Can we do something about hyperfocus

I'm getting very tired of seeing at least one hyperfocus every match, the gen speed is insane with that perk and it doesn't even require skill to hit the great skill checks if you combine it with stake out.

As a killer player I'm trying not to tunnel yet the gen speed is so quick with that perk that I just lose in that case, unless survivors die in 10 seconds. I don't want to have to tunnel as killer as I find it boring, but if I want to have a chance to win I need to, when that perk is used and unfortunately I see it more and more frequently these days.

I'd suggest either reworking the perk or at least nerfing it to some extent because it literally makes killers tunnel if they want to have a chance to win while that perk is in the game (At least while playing lower tier killers). Or at least make it unusable with stake out so there's some skill involved to hit the greats with hyperfocus.

Comments

  • I hardly see anyone using hyperfocus at all. Not in my games, not in those of all the streams i am watching. The perk has never been an issue to begin with. Also you misunderstand the causalism here. People use hyperfocus to counter tunneling. Not the other way round.

  • Personally, I feel that Hyperfocus is only overturned when combined with a toolbox, since toolboxes inherently give you a higher chance to get skill checks. We’ll have to see how it interacts with the new survivor perk later this month (1 2 3 4), but otherwise I think it’s fair enough.

  • Every match? I think I see one Hyperfocus every 30 matches, maybe.

  • Hyperfocus itself is terrible, only decent in gen rush builds and if you run Into that every game then just run slowdown lol

  • @DeBecker said:

    I hardly see anyone using hyperfocus at all. Not in my games, not in those of all the streams i am watching. The perk has never been an issue to begin with. Also you misunderstand the causalism here. People use hyperfocus to counter tunneling. Not the other way round.

    Survivors won't know who they're facing, if they face a killer that won't tunnel they'll still have the perk to rush their objective. That forces a killer that won't tunnel to actually tunnel.

    @Foggyguy said:

    If you don't want to tunnel then don't? If you feel the need to then newsflash, you are artificially boosting your mmr by getting free kills you don't deserve. Seriously you are doing this to yourself. Don't like good survivors on gens that you can't stop? Then take the L and get back into your right mmr bracket with players on your skill level.

    Are you saying tunneling gives free kills you shouldn't get? You must be new to this game to have such take.

    "good survivors on gens" right because hyperfocus is a skill based perk right? You really are delusional mate, there's no skill in using gen rush perks, killers can't counter that, so by your logic all killers should get back in low mmr because they can't stop hyperfocus from rushing gens.

  • @havoc said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4000855#Comment_4000855

    Survivors won't know who they're facing, if they face a killer that won't tunnel they'll still have the perk to rush their objective. That forces a killer that won't tunnel to actually tunnel.

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4000862#Comment_4000862

    Are you saying tunneling gives free kills you shouldn't get? You must be new to this game to have such take.

    "good survivors on gens" right because hyperfocus is a skill based perk right? You really are delusional mate, there's no skill in using gen rush perks, killers can't counter that, so by your logic all killers should get back in low mmr because they can't stop hyperfocus from rushing gens.

    No perk ever led a killer to tunnel.

  • Wrong, killers tend to start tunneling once they have to in order to not "lose". Hyperfocus makes gens go so fast that killers have to tunnel if they want to keep up. Maybe not the strongest killers like nurse and blight but average killers like my beloved demogorgon can't get downs fast enough to deal with hyperfocus gen speed unless the survivors aren't good