Your game is incredibly unbalanced. By design?

ive played 20 matches of survivor today. My team escaped ONE. I see your statistics have the killer winning 60 percent of the time. What are you guys thinking. Why not make it 50 50. Killer perks are absolutely ridiculous compared to survivor perks. The only thing survivors have is pallets and windows and so many killers (knight, legion, nurse and more) aren’t even affected by them. It’s like you designed a game for people to lose.

And then your matchmaking. Ive been playing for a couple months only and i go against people with 10x as many hours. In short what is your thought process? To try to piss people off?

Comments

  • @ReverseVelocity said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4002772#Comment_4002772

    I hate to say it but I think you're doing something real wrong because I cannot remember the last time I went on a losing streak this bad, if ever.

    It very well might just be a case of getting tilted and continuing to play anyway, which makes you make mistakes. I make sure to take a break if I have 2-3 really bad games in a row, it keeps me sane after all this time playing DBD.

    I don't really get tilted. It's just a game. Runs like this have a lot of factors, like playing at sweaty hours. I recall a lot of these matches were rife with cheese tactics as well. I still have a 40% so its clearly not the norm, but it's not rare either.

  • @Shinkiro said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4002850#Comment_4002850

    For all the moaning about how the game should be super casual and non competitive people sure do seem obsessive over their escape rates and hidden MMR when the brackets are so wide it doesnt even matter for 99% of people anyway.

    I'll go down and die for someone that contributed well for the team if they're on death hook, and trade so they escape, even more so if they practically carried the rest of the team with me. I play to win and even i don't really care about my escape rate all that much. Chases are the only fun part of survivor, chase me, tunnel me (i will waste your time gladly) i dont care, its way more fun than boring m1 simulator.

    Survivor is just way more chill than killer tbh.

    It's harder to do the same kind of stuff as killer (unless you've basically already won) because it can severely impact the game for you due to the time crunch nature of being the one vs the four and the nature of being at a huge disadvantage at the start and survivor objectives being way more time efficient than the killers (if survivors last more than 5s in chase). Its much easier being "nice" as survivor as there are others to pick up the slack in the match. You basically have to go into a game expecting to go against good survivors because if you don't you'll lose by the time to realise how efficient they are.

    Plus it just makes a really boring game as killer tbh when you actively have to avoid playing your objective and sandbag yourself.

    And as a player of both sides (currently highest playtime on survivor on dbd stats), my general observation is survivors do alot more to cause the stuff that gets moaned about more than the killers do honestly. Im sure some people on here won't like me saying that.

    The official stats page was a mistake. People care too much about these numbers. I use them as examples here because it's expected/needed to prove points at times, but I care more about what happens in the match. I don't love chase, I like objectives, but I'm no rat either. I take aggro and go down on purpose to help others. Being a selfish rat so I can inflate my numbers is never going to happen. What's the point? I get the most satisfaction from forming a line and escorting the team out the door. And yeah, even in my killer matches, it's often the most useful person who dies.

    Survivors are half their own problem, yes. I dipped my toe into soloq for the first time in a while yesterday. Watched one guy's HUD as he cleansed every totem on the map and opened every chest. He also unhooked me the second I was hooked. Earned me an immediate rehookiing. Had another match where someone worked with the killer and griefed everyone cause they didn't like someone's username.

    The thing I don't like is that the killlers in both these cases took advantage of the situations. I would never work with someone as killer who was purely griefing, nor would I chase that person who was unhooked in my face. I'd go for the unhooker.

    I expect a little more honor than I get from both sides.

  • @iceeinchrg said:

    There is no MMR. It’s all about getting a match as soon as possible.

    Game is killer sided by design, and that design has only gotten worse over the years as killers get stronger and stronger to sell DLC. Devs have no desire to upset their cash cows.

    It’s a team game, but there are very few tools enabling the team to actually play as a team and communicate. If tunneling one person out is so effective, think about how disadvantageous having one survivor trolling or being inexperienced is. Even one bad random can ruin a 3-man, never mind a full team of solos.

    Best you can do is simply not engage. Don’t feed the trolls in match. Don’t give the company your money.

    That's what the PTB tried to fix by making early 1v3s less of a free win for killer, giving the remaining survs a little hope with a repair bonus and giving killer buffs for chasing different players

    It wasn't even that crazy tbh just needed a bit of fine tuning, the community totally missed the point because "muh 4k", my kill rate will go from 80% to 75% how can i survive this

  • @Shinkiro said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4002886#Comment_4002886

    Yup same, plenty of killers give second chances and pity escapes and extra points at the end (including me). Never had survivors give up gens so i can catch up, or pity hooks and kills or anything like that, just the usual BMing. The expectations are one way only it seems, Killer has to play for survivors sake but not the other way round in any capacity. If its so one way i dunno why people are surprised others don't really care about their opponents experience when they never afford the same courtesy back.

    There shouldn't be any expectations of one sided "niceness" in a PvP game when everyone is playing within the rules. It's counter productive to the nature of PvP games.

    Mercy can only be given by the victors, and until they're over the finish line, survivors haven't won. The killer isn't out of it until survivors are at the map's edge beyond the gate, and even then, there's killers that can still yoink a kill or two.

  • said the private profile, what is it that you're hiding ? why do you care about my comment history, literally everyone here is biased toward their preferred side, if i'm wrong just prove it don't throw personal attacks

  • @Shinkiro said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4002886#Comment_4002886

    Yup same, plenty of killers give second chances and pity escapes and extra points at the end (including me). Never had survivors give up gens so i can catch up, or pity hooks and kills or anything like that, just the usual BMing. The expectations are one way only it seems, Killer has to play for survivors sake but not the other way round in any capacity. If its so one way i dunno why people are surprised others don't really care about their opponents experience when they never afford the same courtesy back.

    There shouldn't be any expectations of one sided "niceness" in a PvP game when everyone is playing within the rules. It's counter productive to the nature of PvP games.

    It's apples and oranges. DBD itself works best when all players respect each other, to the point that I would say it's mandatory in order for it to flow well. That's very counter-intuitive for a PVP game.

    I believe it shouldn't be up to any player to balance the game, but rather the game itself. If we are to assume that role however, that responsibility doesn't make sense on Survivor. Not because Survivor is a special class, but because it's designed to be the weaker and less accessible role. The majority already budge just by accepting to play the role. Asking them to then put themselves at an even greater disadvantage in hopes of Killer playing nice doesn't add up. That olive branch generally lives or dies on the Killer's acceptance and as a result should probably be offered by them first.

    Additionally, Survivor BM is a very different story compared to Killer BM. Survivor BM boils down to pointing their fingers and sticking out their tongues (or at worst, hook denial or meme perks which rarely go unpunished), while Killer BM can actively shut a game down. I do understand that being the 1 in the 1v4 has a unique psychological component to it, but that's entirely personal and has no concrete impact on the gameplay itself while camping/slugging/tunneling does. That's not to say that it doesn't matter, but that they're two different beasts.

    Now all of this to say you don't have to be nice to anyone. Nobody is forcing that. Ultimately it's up to BHVR to decide the flow of the game, even if players hate it. But the expectations are askew and personally feel very out of touch here.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4003227#Comment_4003227

    I have had debates with you in the past, where i actually gave up because you refuse to see the game from both sides, EVERYTHING i have seen from you is not just a little survivor based, but very much.

    How is this a personal attack? its not like im making something up, dont you stand by what you say?

    How do you want me to prove it?

    I advocate for both sides, and i have played about as much on both sides too. I want a balanced game but not a 50/50 as it is asymmetrical and i do believe that the killer needs to be stronger, they have only 4 perks to make it up for 16 perks they face.

    I was just expressing frustration because of the canceled update so it is slightly ragebait, but notice people are attacking me not the argument because it's kinda the truth

    I can't take this seriously you have your own thread on main page right now, titled ""Is this the survivor mentality?"", you're accusing me of something you're doing yourself, you see the irony right ?

1 2 ›