Do you prefer first-person killer or third-person killer perspective?
Tittle.
Tittle.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Well, first person is more immersive and 3rd more easier
But I'll chose 3rd person cuz i'm a lazy ass
FPV as a Survivor would be crazy. Lights Out FPV mode would be insane.
FPV as killer all the time.
3rd person view is distracting, detrimental for a lot of FPS-like powers and breaks one of the core dynamics in the game, giving killer as much positional awareness as survivors have.
typically 1st, i want to feel immersed while I strangle somebody. makes it feel more personal. gives survivors a chance to outplay me too with the FoV
Chaingun > shark
3rd person just makes movement feel slow.
3rd person. It lets you see more, which is a big deal and it lets you appreciate the skins you've got on your killer. Also, I disagree with the idea that first person is inherently more immersive. People generally think that because they lack imagination. Immersion has nothing to do with the game's camera perspective and everything to do with its design.
first person because I’ve been playing so long that that’s what I’m used to.
I prefer the option to freely choose which modes I can be in.
If i could third person skull merchant.... 🙂
@devs if there's any reason to stop releasing 3rd person killers this is it
What do you think about the gun in DBD?
Depends on the killer:
I would never play a huntress or deathslinger in 3rd person, but I'd also never play a dracula wolf in firstperson. Whatever fits the power and killer more is the option I prefer.