Connection with host could not be established
I’m experiencing a very specific issue in Dead by Daylight that seems to be tied to certain characters. After testing, I noticed that when I select Claudette as a survivor, the game loads normally and I can join matches without any issues. However, when I pick Ace or other survivors I’ve tested, the game fails to connect and displays the error: “Connection with host could not be established.”
The same pattern appears on the killer side as well: The Trapper works fine and loads into matches without problems, but other killers such as The Nurse, The Blight, and The Wesker trigger the same connection error immediately. I haven’t tested every single character yet, but so far it seems that the problem is specific to certain characters rather than being a general connection issue.
This leads me to think the issue might be related to corrupted character assets, loadout data, or something in the character-specific server sync. It’s happening consistently with the same characters and never with others, which suggests it’s not random.
Has anyone else encountered this kind of killer- or survivor-specific “Connection with host could not be established” error? I’m curious if it’s happening to other players or if it could be related to a recent update or patch.
Comments