Don't change Michael Myers!
Just like the title says. He is great how he is and his new rework takes away how he is in the movies.
Just like the title says. He is great how he is and his new rework takes away how he is in the movies.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
It's already going through
BHVR reworking Myers like this really makes me not want to buy any more killers.
Why should I spend my money on a character which looks really fun to play only for BHVR to completely change how they work. Not to mention Skull Merchant is STILL gutted and basically has no power right now.
BHVR needs to STOP reworking killers just because many in the community say they are weak or survivors dislike them because they are not dash/m1 chase gameplay. Myers was on the weaker side, but he was very fun to play as he was and did not need to be reworked like this.
I probably won't play Myers ever again after this rework because why would I? BHVR ruined his identity and he is basically a mixture of Chucky and Pig now. If BHVR thinks I'm going to play Pig-lite Myers, I'd rather just play Pig.
There are quite few objective flaws to current Myers, I wouldn't quite say "he's great how he is", but I definitely agree that this update loses a big portion of what makes Myers the much beloved killer he is.
I believe there is some middle ground between the 2 that could definitely be struck... but I'm not a fan of how he is being changed... what's the point of making Myers viable if he doesn't look like Myers?
Still, I'm gonna try and keep an open mind, and if I hate the new set up as much as I think I might, I'll give an honest try of his Fragrent Tuft add-on... hopefully I can still keep the gameplay loop I used to love.
I’m torn, because i don’t really like the rework but I’m sick of getting tombstoned without a single hookstate because someone else fed him to 99. I don’t think being able to kill a survivor without hooking them a single time is healthy and all forms of it (save devour) should be removed.
BHVR could have fixed Tombstone by doing 3 simple things:
With these 3 changes Tombstone Myers because a much fairer and fun add-on to go against.
I personally think that for the rework BHVR should keep combine Judith's Tombstone add-on and the infinite Tier 3 add-on into 1. So people can still play Tombstone but they have to stalk up a TON in order to actually mori anyone. Especially if BHVR also adds the 3 changes mentioned before.
I'm going to miss tombstone and scratch mirror myers. They ruined him.
AMEN.
Also, Scratched Mirror is Iri now for some reason.