And it's really great that the people who are fed up with it and uninstall the game voice themselves. Because it happens a LOT. The community shrinked down a lot and is only slightly revived with major DLCs, but the game right now is dying if some of these issues aren't addressed.

    I play survivor and I enjoy most of my games, that doesn't mean I have fun when I'm on the ground, bleeding, while the killer is looking for the 4th guy, and my only option is to disconect and take the leaver penalty or just go make myself a coffee because there's nothing I can do there except wait.

    and all i said was wise choice, if you dont enjoy it then dont play it. i do enjoy it and i do play it, and if there is 1 less person to DC out of frustration or go next then im happy with them uninstalling. come back when or if they make it fun for that person, but im enjoying the game at the moment even if others are not.

    player count remains pretty stable so i wouldnt say its a dying game at all.

  • lol why you guys feel triggered by my comment. It’s not that deep chill. It’s my right to give feedback and to tell if I uninstalled because I’m tired of slugging and tunneling. That’s what feedback is about.

    If you don’t agree but save your breath telling me what to do cause I don’t care

  • @CrossX2 said:

    lol why you guys feel triggered by my comment. It’s not that deep chill. It’s my right to give feedback and to tell if I uninstalled because I’m tired of slugging and tunneling. That’s what feedback is about.

    If you don’t agree but save your breath telling me what to do cause I don’t care

    which is why im in agreement of your decision lol. thats my feedback.

  • ok and now? You think it has any value for me? Lol

    Gaming community is so damn toxic. Nobody is allowed to criticize anything. And if they do they always get attacked personally. It’s just a god damn game not that deep.

    @runningguy said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4020621#Comment_4020621

    which is why im in agreement of your decision lol. thats my feedback.

  • @CrossX2 said:

    ok and now? You think it has any value for me? Lol

    Gaming community is so damn toxic. Nobody is allowed to criticize anything. And if they do they always get attacked personally. It’s just a god damn game not that deep.

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4020623#Comment_4020623

    its not supposed to have value to you, its supposed to have value to other people that might be interested in the opposing view that the game isnt always doom and gloom. i have not once personally attacked you or told you what to do or even criticised your decision. you left the game because you dont enjoy it, good for you… what more do you want a goodbye ceremony? beg you not to leave?

  • @runningguy said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4020626#Comment_4020626

    its not supposed to have value to you, its supposed to have value to other people that might be interested in the opposing view that the game isnt always doom and gloom. i have not once personally attacked you or told you what to do or even criticised your decision. you left the game because you dont enjoy it, good for you… what more do you want a goodbye ceremony? beg you not to leave?

    nah but your comments aren’t helping anyone in fact they’re demotivating. Just because you don’t have a problem with certain things or are still enjoying the game doesn’t mean others feel the same. This place is not supposed to be a place where people argue but rather a discussion place. Instead I just read here how survivors suck and tunneling is totally fine bla bla bla. I never said it should be removed but just to do something to make it a bit easier for us. So if you don’t have anything helpful or motivating to say don’t say anything instead of something like glad you left.
    and before so say you didn’t write that, I’m not dumb I can read between lines.

  • @CrossX2 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4020637#Comment_4020637

    nah but your comments aren’t helping anyone in fact they’re demotivating. Just because you don’t have a problem with certain things or are still enjoying the game doesn’t mean others feel the same. This place is not supposed to be a place where people argue but rather a discussion place. Instead I just read here how survivors suck and tunneling is totally fine bla bla bla. I never said it should be removed but just to do something to make it a bit easier for us. So if you don’t have anything helpful or motivating to say don’t say anything instead of something like glad you left.
    and before so say you didn’t write that, I’m not dumb I can read between lines.

    your reading between the lines is apparently reading somthing that isnt there lol. sorry if your offended but i stand by comment.

  • @runningguy said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4020658#Comment_4020658

    your reading between the lines is apparently reading somthing that isnt there lol. sorry if your offended but i stand by comment.

    in order to offend me I need to care and I don’t care. I know this is has been a topic for a long time and it’s affecting a lot of players and the dbd community is shrinking. I see that in match finding it takes forever to find 3 other survivors.

  • @CrossX2 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4020661#Comment_4020661

    in order to offend me I need to care and I don’t care. I know this is has been a topic for a long time and it’s affecting a lot of players and the dbd community is shrinking. I see that in match finding it takes forever to find 3 other survivors.

    it depends on time and location…. killers are finding matches in seconds in some areas but survivors are finding matches in seconds in other areas. steam player chart shows player count is still up from what it was last year…. not sure where your getting this info from but it doesnt match reality

    Screenshot 2025-10-27 223708.png
  • @runningguy said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4020669#Comment_4020669

    it depends on time and location…. killers are finding matches in seconds in some areas but survivors are finding matches in seconds in other areas. steam player chart shows player count is still up from what it was last year…. not sure where your getting this info from but it doesnt match reality

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/01UPDT0YZJ5B/screenshot-2025-10-27-223708.png

    I do find matches in seconds quick but we’re always waiting in the lobby till we’re full

  • @CrossX2 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4020672#Comment_4020672

    I do find matches in seconds quick but we’re always waiting in the lobby till we’re full

    not in my matches, im waiting maybe 20 seconds at most for a full loby and thats with lobby dodgers.

  • @runningguy said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4020711#Comment_4020711

    not in my matches, im waiting maybe 20 seconds at most for a full loby and thats with lobby dodgers.

    but see this is what I mean, YOU may don’t experience that and you may enjoy the game, other don’t there are not a few but a lot. Just because you are fine with everything doesn’t mean it the game is just fine. A game is supposed to be fun for everyone not just for you. And they have to find a way to make it fun for everyone. And since there’s is a big amount of people complaining about tunneling and slugging for years now, they have to find a solution which is fair to both sides

  • Is gotten to a point where players don’t even go for the save any more cause they know the killer is just waiting for the person to be unhooked and as soon as they unhook the person hes gonna be downed again and the person who unhooks too and it’s just more efficient to just stay at the gen cause. I had so many matches where people just let me die on the hook and I’m not even mad cause I understand why they do it. Most of the times the only way to win a game to not go for the save. And I just saw this happen more and more often

  • @CrossX2 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4020713#Comment_4020713

    but see this is what I mean, YOU may don’t experience that and you may enjoy the game, other don’t there are not a few but a lot. Just because you are fine with everything doesn’t mean it the game is just fine. A game is supposed to be fun for everyone not just for you. And they have to find a way to make it fun for everyone. And since there’s is a big amount of people complaining about tunneling and slugging for years now, they have to find a solution which is fair to both sides

    it will never be fun for everyone, there will always be people that wont like the game. name 1 game that every person on earth likes to play… you cant. if you dont like the game, thats fine but like i said i do, i find it fun as killer and survivor. and clearly many others do too or they wouldnt be playing it. dont enjoy it, dont play it. play something else until they come up with a solution your happy with. thats a reasonable outlook on things.

    im just saying if someone can voice their opinions and say they dont like it, i can voice mine to say i do. this gives a fair representation of the game.

  • I know that it will never be fun for everyone but there is a huge amount of people conplaining about this issue. It’s not that every now and then there is 1 or 2 people complaining about this. It’s been a topic for years and since behavior themselves address this topic multiple times, we can say for sure it’s an issue. And they’re right, it shortens the match time for the player that is an issue.

  • If you not good, you should Practice more.

  • lol what a stupid answer, so this game is supposed to be fun for only pro players?
    and even if you’re a pro, if you’re being targeted for tunneling you will go down for sure no matter how good you are

  • My survivor matches never end in a lose cause of camping or slugging they end in a loss cause of terrible an selfish team mates

  • @CrossX2 said:

    uninstalled the game today. Just not having fun anymore. Feels like tunneling,slugging and camping has become the new standard

    I just did the same, I am taking my money and my time from this game till they fix slugging, tunneling and camping. If not, I hope this franchise is short lived and something better comes along.

  • @CrossX2 said:

    dear behavior,


    please do something about the slugging and tunneling. Over the last 20-30 matches I can count on one hand in how many matches at least 1 survivor made it out of the game. In almost every match I have either all lose because the killer slugs them all when he sees he loses the game especially the last 2 survivors or he tunnels every single one of them.

    To be honest I’m not even having fun anymore as a survivor. It’s not normal that 17 out of 20 matches, every single survivor loses.

    How many hours do you have in DBD?

  • so I played only killer for like almost 2 weeks now. I almost never played as killer so I’m not a pro at this.
    But now I really don’t understand why killers are complaining that the game is survivor sided this is definetly not true. I won almost every game each match I always let one survivor go cause I felt bad for them. I played fair, no tunneling, no slugging no camping, I didn’t even really equipped perks. So this game in my opinion is definitely not survivor sided.

  • @CrossX2 said:

    dear behavior,


    please do something about the slugging and tunneling. Over the last 20-30 matches I can count on one hand in how many matches at least 1 survivor made it out of the game. In almost every match I have either all lose because the killer slugs them all when he sees he loses the game especially the last 2 survivors or he tunnels every single one of them.

    To be honest I’m not even having fun anymore as a survivor. It’s not normal that 17 out of 20 matches, every single survivor loses.

    You have a counter to them though. It's called looping and doing gens. I see lots of tunnelling killers on Twitch lose despite tunneling.

  • @CrossX2 said:

    so I played only killer for like almost 2 weeks now. I almost never played as killer so I’m not a pro at this.
    But now I really don’t understand why killers are complaining that the game is survivor sided this is definetly not true. I won almost every game each match I always let one survivor go cause I felt bad for them. I played fair, no tunneling, no slugging no camping, I didn’t even really equipped perks. So this game in my opinion is definitely not survivor sided.

    Thats an mmr thing. Every killer has their own matchmaking rating unless you get 1 to skyrocket past the "softcap" where it places the rest of your roster at a new minimum difficulty. If you play the same killer for a couple days maybe even less, youl eventually constantly get swf teams, ttv teams, bully squads, swat teams. And the things they are capable of can make you feel helpless to get even 1 or 2 hooks before all the gens are done. Im not justifying the tunneling or anything i just mean the game isnt properly balanced around survivor teams using 3rd party communication software that start each game with a plan and strategy, as apose to the people youve currently played against which either don't know eachother at all or at most have a duo of 2 players working together. Which is why the game is survivor sided when it comes to swf teams, killer sides when it comes to the traditional random soloque players

  • This content has been removed.
1 2 ›