Killer Main - We need anti tunneling, camping, and slugging systems in place
I'm a killer main and I've seen the backlash about the anti tunnel, slugging, and camping systems. And how it's too hard to 4k. It's not. 4Ks are too easy. I'm a killer main with 2200 hours and you absolutely do not need to play so selfishly to win. My playstyle already adhered to the changes so it was just a free buff for me. I make sure survivors have fun too. There's too much power on our side to play with poor sportsmanlike conduct and not enough people willing to look past their own results to ensure everyone in the match has a good time. That's why we NEED these systems. It's just human nature.
It is not fun to be tunneled out at the start of the game and be forced to sit there, unable to play with your friends, but stuck watching the match instead of moving on to the next game because it's the only way to continue playing with your friends. Downtime is the absolute worst thing you can have in a game. Killers need to think about the survivors too. There's more to it than just getting a 4K. You need to get it without spoiling the survivor's right to have a good time too. These systems are trying to fix a glaring flaw in the game's design that's been around since the beginning.
When I play killer, I usually don't even kill anyone. I get my eight hooks and then let them escape. I usually do it with 4 or 5 gens remaining. I main Daddy Myers and most matches I don't even use Tier III and I use the weakest addons I still have. I literally afk at the exit gate and wait for it to be powered so I can open it and scoot them along to next game. I don't camp or tunnel, at all. I do not use gen regression perks. If I need someone to stop progressing the gens while working on my eight hooks, but they have already been hooked twice, then I slug. I even try to make sure no more than two are hooked at a time so the survivors don't get left to die on hook.
I'm not expecting anyone to go this far by any means. I get you want to win, but I promise you that you do NOT need to use such scummy tactics to do it. It's just too easy to 4K that there's no excuse for having some consideration for the other players playing the same game.
Survivors still kill themselves all the time, btw. They fail to hook, or get each mad at each other, or DC to become a bot which I then kill. I admit, I will kill someone if they are proving to be a bad actor, but that's just to protect the fun of the other three playing. You can't go higher than Gold I w/o killing btw.
No one likes being nerfed or the game being forced to be harder, but it truly is needed. Please try to keep the survivors' experience in mind and just get use to the much needed changes. Thank you.
Comments
I wouldn't mind if you let survivors go occasionally, hell, even I sometimes do it too, if my opponent's clearly newbies.
But doing it EVERY SINGLE GAME??
Honestly if you think winning means being mean to the other side, you shouldn't play any PVP games at all. Hell, you can't even play chess because you afraid of winning.
Besides, you're actually NOT being fair to survivors you play. YOU ARE SMURFING. You clearly has much higher skill, but you decide to bully the new players instead of people on par with you. THIS IS NOT FAIR.
Whilst I agree with the sentiment, as others have pointed out, you cannot generalise your experience with the overall state of the game. Well intentioned or not, you are gaming the system and creating a very different balance of power than a player who is playing to win would experience.
I'm not going to shame you for it, despite having an MMR system, the devs seem to be doing everything in their power to avoid making DbD a fair competitive experience anyway. I'd just advise against using your experience as an example of how the game should be.
Thats something I feel so frustrated with when im playing survivor. I remember playing vs a Blight that was significantly better than us... but the game took so long because he wouldn't kill anyone, just kept slugging ppl on death hook.. We EVENTUALLY got a 4 man out and im assuming he then moved to even lower MMR survivors.